The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

Morand Signs ELC

C Antoine Morand, from the Memorial Cup winning Titan d'Acadie-Bathurst, has signed his Entry Level contract with the Anaheim #Ducks

ANA 2017 2nd RD pick (60th overall)
3 year ELC / $775,833 cap hit

2018-19: $742,500
2019-20: $792,500
2020-21: $792,500

On 5/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

C Antoine Morand, from the Memorial Cup winning Titan d'Acadie-Bathurst, has signed his Entry Level contract with the Anaheim #Ducks

ANA 2017 2nd RD pick (60th overall)
3 year ELC / $775,833 cap hit

2018-19: $742,500
2019-20: $792,500
2020-21: $792,500

Another he is now a Moosehead.... making him 2nd Ducks Prospect to be traded to my Town's Junior team...http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/mooseheads-trade-for-pair-of-memorial-cup-champions

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Antoine Morand is officially an Anaheim Duck now. So glad he signed quickly. Morand looks like a promising player that could round out our top 9.

The only thing I worry about Morand is his size. At 5'10 180, he is not big enough to be a bottom 9 checking center. He is going to be a boom or bust top 6 prospect.

1 hour ago, BlazingEtem said:

The only thing I worry about Morand is his size. At 5'10 180, he is not big enough to be a bottom 9 checking center. He is going to be a boom or bust top 6 prospect.

True, and you could say the same thing about Sam Steel. He's also undersized at 5'11/185 lbs. It's interesting our two best center prospects are sub 6'0, at a position where size does matter more and yet Murray has drafted bigger power forward types like Ritchie and Jones where size matters less. I really hope that he doesn't take 6'5 winger Serron Noel in the draft lol.

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, BlazingEtem said:

Who says you need a checking center in your bottom 6? BTW we have a Getzlaf and a Kesler. When the time comes for Steel & Morand to play with the big boys full time (probably a few years from now) I can see Kesler in a checking role. Let one of the young guys center the 2nd line.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:57 PM, BlazingEtem said:

There have been some Ducks at 5'10 who has done well for our team over the Years.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

There have been some Ducks at 5'10 who has done well for our team over the Years.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

That’s true, but size generally does matters more while playing center than it does on the wing so it is a concern. You’re right with guys like Paul Kariya and Andy McDonald as notable exceptions from the Ducks, however Kariya was a franchise altering, top-5 pick and HOF talent (something that Morand and Steel are nowhere close to being projected as) and McDonald who was the rare undrafted diamond in the rough that became a solid 2C. If one of them turns into a modern day Andy Mac then that will be great. I just don’t want there to be unrealistic expectations on either of them, especially Steel.

On 6/14/2018 at 4:46 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That’s true, but size generally does matters more while playing center than it does on the wing so it is a concern. You’re right with guys like Paul Kariya and Andy McDonald as notable exceptions from the Ducks, however Kariya was a franchise altering, top-5 pick and HOF talent (something that Morand and Steel are nowhere close to being projected as) and McDonald who was the rare undrafted diamond in the rough that became a solid 2C. If one of them turns into a modern day Andy Mac then that will be great. I just don’t want there to be unrealistic expectations on either of them, especially Steel.

I understand your view but always be optimistic too.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck