The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BombaysTripleDeke

2018 NHL Draft

1 minute ago, wataduk said:

So when did Canada stop making elite young hockey players? :D

wait, is this the first time a canadian hasn't been picked in the first 3 selections???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

wait, is this the first time a canadian hasn't been picked in the first 3 selections???

Not sure but they certainly have not dominated like they once did, that's for sure.

Edited by wataduk
  • Like 1

Damn, was hoping to see Brady Tkachuk go to a Western team (Arizona).
Would have loved to have seen some Tkachuk on Tkachuk action 5 times a year.

Edited by wataduk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DucksProg said:

First two rounds of playoffs are not separated as far as draft seeding goes, higher point total goes later. Next are Conf finals losers, Finals loser, Champion. Previous seasons have no implication.

It IS stupid, but that's how it is anyway.

Makes zero sense to me. Sharks demolished Anaheim in the first round yet they get a higher pick. Stupid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, poum said:

I liked Bettmans response. "Shut it, you can boo me all you want later."

He does play the role of villian well.

I've always found the booing stupid anyway. It's not like he's the one making the real decisions. He just represents all of the owners. If Bettman were gone it would just be another puppet for the owners.

7 minutes ago, nieder said:

I've always found the booing stupid anyway. It's not like he's the one making the real decisions. He just represents all of the owners. If Bettman were gone it would just be another puppet for the owners.

It made sense the first time since it was the Devils fans who started the tradition and they spent that 1995 championship season listening to him talk about relocating the team to Trashville. From there it took on a life of its own though. No idea why he gets booed in half of the cities he visits these days but it's pretty funny to see him embrace it now. 

• Like 1

Just now, PetrSykora said:

It made sense the first time since it was the Devils fans who started the tradition and they spent that 1995 championship season listening to him talk about relocating the team to Trashville. From there it took on a life of its own though. No idea why he gets booed in half of the cities he visits these days but it's pretty funny to see him embrace it now. 

He gets cheered in Winnipeg...of course lol

I actually don't really mind the booing...considering how he handles it. But it particularly annoyed me hearing it in Vegas! Its like...come on guys..."HE" JUST GAVE YOU A FRANCHISE AND BASICALLY "HE'S" THE REASON YOU ARE AS GOOD AS YOU ARE

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, wataduk said:

That trade kinda sucks for Bernier. I thought he did a pretty good job of playing backup to Varly this season in COL.

Bernier is a free agent. He can sign anywhere he wants. Not sure how that move affects him.

Edited by BlazingEtem

1 minute ago, BlazingEtem said:

Bernier is a free agent. He can sign anywhere he wants. Not sure how that move affects him.

Chances are he's probably confused as to why the Avs would trade for Grubauer...just like when we traded Freddie to Toronto and Freddie got signed to a 5 year contract... "I don't understand why they would do that since I am the starter..." (no sarcasm in his statement...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Chances are he's probably confused as to why the Avs would trade for Grubauer...just like when we traded Freddie to Toronto and Freddie got signed to a 5 year contract... "I don't understand why they would do that since I am the starter..." (no sarcasm in his statement...)

Not sure I follow. Varlamov is better than Bernier and it's not even close. Last year, Bernier had a .913 SV% and 2.85GAA last season. Varlamov had a 2.68SV% and .920SV %. Bernier only got a lot of game time because Varlamov had injury problems last year. 

Like I said, this move has no affect on Bernier. He is a free agent so he owes nothing to the Avs, and the Avs, don't owe him anything either. I think he would rather try and stick it somewhere else where he has a chance of getting more game time.

Edited by BlazingEtem

5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Really like the Isles picks. Team is gonna be nasty in the future

Agreed. No idea how Dobson fell outside the top 10.

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Really like the Isles picks. Team is gonna be nasty in the future

Friendly reminder that the Oilers gifted them the draft pick that the Islanders turned into Mathew Barzal.

That team has always been on the bubble since Tavares pulled them out of the sunken place. I almost hope he stays so they can finally turn into a contender sometime in the near future. 

• Like 2

Nice to see NHL Second Team All-Star Seth Jones making the pick for Columbus. I love his game and I still can't believe the mustard tigers decided he was the odd man out on their backend. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Not sure I follow. Varlamov is better than Bernier and it's not even close. Last year, Bernier had a .913 SV% and 2.85GAA last season. Varlamov had a 2.68SV% and .920SV %. Bernier only got a lot of game time because Varlamov had injury problems last year. 

Like I said, this move has no affect on Bernier. He is a free agent so he owes nothing to the Avs, and the Avs, don't owe him anything either. I think he would rather try and stick it somewhere else where he has a chance of getting more game time.

Calgary and Arizona are always looking for better goaltending. Vancouver too.

59 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

oh I was just making a joke that he seems to always be confused. like when Freddie got traded to Toronto he was genuinely confused as to why they would do that -- and sign him to such a big deal -- when he, himself, is on the team. Like, the rest of the hockey world knew this meant he was going to be traded...but for some reason that was completely lost on Bernier.

Like I imagine him seeing that trade and going "huh...wait...I don't get it...when I sign with them there will be 3 pretty good goalies then..."

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spencer_12 said:

Sharks took the highly talented kid with a bad work ethic/attitude. I hope he busts.

Announcers just said what I was about to say: He was surrounded by better players. He'll need to continue to be surrounded by talented players.

Either Rangers were afraid Ducks were going to take their guy, or they didn’t think he’d make it to 26. Hopefully it’s the latter and the Ducks still get their guy.

9 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Sharks took the highly talented kid with a bad work ethic/attitude. I hope he busts.

Sounds like he'll fit right in with the rest of the team...

• Like 3