Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oside2006

2018 Free Agency

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Surely you jest.  If Carlyle was going anywhere, he would be gone by now.  The draft is a few days away.

There's no way the Ducks would pay whatever Trotz is asking.  I don't even know what he's asking, I just know there's no way the Ducks would be in the same state let alone the same ballpark.

YES I was. !!!! Couldn't find the SARCASM emoji  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pazonator said:

I believe the Sharks just traded Mike to Florida for some picks

Goes to show they do not want anything to do with the Toxic off season drama. Fastest trade I have seen this week.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Not a free agency move but....did somebody order a Top 6 LW?

 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/friedman-blue-jackets-testing-market-artemi-panarin/

They will want a High Price for Panarin. Will the Ducks pay? or will they demand their own price.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don’t see the solution to our problems being any big name FA’s. I do like Burokovsky though. I don’t think he’d be too expensive and I think he’d be a solid addition. I think the only big name I want to see is Pacioretty. I think we need to solve this problem internally for the most part. RC is a mistake and I pray he can adapt, but I’m not holding my breath. If we can get Silf and Perry back to form I don’t think things are as bleak as they seem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Honestly, I don’t see the solution to our problems being any big name FA’s. I do like Burokovsky though. I don’t think he’d be too expensive and I think he’d be a solid addition. I think the only big name I want to see is Pacioretty. I think we need to solve this problem internally for the most part. RC is a mistake and I pray he can adapt, but I’m not holding my breath. If we can get Silf and Perry back to form I don’t think things are as bleak as they seem. 

I agree, plus the Ducks don’t go big in free agency anyway. They don’t have the money either even without factoring the RFA’s that they need to be re-signed: Kase, Ritchie, Montour this year and then Gibson next year. That also doesn’t include possibly extending Henrique which seems more likely now with the uncertainty surrounding Kesler’s health.

I like Pacioretty but wouldn’t trade for him. He’d be a one-year rental and the assets used to get him could be used to help rebuild our forward group longer term. It’s not like he’s be the missing piece to a team that’s going to seriously contend anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I agree, plus the Ducks don’t go big in free agency anyway. They don’t have the money either even without factoring the RFA’s that they need to be re-signed: Kase, Ritchie, Montour this year and then Gibson next year. That also doesn’t include possibly extending Henrique which seems more likely now with the uncertainty surrounding Kesler’s health.

I like Pacioretty but wouldn’t trade for him. He’d be a one-year rental and the assets used to get him could be used to help rebuild our forward group longer term. It’s not like he’s be the missing piece to a team that’s going to seriously contend anyway. 

 

I agree to an extent, I don’t think Pacioretty instantly gets us a cup, but a money in the bank 30 goal guy with Henrique and Kase sounds exciting. I’m not sure on the price and the longer this goes on I think the less the price I doubt Bergevin pulls a Sakic. I’m not married to the idea of it doesn’t happen. I think the biggest move I wanted from murray was a new coach and now that that isn’t happening I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a very long unproductive off season and another similar stsrt to the season as last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I agree to an extent, I don’t think Pacioretty instantly gets us a cup, but a money in the bank 30 goal guy with Henrique and Kase sounds exciting. I’m not sure on the price and the longer this goes on I think the less the price I doubt Bergevin pulls a Sakic. I’m not married to the idea of it doesn’t happen. I think the biggest move I wanted from murray was a new coach and now that that isn’t happening I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a very long unproductive off season and another similar stsrt to the season as last year 

It could be exciting to have him, but that excitement would be for one season. If he's not re-signing with Montreal, then he's probably getting traded before the season begins so that the Canadiens can get max value for him. My guess is that a first round pick and a quality prospect would probably be involved, which the Ducks can't afford to give up. He's got a great cap hit for a four-time 30 goal scorer.

Like you said, would you want Pacioretty with Carlyle behind the bench right now lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It could be exciting to have him, but that excitement would be for one season. If he's not re-signing with Montreal, then he's probably getting traded before the season begins so that the Canadiens can get max value for him. My guess is that a first round pick and a quality prospect would probably be involved, which the Ducks can't afford to give up. He's got a great cap hit for a four-time 30 goal scorer.

Like you said, would you want Pacioretty with Carlyle behind the bench right now lol? 

It would be very unpredictable.....it could turn either way. good or bad.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@icemancometh Will get more into it but Bob Murray said he's started contract talks with John Gibson, Adam Henrique and Jakob Silfverberg. Their deals are up in 2019. Has also exchanged offers with agents for Brandon Montour, Nick Ritchie and Ondrej Kase, who are RFAs on July 1. #NHLDucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@icemancometh Will get more into it but Bob Murray said he's started contract talks with John Gibson, Adam Henrique and Jakob Silfverberg. Their deals are up in 2019. Has also exchanged offers with agents for Brandon Montour, Nick Ritchie and Ondrej Kase, who are RFAs on July 1. #NHLDucks

Not expecting much to come out of the contract talks, especially with both Henrique and Silfverberg. The Ducks can't afford to re-sign everyone though and I'm not sure why you'd keep the same roster intact after the house of cards came crashing down last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks bag on the Kings but getting IK is a big deal for them

I sure wish the ducks had a gm with the same attitude 

All duck fans can look forward to are older retreads that can’t hang

kings will be better and I don’t want to see that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Not expecting much to come out of the contract talks, especially with both Henrique and Silfverberg. The Ducks can't afford to re-sign everyone though and I'm not sure why you'd keep the same roster intact after the house of cards came crashing down last season.

