The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duck123

Sam Steel's Outdoor Practice Rink:

I know some may feel this may belong in some other section.  But, news is slow this time of year, so thought it would be fun to put in the main section.  Did you all know that Sam Steel's family has a pretty awesome outdoor rink, even with heated dressing rooms?  I'm hoping Sam makes the team this upcoming season so, if for nothing else, the Ducks can practice on his family's awesome outdoor rink when they play the Oilers this next season--if they want a nice break to get away from it all.  (Rink is in Edmonton.)   Speaking of Sam, think he will make the team this upcoming season?  Or think Troy Terry or even Max Jones has a better chance?  Check out Sam's cool rink: 

That is such an awesome set-up. I want my own but stupid California weather won't accommodate me! That said, I really doubt that Steel is on the Ducks next season. Getzlaf, Kesler and Henrique will the centers and I'd rather have Steel logging more minutes and developing in San Diego than be in hockey purgatory aka Randy Carlyle's 4th line and playing 7 minutes a game. Unless Steel just drops jaws during training camp/preseason then he's going to be in San Diego. Jones and Terry have better shots of making the team because of their positions and it's just easier for one of them to potentially supplant Ritchie on the 3rd line. 

21 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That is such an awesome set-up. I want my own but stupid California weather won't accommodate me! That said, I really doubt that Steel is on the Ducks next season. Getzlaf, Kesler and Henrique will the centers and I'd rather have Steel logging more minutes and developing in San Diego than be in hockey purgatory aka Randy Carlyle's 4th line and playing 7 minutes a game. Unless Steel just drops jaws during training camp/preseason then he's going to be in San Diego. Jones and Terry have better shots of making the team because of their positions and it's just easier for one of them to potentially supplant Ritchie on the 3rd line. 

I rather have that too...Steels Outdoor Rink is pretty cool if you ask me.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck