The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nieder

Troy Terry Watch

There is a prospects thread that this is being discussed in, however, he's likely to be on the roster in the next 24 hours so I think a thread on the main page is appropriate.

Not sure how I created 2 identical threads, I'm sure Admin will delete one at some point.

15 minutes ago, nieder said:

There is a prospects thread that this is being discussed in, however, he's likely to be on the roster in the next 24 hours so I think a thread on the main page is appropriate.

I don't know how this works...does this mean he is eligible to play with the team immediately?

Yes. Much like the Bruins signed Donato and then started playing him immediately. 

He could even play tomorrow night if he signs today. Unlikely but possible. 

10 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

So what's the word?  Does playing him now take a year off his Entry Level Contract?

If he plays this season it would burn a year. It's likely that part of the deal to sign now is to guarantee that the Ducks do in fact burn that year so he is one year closer to RFA and a bigger contract.

Quick, someone light a bag of dog turds on fire and leave it in front of Gretzky's door so he doesn't try tampering with our prospects again! 

54 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Quick, someone light a bag of dog turds on fire and leave it in front of Gretzky's door so he doesn't try tampering with our prospects again! 

This...uh...I feel like there's a story to this...lol

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

That was sooo lame!! How was he able to talk to him? Didnt the Ducks have rights on him at that point? Did Bob give him and Oil permission? 

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Sign him, play him on the third line immediately, move Ritchie down to the 4th.

I agree. We need speed and scoring STAT. Richie did give us that clutch goal against the Jets but I feel he'd be more effective on the fourth line. 

5 minutes ago, jimmcdon said:

It's official.

2018-03-26_1655.png

It's Offical Troy Terry is now a Duck and Join the Flock Great Choice by this young Man.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Kelly played on the U.S. Olympic team this year with Terry, so wouldn't be a bad idea to start Terry on the 4th line with Kelly. And if Terry plays very well, can slowly move him up in the lineup.

17 minutes ago, duck123 said:

Kelly played on the U.S. Olympic team this year with Terry, so wouldn't be a bad idea to start Terry on the 4th line with Kelly. And if Terry plays very well, can slowly move him up in the lineup.

I think I'd rather just see Kelly sit for Terry lol

9 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I think I'd rather just see Kelly sit for Terry lol

I can see that happening as well.  Will be interesting to see who sits: Kelly or Chimera. 

28 minutes ago, duck123 said:

Chris Kelly is Canadian. 

Awwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

I don’t know that he plays tomorrow with no practice with the team, but Vancouver would be a good first opponent. I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt he plays against the Kings, so the Ducks could opt to get him a lot of practice time, while getting used to the system, before giving him his first game against Colorado on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, rdm400 said:

Chris Kelly is Canadian. 

Oops.  Guess I was wrong about that.  Lol.  Yeah, you're right.  Just looked that up and you are right. Not sure why I thought he was on the team with Terry.  Oh well.  Should be exciting to see Terry play.  He has a ton of skill and speed.  6'1".  To add somebody like him after the trade deadline is something that does not happen too often for teams. 

By the way, Terry is awesome at shootouts.  Should hopefully translate to the NHL level.  Needing all of the points we can get, we can use somebody like Terry in any potential shootouts down the stretch.  Maybe one of the reasons we signed him now?  For his shootout skills?  Well, obviously not the main reason.  But, still.  Like I said, we can use all the points we can get, including ones we get from potential shootouts.  

1 hour ago, JadeDragonEyes said:

I agree. We need speed and scoring STAT. Richie did give us that clutch goal against the Jets but I feel he'd be more effective on the fourth line. 

He scored a goal and ate a pancake the next game. I was sold on Ritchie last season,  but as for the word expendable,  he's at the top of my list behind Bieksuck and Kelley.

46 minutes ago, duck123 said:

By the way, Terry is awesome at shootouts.  Should hopefully translate to the NHL level.  Needing all of the points we can get, we can use somebody like Terry in any potential shootouts down the stretch.  Maybe one of the reasons we signed him now?  For his shootout skills?  Well, obviously not the main reason.  But, still.  Like I said, we can use all the points we can get, including ones we get from potential shootouts.  

That video game me the chills. I Know that the NHL is a way bigger and faster game, but this kid has the swagger, the speed, and a decent set of hands .Would be a shame if we didn't see him at some point going forward this season.

38 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

He scored a goal and ate a pancake the next game. I was sold on Ritchie last season,  but as for the word expendable,  he's at the top of my list behind Bieksuck and Kelley.

He shined quite a bit for us in the playoffs last year. If he can do that again this year, he'll win back a lot of fans I'm sure. 

33 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

That video game me the chills. I Know that the NHL is a way bigger and faster game, but this kid has the swagger, the speed, and a decent set of hands .Would be a shame if we didn't see him at some point going forward this season.

Yeah, great skill.  Hopefully it translates to the Ducks.  We...shall...see.  GO DUCKS! 

Once Terry’s season culminated, the Ducks went about finalizing a deal with his representatives, and the Denver native is expected to join the team in Vancouver for the final stop of its four-game road trip. His time spent with the Ducks this season will count as the first year, making him a restricted free agent in the summer of 2020.

Terry, 20, is seen in many corners as pro-ready, and that was further shown at the Winter Olympics when he became one of the United States’ top forwards as one of four collegians on the roster. He was also the shootout star that won a world junior title for the Americans in 2017.