ZTHER

2018 Western Conference Finals

86 posts in this topic

Playoff series should have separate threads... hope it's all cool Ken

I hope this series goes 7 with tons of OT. I want the winner of this series out of gas for the SCF.

Can't tell this one.

Game results could go from 1-0 to 6-5 easily as the two best goalies of the playoffs face off against forwards with a lot of firepower on both sides.

Vegas is faster, but Jets are more talented on offense and on defense.

All I can tell is that this goes at least 6 IMO.

While I am rooting for Vegas in this one, I have to give the edge to the Jets. Simply because they are nearly as fast as the Knights but much grittier.

I think this series will hinge on which goaltender is better. It's possible that Fluery steals a game or two in this series.

Either way I am happy with the final four teams.(Still wish the Ducks were one of them but have to admit they didn't play well enough in round one) First time in a long time I will be happy for whichever remaining  team lifts the cup.

I would love to see the Jets win this one.  I think the Jets are a lot of fun and I'm still bitter about Vegas.  However, if Vegas wins, maybe it will be one more piece of evidence that our coach has to go.

Go Knights!!...Go Jets!! I feel bitter towards the Knights as well...but...their story is just too magical and can be incredibly historic and amazing that I am OK with it. But as someone posted somewhere...thank god it's not LA, Pittsburgh, Nashville, San Jose, Detroit etc...

I think the Jets are the better team.....but I also thought that both LA and San Jose would beat Vegas so I'm done predicting when Vegas gets eliminated.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, nieder said:

I think the Jets are the better team.....but I also thought that both LA and San Jose would beat Vegas so I'm done predicting when Vegas gets eliminated.

Yep, remember that time when we all thought that the Kings tanked the last game of the season  on purpose so they could face Vegas in the first round? It didn't work out. LOL

3 people like this

13 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Playoff series should have separate threads... hope it's all cool Ken

That's fine.

Good Idea.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I would love to see the Jets win this one.  I think the Jets are a lot of fun and I'm still bitter about Vegas.  However, if Vegas wins, maybe it will be one more piece of evidence that our coach has to go.

Yes, because our coach was gifted 4 second lines by Bettman and blew it! 

Oh, wait...

11 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Yes, because our coach was gifted 4 second lines by Bettman and blew it! 

Oh, wait...

Our coach was gifted 4 competent lines, including a great first line, and a much better defense than Vegas and blew it.  If you think Vegas has more talent on their roster than the Ducks, I don't know what to tell you.

1 person likes this

Winnipeg was up 3-0 and Vegas just made it 3-1 seconds later. Winnipeg looks good so far though. 

Ah yes, there's the James Neal we all know and love. I hope Byfuglien ragdolls him like the trashville scumbag he is.

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Ah yes, there's the James Neal we all know and love. I hope Byfuglien ragdolls him like the trashville scumbag he is.

Neal is dirty cheap shot artist.  Always has been, always will be.

On 5/12/2018 at 0:24 AM, gorbachav5 said:

Our coach was gifted 4 competent lines, including a great first line, and a much better defense than Vegas and blew it.  If you think Vegas has more talent on their roster than the Ducks, I don't know what to tell you.

Vegas has more evenly distributed talent, making defending the bottom groupings troublesome, including degense.  If you don't think that's how they've gotten this far, I don't know what to tell you.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Vegas has more evenly distributed talent, making defending the bottom groupings troublesome, including degense.  If you don't think that's how they've gotten this far, I don't know what to tell you.

They've gotten this far by having a coach who knows how to use the talent he's given in the most effective way possible.  I would love to have one of those.

2 people like this

What's cool about this game is that these teams are not flopping and diving trying to draw penalties.  It's high octane hockey with lots of chances and a high pace.  Vegas isn't letting Winnipeg do anything with the puck.  It's almost not fair...

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

I don't think the ducks ever play like this...

That’s unfair to say. They play high octane hockey for about 5. 3 minutes per game. To say they don’t is just not true. 

36 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

That’s unfair to say. They play high octane hockey for about 5. 3 minutes per game. To say they don’t is just not true. 

Ha Ha!!!!  especially the ".3" minutes...

They play like that when they are so far behind...

34 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Ha Ha!!!!  especially the ".3" minutes...

They play like that when they are so far behind...

B)

3 hours ago, hoxxey said:

What's cool about this game is that these teams are not flopping and diving trying to draw penalties.  It's high octane hockey with lots of chances and a high pace.  Vegas isn't letting Winnipeg do anything with the puck.  It's almost not fair...

It's wonderful hockey. The more I watch these two teams, the more I'm convinced the league would benefit from donating the entire Nashville franchise to the MLS. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's wonderful hockey. The more I watch these two teams, the more I'm convinced the league would benefit from donating the entire Nashville franchise to the MLS. 

Now THAT was clever.  Ha Ha!!!!  Do they have "magic sponges" in hockey?

I was reading the paper (LA Daily News) the archaic stone tablet print. Thursdays sports section had a big ol Karlsson photo front page. With a headline that was cheeky as all heck, something along the lines of the one that got away. That annoyed me, considering how many former Ducks have won the Cup now, some multiple times?

To be fair, they did a huge Perry photo to start the playoffs. 

Anyway, go Wild Bill. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, poum said:

I was reading the paper (LA Daily News) the archaic stone tablet print. Thursdays sports section had a big ol Karlsson photo front page. With a headline that was cheeky as all heck, something along the lines of the one that got away. That annoyed me, considering how many former Ducks have won the Cup now, some multiple times?

To be fair, they did a huge Perry photo to start the playoffs. 

Anyway, go Wild Bill. 

Bob’s Big Blunder, but CBJ slotted him out as a third liner too,....

Both Maurice and Gallant are great coaches.  Gallant has to win the Jack Adams.

@gorbachav5

Edited by Fowl
2 people like this