The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BombaysTripleDeke

2018 NHL Draft

Just now, wataduk said:

Hmmmmm Isac didn't look too happy there.

He's not looking forward to the inevitable locker room confrontation with Hampus for stealing his haircut

• Like 3

That 25 looks stupid. And it's not Pronger #25 so it's annoying me just ever so slightly more.

• Like 3

Just now, poum said:

That 25 looks stupid. And it's not Pronger #25 so it's annoying me just ever so slightly more.

Weren't we supposed to be going to orange jerseys this year? I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

We’re gonna to be the Swedish National team soon. 

As long as the Swedish volleyball team is part of the package ha ha 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

We’re gonna to be the Swedish National team soon. 

I think it's time we all start learning Swedish. I've watched enough of the Swedish Chef on the Muppets that I think I can string a few sentences together.

• Like 5

Something must have come up with Joseph Veleno he's probably fallen 10-15 spots already

• Like 1

Just now, Thom-74 said:

Some mock drafts had him four or five picks earlier.

It's a craps shoot... I have no problem with the pick but thought it would be Veleno,  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poum said:

I think it's time we all start learning Swedish. I've watched enough of the Swedish Chef on the Muppets that I think I can string a few sentences together.

It's all fun and games saying bork bork bork until you unwittingly say it into a haunted mirror one day and summon the spirit of Rene The Pylon

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Hmmmmm Isac didn't look too happy there.

"I was really emotional when I heard my name," Lundestrom said. "Huge honor to be a part of the Anaheim Ducks organization. A lot of good Swedish players there. I've also heard good things about Anaheim."

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-select-lundestrom-with-23rd-overall-pick-in-2018-nhl-draft/c-299192736

• Like 6

Just now, Spencer_12 said:

"I was really emotional when I heard my name," Lundestrom said. "Huge honor to be a part of the Anaheim Ducks organization. A lot of good Swedish players there. I've also heard good things about Anaheim."

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-select-lundestrom-with-23rd-overall-pick-in-2018-nhl-draft/c-299192736

Maybe he can talk to Dahlin and have him pull a Lindros sign with us 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Anaheim Ducks Isac Lundestrom...Good Pick yet let's not be surprise Ducks drafted a Swede:t_hot_unread::D.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's all fun and games saying bork bork bork until you unwittingly say it into a haunted mirror one day and summon the spirit of Rene The Pylon

Uh oh... :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Prospect camp right around the corner.

Edited by wataduk

1 hour ago, BestOfTheWest said:

Weren't we supposed to be going to orange jerseys this year? I'm confused.

They're supposed to release a 3rd jersey. I'm guessing it will be orange.

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

It made sense the first time since it was the Devils fans who started the tradition and they spent that 1995 championship season listening to him talk about relocating the team to Trashville. From there it took on a life of its own though. No idea why he gets booed in half of the cities he visits these days but it's pretty funny to see him embrace it now. 

Speaking of this...I've noticed a lot more franchises shouting something during the national anthem. I really can't recall any team doing it before we were doing it with Dawn...did we start that trend? (I had no idea the booing started in New Jersey so I thought maybe you'd know other origins of fans shouting things lol)

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Speaking of this...I've noticed a lot more franchises shouting something during the national anthem. I really can't recall any team doing it before we were doing it with Dawn...did we start that trend? (I had no idea the booing started in New Jersey so I thought maybe you'd know other origins of fans shouting things lol)

I can tell you that Dallas fans were saying 'stars' at least back to Modano and Hatcher's day.

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

They're supposed to release a 3rd jersey. I'm guessing it will be orange.

The third jersey last year was orange, with the "mighty ducks mask" on the front. Rumor was that jersey was going to be the new home jersey for the upcoming season.

6 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Isac Lundestrom is a pretty fantastic hockey name. That's about all I can contribute to this discussion :P

He's also a love child of Lindholm and TJ Oshie :D

14 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I don’t know how the NHL is going to grow the game when they put the draft on pay channels. 

I think they are showing rounds 2-7 on nhl.com.

Edited by perry_mvp