Exactly. Rico is probably looking for the first his opportunity to get out from this team especially after that train wreck. Silver has never been a consistent scorer so if we keep him he should be on the cheap. Don’t see why Silver wouldn’t want to be on team N America Sweden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Folks bag on the Kings but getting IK is a big deal for them

I sure wish the ducks had a gm with the same attitude 

All duck fans can look forward to are older retreads that can’t hang

kings will be better and I don’t want to see that...

LOL...  IK is an older retread.   As was Gaborik when they signed him. Very bad deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Exactly. Rico is probably looking for the first his opportunity to get out from this team especially after that train wreck. Silver has never been a consistent scorer so if we keep him he should be on the cheap. Don’t see why Silver wouldn’t want to be on team N America Sweden. 

Yeah, it's weird. Silfverberg is actually fairly paid right now but he's probably going to get an increase. Somewhere in the 4 -4.3 million range would be my guess, and we still can't afford that even if we don't sign Henrique. At least if we are content with not adding actual scoring. To me, signing Henrique only makes sense as a stop gap measure if Kesler's hip is truly that bad. Otherwise, it's just another expensive contract for an aging player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm to Calgary.

Kovalchuk to the Kings.

Pacioretty to the Sharks.

3 Pacific teams just got stronger in one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, it's weird. Silfverberg is actually fairly paid right now but he's probably going to get an increase. Somewhere in the 4 -4.3 million range would be my guess, and we still can't afford that even if we don't sign Henrique. At least if we are content with not adding actual scoring. To me, signing Henrique only makes sense as a stop gap measure if Kesler's hip is truly that bad. Otherwise, it's just another expensive contract for an aging player.

I think Henrique is a good signing for us if he resigns because he’s got talent and buys us time for our prospects to cook. I think he’s important to us and resigning Silf and Henrique are important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

Exactly. Rico is probably looking for the first his opportunity to get out from this team especially after that train wreck. Silver has never been a consistent scorer so if we keep him he should be on the cheap. Don’t see why Silver wouldn’t want to be on team N America Sweden. 

To be fair, it's not like he showed up against the Sharks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

Exactly. Rico is probably looking for the first his opportunity to get out from this team especially after that train wreck. Silver has never been a consistent scorer so if we keep him he should be on the cheap. Don’t see why Silver wouldn’t want to be on team N America Sweden. 

Don't be over dramatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, it's weird. Silfverberg is actually fairly paid right now but he's probably going to get an increase. Somewhere in the 4 -4.3 million range would be my guess, and we still can't afford that even if we don't sign Henrique. At least if we are content with not adding actual scoring. To me, signing Henrique only makes sense as a stop gap measure if Kesler's hip is truly that bad. Otherwise, it's just another expensive contract for an aging player.

I think either Silf or Henrique or maybe both will be deadline deals if not sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm to Calgary.

Kovalchuk to the Kings.

Pacioretty to the Sharks.

3 Pacific teams just got stronger in one day.

Wow!! Look out for the Sharks next season. Kane now Max.... Talk about a potentially great fire powered team. Does anyone think we are going to tank on purpose just to play them in the POs again?  LOL .... what? Too soon?? ... sigh. ...We would have gotten smoked by Vegas if it wasn’t the Sharks. Was just a matter of choice your poison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobD360 said:

Wow!! Look out for the Sharks next season. Kane now Max.... Talk about a potentially great fire powered team. Does anyone think we are going to tank on purpose just to play them in the POs again?  LOL .... what? Too soon?? ... sigh. ...We would have gotten smoked by Vegas if it wasn’t the Sharks. Was just a matter of choice your poison. 

Luckily the Pacioretty deal didn't happen. I'd still watch out for them with Tavares though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Don't be over dramatic. 

:mellow: :mellow:

 ... But is it being over dramatic? The Ducks just got swept in the First round and not just swept but decisively so. Then you got rumors that Kesler will not be healthy and a returning Eaves who will most likely not be close to as good as he was in his last stint with the Ducks. THEN you got Perry... no need to elaborate there. I don’t see the incentive (at all) for him to stay here. 

How would you as BM pitch to Rico staying here in Ana? Aside from offering him an over inflated contract with bad term because if he does decide to stay here that may be the deciding factor but we don’t want that do we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Luckily the Pacioretty deal didn't happen. I'd still watch out for them with Tavares though.

***wipes a sweat from eyebrow*** that would have been bad for all teams in West. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...