The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
nieder

2018 Stanley Cup Final

4 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Ovechkin was the leading goal scorer in the playoffs and he was a beast, especially in the early rounds. It seemed like he put the team on his back the first few rounds when the Caps were in danger of going out again. All that plus the PR stuff and the career he’s had, screw it. Give him the Conn Smythe.

Yep. Ovi was clearly the straw that stirred the dirk for the Caps. Hard to believe he nearly skipped the season to go play in the Olympics.

Edited by Shadowduck

Just now, Shadowduck said:

I bet Shattenkirk is kicking himself about now. LOL

Trotz wasn’t a big fan of Shattenkirk.....Shattenkirk was smart to move on.

1 minute ago, PetrSykora said:

Sportsnet cuts away from the celebration to show an interview with CONNOR MCDAVID hahaha this network is too damn much

Typical. LOL

I like to talk trash about the Caps here every chance I get but I gotta give credit where it's due. Washington trailed in every series AND they had to clinch all four on the road. They faced a ton of adversity too (goaltending controversy and Trotz firing rumors before dropping their first 2 at home against Columbus, losing Backstrom against Pittsburgh, almost choking away a 2-0 lead against Tampa, etc.) and still managed to bounce back each time with composure. Simply a terrific run for a franchise and fanbase that has suffered more than maybe any other in hockey. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spencer_12 said:

Ovechkin was the leading goal scorer in the playoffs and he was a beast, especially in the early rounds. It seemed like he put the team on his back the first few rounds when the Caps were in danger of going out again. All that plus the PR stuff and the career he’s had, screw it. Give him the Conn Smythe.

Glad Ovi got his cup. 

Remember when a poster proposed trading Perry for Ovi? LOL 

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Trotz wasn’t a big fan of Shattenkirk.....Shattenkirk was smart to move on.

It’s probably the other way around then? Barry and GM smart for not pursuing him. The Caps played like a team. Caps may never have gone as far with him on the team

Devante Smith-Pelly is a Cup Champion! So happy for the guy. To think of how we passed on him after so many years...and there he is. Congratulations!

OVI MVP too! Good Job! Happy Stanley Cup to you, Washington! It was long due!

• Like 1

Well It's Offical Congrats to Washington Captials on Winning their First ever Stanley Cup. Congrats also go out to Ovechkin,TJ Oshie,Holtby,Backstorm,DSP and others on Contributing to this Win...You earn it all. Caps should be enjoy it cause the Ducks will be ready to STRIKE and take BACK what is theirs. Also Can't wait for NHL Draft.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'm not on the AO bandwagon to celebrate his winning the stanley cup.  He is buddy buddy with putin.  Not a good thing.

I'm just glad it's over with.

2 hours ago, hoxxey said:

I'm not on the AO bandwagon to celebrate his winning the stanley cup.  He is buddy buddy with putin.  Not a good thing.

Yeah...I don't think you have to worry about Ovechkin being instrumental in the overthrowing of democracy in America...

I've been a big fan of Ovi since his rookie season. Always loved his passion and liked him so much more than Crosby. I've never seen someone so happy to get the cup...it's such a great thing to see! :) 

On 6/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, Shadowduck said:

Kuznetsov probably deserved it but the PR benefit for the NHL is much greater with Ovi winning. I could have seen Fluery winning it too. He had a phenomenal run.

Those were my three as well. Though Fleury would be a distant third after all was said and done. Ovi certainly makes a good case for himself but I can't help feel that perhaps Kuznetsov got a wee bit robbed. Anyway, congratulations to the Washington and Ovie.

The Great 8 is still Selanne.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, hoxxey said:

How lame is that reason?  It's like bagging you for being from the same place as Obama or Trump.  Ovechkin has been an excellent representative of the NHL and a well-respected member of the community.  The fact he is from Russia is totally irrelevant.

• Like 3

Anyone see Ovi celebrating he is having a HECK of a time celebrating with the Stanley Cup...along with his teammates I mean literally.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

9 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Anyone see Ovi celebrating he is having a HECK of a time celebrating with the Stanley Cup...along with his teammates I mean literally.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I've never really followed so closely someone celebrating with the cup! I've also never seen someone so happy about winning it and having so much fun with it!...part of that is instagram. But man it is weird looking through my instagram stories and sometimes a story is inserted there of what Ovechkin is doing with his teammates/cup between my friends' stories lol...he's been a great follow so far!

