The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
nieder

2018 Stanley Cup Final

2 minutes ago, Fowl said:

If DSP showed that kind of hustle in Anaheim, they’d never got rid of him.  He was a floater much of his time in Anaheim.

excellent effort putting it in the net.

Nah. He led the team in playoff goals in 2014 (clutch ones too) and the team gave up on him for a player who didn't fit the system at all and completely no-showed when it mattered. It was like pointlessly trading Maroon to Edmonton before the playoffs a year later.

• Like 2

He should have wrapped that but instead took too long and strolled around behind net. Bad percentage shot results. 

I wonder if they'll boo Buttman in Vegas. It would almost be as dumb as Nashville booing him last season after he bent over backwards to keep them from moving to Hamilton in 2007.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrSykora said:

I wonder if they'll boo Buttman in Vegas. It would almost be as dumb as Nashville booing him last season after he bent over backwards to keep them from moving to Hamilton in 2007.

Lose-lose situation. If they don’t boo then they look Mickey Mouse to all the other teams because their new fans don’t know NHL tradition. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 3

shinnannigans with the clock. Lets just muddy the waters..

Reminds me when the the Queen's time keeper used to screw with the clock to give the queens more time to tie the game.

Edited by Shadowduck

The nightmare is finally over; thank you Caps! What a horrible season overall. At least I have no problem with the Cup winner, and Ovechkin deserves one.

• Like 2

lol there’s gonna be some massively disappointed bettors who threw money on Vegas just for fun when the odds were somewhere between 200-500 to 1. So close to a big payday. No cigar.

• Like 1

Just now, Myuyum said:

Well done Caps )

Yep, I'm Glad Ovi has finally won a Cup. 

The two teams in the East I always root for have been Tampa ans the Caps. So I was guaranteed one of them would go to the final.

Third straight year the Cups has been won by a Metro division team.

• Like 2

My goodness over half the arena is red. Guess those Vegas fans cashed in when they knew it was over after game 4. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Nice to see LA's clock guy has a new job

That's an excellent post to end the season.  Cheers!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Meh, I wouldn't have given Ovi the Conn Smythe

Kuznetsov probably deserved it but the PR benefit for the NHL is much greater with Ovi winning. I could have seen Fluery winning it too. He had a phenomenal run.

• Like 1

Wackiest season in NHL history ends with Barry Trotz holding a trophy that's bigger than him over his head. It's a fitting image. 

• Like 3

Ovechkin was the leading goal scorer in the playoffs and he was a beast, especially in the early rounds. It seemed like he put the team on his back the first few rounds when the Caps were in danger of going out again. All that plus the PR stuff and the career he’s had, screw it. Give him the Conn Smythe.

• Like 4