The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nieder

Troy Terry Watch

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Once Terry’s season culminated, the Ducks went about finalizing a deal with his representatives, and the Denver native is expected to join the team in Vancouver for the final stop of its four-game road trip. His time spent with the Ducks this season will count as the first year, making him a restricted free agent in the summer of 2020.

Terry, 20, is seen in many corners as pro-ready, and that was further shown at the Winter Olympics when he became one of the United States’ top forwards as one of four collegians on the roster. He was also the shootout star that won a world junior title for the Americans in 2017.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/26/ducks-sign-prized-college-prospect-troy-terry-to-three-year-contract/

It’s always proper to link the source article when you copy/paste directly from it. 

At 6’1 175 20 Years old he still might be growing. Though he seems like he has good upside I am not going to expect much from him too soon. In fact, hopefully he gets time in the AHL next season but with a signed contract not sure he goes down now even though it is always beneficial to ease a young player into the ultra competitive NHL. We’ll see how he does, hope he is not too much of a liability out there. 

10 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Quick, someone light a bag of dog turds on fire and leave it in front of Gretzky's door so he doesn't try tampering with our prospects again! 

I appreciate your incentive for disaster preparation. But Gretzky is probably preparing for a new stint as head coach. Edmonton is fun!

2 hours ago, poum said:

I appreciate your incentive for disaster preparation. But Gretzky is probably preparing for a new stint as head coach. Edmonton is fun!

The Gretzky coaching the McDavid? Wow. Eat this, Sid-Ovi. (each of them alone probably still has a better team than that combo)

So excited for Terry! He looks like he can put that puck thing into that net thing. Very useful for the Ducks. Here's to hoping that RC does not destroy him. Monty is so far so good. It's a great thing maybe that forwards are not Randy's favorite position, maybe one of the assistants will be on Terry, and Randy will keep to his abusing Fowler.

Randy Carlyle said Troy Terry will play tonight for Ducks. Called him a skilled player that will play with some of their skilled. (Also, the photog in me just wanted to post a better shot).

There must be a typo.  The Ducks can't be getting a player that isn't in his late 30s can we.?  This is most exciting, except that his playoff beard might be a little scraggly.

16 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Not sure why so much hyper around him. 5th round pick, average statistic. Definitely, not a new Getzlaf in coming...

The excitement is because whenever he has played against higher level opposition (Olympics, World Juniors) he has excelled. It doesn't really matter where he was drafted, he's now viewed as having the potential to be a top-6 NHL forward. Nobody is claiming that he's going to be the next Getzlaf.

11 minutes ago, nieder said:

The excitement is because whenever he has played against higher level opposition (Olympics, World Juniors) he has excelled. It doesn't really matter where he was drafted, he's now viewed as having the potential to be a top-6 NHL forward. Nobody is claiming that he's going to be the next Getzlaf.

and he was drafted in 2015.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Not sure why so much hyper around him. 5th round pick, average statistic. Definitely, not a new Getzlaf in coming...

Christmas around your house must be fun.

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Well, then, I guess he's useless.

Unless it's a team full of captains, no use getting excited about good depth players.

Tonites the Night Terry is making his Debut....Glad to see him wearing a Lucky Number in 61.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It would be so refreshing to see a rookie stand out offensively for the Ducks.  Kase was great last year, but they need someone to come in and really have an impact.

10 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

It would be so refreshing to see a rookie stand out offensively for the Ducks.  Kase was great last year, but they need someone to come in and really have an impact.

Terry jumps out like an Oshie at an unassuming fan's face.

2018-19-upper-deck-nhl-hockey-rookie-car

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Terry named to the AHL All-Star roster. 

Congrats to Terry....12Goals 19Assists 31pts...Leading all Gulls in Points. He earn it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Congrats to Terry....12Goals 19Assists 31pts...Leading all Gulls in Points. He earn it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Troy Terry was selected as an AHL All-Star. Co-leads the league in rookie scoring. Currently tops @SDGullsAHL with 31 points (12 goals, 19 assists) in 27 GP.

^^ Kinda sad when the babies are outscoring the grown ass adults in the big boy League.

41 minutes ago, poum said:

^^ Kinda sad when the babies are outscoring the grown ass adults in the big boy League.

He's not outscoring them in the big boy league.  He's outscoring them in the baby league.  He doesn't even have a single point in 8 NHL games.

59 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

He's not outscoring them in the big boy league.  He's outscoring them in the baby league.  He doesn't even have a single point in 8 NHL games.

I'm not trying to compare apples and oranges with the differences between the two Leagues. Someone posted somewhere, that former Duck Pirri is on a scoring rampage in the AHL. Something he is not very good at the NHL level.

I'm just really irritated that... Pontus Aberg is the leading goal scorer.*

* Kase will probably over take him though.

11 hours ago, poum said:

I'm not trying to compare apples and oranges with the differences between the two Leagues. Someone posted somewhere, that former Duck Pirri is on a scoring rampage in the AHL. Something he is not very good at the NHL level.

I'm just really irritated that... Pontus Aberg is the leading goal scorer.*

* Kase will probably over take him though.

I just watched the highlights of Vegas' game against NYR. Didn't realize Pirri is playing for them. 8 goals in 7 games. Apparently he's the new W. Karlsson of "Holy crap! Where did that come from!?"

10 hours ago, poum said:

I just watched the highlights of Vegas' game against NYR. Didn't realize Pirri is playing for them. 8 goals in 7 games. Apparently he's the new W. Karlsson of "Holy crap! Where did that come from!?"

Or the new Pontus Aberg of that department...

25 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Or the new Pontus Aberg of that department...

Meh. Aberg is 11 goals in 30+ plus games. The randoms over in Las Vegas, the "their still playing" types; keep finding new ways to be useful.

Even Nate Schimdt is making a name for him myself.

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The watch appears to be back on. Looks like Terry and Jones have been called up. 

Bollocks. More young players for RC to ruin.

1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Bollocks. More young players for RC to ruin.

Like Kase and Rakell?

Who has he ruined in a horrible way?    I don't like RC much these days, but this schtick is getting old.

47 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Like Kase and Rakell?

Who has he ruined in a horrible way?    I don't like RC much these days, but this schtick is getting old.

Um. The entire D. All of them. Each and every one.