On 09/06/2018 at 2:26 AM, poum said:

Those were my three as well. Though Fleury would be a distant third after all was said and done. Ovi certainly makes a good case for himself but I can't help feel that perhaps Kuznetsov got a wee bit robbed. Anyway, congratulations to the Washington and Ovie.

The Great 8 is still Selanne.

Selanne was winning Rocket Richard trophies (in arguably the toughest era to score goals in no less) before Rocket Richard trophies were even a thing

• Like 2

History will rate Ovechkin higher than Selanne.  Both being very talented.  Ovechkin has a unique skill set.

42 minutes ago, Fowl said:

History will rate Ovechkin higher than Selanne.  Both being very talented.  Ovechkin has a unique skill set.

But also one cannot forget Selanne's Mark in the NHL...76 Goals as a rookie and Stanley Cup Champion along with multi-time Olympic Medalist.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

But also one cannot forget Selanne's Mark in the NHL...76 Goals as a rookie and Stanley Cup Champion along with multi-time Olympic Medalist.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

No doubt in my mind Selanne is Top 25 all time.  I see Ovechkin a bit higher than that.

11 hours ago, Fowl said:

No doubt in my mind Selanne is Top 25 all time.  I see Ovechkin a bit higher than that.

All of us have our own Heros and me it's always The Ducks...But having Selanne and Ovi on one line would be cool.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, Fowl said:

Absolutely! Selanne is without a doubt one of the greatest players of all-time. No one is going to debate that.

Ovechkin though...I mean, he's right now 5th all-time in goals per game, ahead of Gretzky. Obviously 4 others are ALSO ahead of Gretzky, but I do think Ovi is going to become the greatest goal scorer all-time. I know it's been debated on here already...but if he can play 8 more seasons...till he's 41...NOT IMPOSSIBLE...he just needs to average 35/season. And now that he's won the cup, he should just never be in the post season again so he can rest over the summer to come back hard and score more regular season goals! lol

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, PetrSykora said:

Holy crap DSP is a monster in the playoffs. But hey, Sekac is too right? (in the KHL at least <_<)

Well, I'm sure Sekac spent his day with the Gagarin Cup doing stuff like this too, no?

matthias osborne @MatthiasOsborne
Big shout out to devante smith pelly @smithpelly23 and the Washington capitals @Capitals for coming to SickKids hospital. Lots of happy patients and families here today

Dj7gTImU8AAhC6M.jpg
  • Like 3

On 8/7/2018 at 10:21 PM, dtsdlaw said:

Well, I'm sure Sekac spent his day with the Gagarin Cup doing stuff like this too, no?

matthias osborne @MatthiasOsborne

Big shout out to devante smith pelly @smithpelly23 and the Washington capitals @Capitals for coming to SickKids hospital. Lots of happy patients and families here today

Dj7gTImU8AAhC6M.jpg

So happy this guy got a cup!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 6:48 PM, Fowl said:

So did Teemu - speed, skill and a terrific release ! IMHO

On 6/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, Jasoaks said:

Absolutely! Selanne is without a doubt one of the greatest players of all-time. No one is going to debate that.

Ovechkin though...I mean, he's right now 5th all-time in goals per game, ahead of Gretzky. Obviously 4 others are ALSO ahead of Gretzky, but I do think Ovi is going to become the greatest goal scorer all-time. I know it's been debated on here already...but if he can play 8 more seasons...till he's 41...NOT IMPOSSIBLE...he just needs to average 35/season. And now that he's won the cup, he should just never be in the post season again so he can rest over the summer to come back hard and score more regular season goals! lol

AGREE but he HAS to avoid injuries and keep his MOTIVATION UP.  Between 39 -41 will be very tough - not impossible but DIFFICULT !! The key will be his off season conditioning ( without the VODKA ) :P

On 8/14/2018 at 9:54 PM, DUCKSDOC said:

So did Teemu - speed, skill and a terrific release ! IMHO

Teemu is the Best....always dream of him on same line with Paul Kariya and Mario.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck