Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BombaysTripleDeke

2018 NHL Draft

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

I can tell you that Dallas fans were saying 'stars' at least back to Modano and Hatcher's day.

Did it go back that far?  I thought it started when they hired Celena Rae to do the national anthem.  I know it's been a long time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DuckFanDFW said:

Did it go back that far?  I thought it started when they hired Celena Rae to do the national anthem.  I know it's been a long time though.

It goes back very far.  Calgary with the C, Winnipeg with True North.  It precedes hockey, even.  I have a friend who does a lot of anthems around the country, and he always asks what they do so he isn't startled.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

It goes back very far.  Calgary with the C, Winnipeg with True North.  It precedes hockey, even.  I have a friend who does a lot of anthems around the country, and he always asks what they do so he isn't startled.  

I was referring to Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

They're supposed to release a 3rd jersey. I'm guessing it will be orange.

Word on the street is that it will be black with orange trim and the original mighty ducks crest in the center

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Ducks pick Benoit Olivier-Groulx.

Like the pick, another C with first round grade (ranked No. 20 in NA)
 

GROULX RANKED FIFTH ON THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS WITH 28-27—55 IN 68 GP DURING THE 2017-18 REGULAR SEASON AND ADDED 2-6—8 IN NINE POSTSEASON APPEARANCES. 

•    HE COLLECTED 17-14—31 IN 62 REGULAR-SEASON GAMES DURING HIS ROOKIE SEASON OF 2016-17 AFTER BEING SELECTED FIRST OVERALL BY THE MOOSEHEADS IN THE 2016 QMJHL ENTRY DRAFT. HIS 17 GOALS RANKED SECOND AMONG HALIFAX ROOKIES, BEHIND NICO HISCHIER (38). 

•    INTERNATIONALLY, GROULX CAPTURED A GOLD MEDAL WITH TEAM CANADA AT THE 2017 IVAN HLINKA MEMORIAL (2-1—3 IN 5 GP) AND WAS A MEMBER OF CANADA RED AT THE 2016 WORLD UNDER-17 HOCKEY CHALLENGE (1-1—2 IN 5 GP). 

•    GROULX WAS BORN IN ROUEN, FRANCE, WHERE HIS FATHER, BENOIT GROULX, PLAYED PART OF HIS 11-SEASON PRO HOCKEY CAREER WITH STOPS IN BELGIUM AND FRANCE. HIS FATHER CURRENTLY SERVES AS HEAD COACH OF THE AHL’S SYRACUSE CRUNCH. 

•    MODELS HIS STYLE OF PLAY AFTER STARS FORWARD JAMIE BENN. 

per nhl.com

Halifax will be hosting the next Memorial Cup and Morand will be his teammate.

Edited by DucksProg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DucksProg said:

Like the pick, another C.
 

GROULX RANKED FIFTH ON THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS WITH 28-27—55 IN 68 GP DURING THE 2017-18 REGULAR SEASON AND ADDED 2-6—8 IN NINE POSTSEASON APPEARANCES. 

•    HE COLLECTED 17-14—31 IN 62 REGULAR-SEASON GAMES DURING HIS ROOKIE SEASON OF 2016-17 AFTER BEING SELECTED FIRST OVERALL BY THE MOOSEHEADS IN THE 2016 QMJHL ENTRY DRAFT. HIS 17 GOALS RANKED SECOND AMONG HALIFAX ROOKIES, BEHIND NICO HISCHIER (38). 

•    INTERNATIONALLY, GROULX CAPTURED A GOLD MEDAL WITH TEAM CANADA AT THE 2017 IVAN HLINKA MEMORIAL (2-1—3 IN 5 GP) AND WAS A MEMBER OF CANADA RED AT THE 2016 WORLD UNDER-17 HOCKEY CHALLENGE (1-1—2 IN 5 GP). 

•    GROULX WAS BORN IN ROUEN, FRANCE, WHERE HIS FATHER, BENOIT GROULX, PLAYED PART OF HIS 11-SEASON PRO HOCKEY CAREER WITH STOPS IN BELGIUM AND FRANCE. HIS FATHER CURRENTLY SERVES AS HEAD COACH OF THE AHL’S SYRACUSE CRUNCH. 

•    MODELS HIS STYLE OF PLAY AFTER STARS FORWARD JAMIE BENN. 

per nhl.com

Halifax will be hosting the next Memorial Cup and Morand will be his teammate.

He had 100 PIM this season though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

Like the pick, another C with first round grade (ranked No. 20 in NA)
 

GROULX RANKED FIFTH ON THE HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS WITH 28-27—55 IN 68 GP DURING THE 2017-18 REGULAR SEASON AND ADDED 2-6—8 IN NINE POSTSEASON APPEARANCES. 

•    HE COLLECTED 17-14—31 IN 62 REGULAR-SEASON GAMES DURING HIS ROOKIE SEASON OF 2016-17 AFTER BEING SELECTED FIRST OVERALL BY THE MOOSEHEADS IN THE 2016 QMJHL ENTRY DRAFT. HIS 17 GOALS RANKED SECOND AMONG HALIFAX ROOKIES, BEHIND NICO HISCHIER (38). 

•    INTERNATIONALLY, GROULX CAPTURED A GOLD MEDAL WITH TEAM CANADA AT THE 2017 IVAN HLINKA MEMORIAL (2-1—3 IN 5 GP) AND WAS A MEMBER OF CANADA RED AT THE 2016 WORLD UNDER-17 HOCKEY CHALLENGE (1-1—2 IN 5 GP). 

•    GROULX WAS BORN IN ROUEN, FRANCE, WHERE HIS FATHER, BENOIT GROULX, PLAYED PART OF HIS 11-SEASON PRO HOCKEY CAREER WITH STOPS IN BELGIUM AND FRANCE. HIS FATHER CURRENTLY SERVES AS HEAD COACH OF THE AHL’S SYRACUSE CRUNCH. 

•    MODELS HIS STYLE OF PLAY AFTER STARS FORWARD JAMIE BENN. 

per nhl.com

Halifax will be hosting the next Memorial Cup and Morand will be his teammate.

Wasn’t he projected to go in the first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

He had 100 PIM this season though. 

 

4 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Wasn’t he projected to go in the first?

Yes he was, a late pick. The PIMs may be the knock on him and the reason he was picked just now. Also probably makes him a faster sandpaper guy in a modern Carlyle-Murray kind of way...

Edited by DucksProg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I think they are showing rounds 2-7 on nhl.com.

Yes, which isn't part of my Spectrum basic + Tier I package. I would have to pay for Tier II. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Yes, which isn't part of my Spectrum basic + Tier I package. I would have to pay for Tier II. 

I'm watching it on my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

 

Yes he was, a late pick. The PIMs may be the knock on him and the reason he was picked just now. Also probably makes him a faster sandpaper guy in a modern Carlyle-Murray kind of way...

He’ll fit right in with the PIM’s discipline will come with good coaching and experience. Seems to be a very good pick 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DuckFanDFW said:

I was referring to Dallas.

Yes.  My friend lives in Dallas so does that area the most.  He wrote an article for Playboy in the late 90s on singing the anthem and it included the STARS shout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=111271

USA.png
BLAKE MCLAUGHLIN
North American Skater - CHICAGO, USHL
FINAL RANK: 24 MIDTERM RANK: 25
POSITION: Left Wing SHOOTS: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 157
BORN: February 14, 2000    
BORN IN: Grand Rapids, MN, USA

I like our picks so far. Quick, skilled winger after two modern type centers.

He also seems to carry a higher draft grade compared to his spot where he was taken. No 24 in NA is about a top half second rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Looks like Anaheim is picking up the rest of the top 31 North American skaters.

Irony? Good thing? Bad thing?

I like it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick up a goalie.

CZE.png
LUKAS DOSTAL
European Goalie - TREBIC, CZREP-2
FINAL RANK: 1 MIDTERM RANK: 3
POSITION: Goalie CATCHES: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 1" WEIGHT: 166
BORN: June 22, 2000    
BORN IN: Brno, CZE
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DucksProg said:

Irony? Good thing? Bad thing?

I like it so far.

I hope it's a good thing. Other teams passing on those guys seems a little strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, perry_mvp said:

I hope it's a good thing. Other teams passing on those guys seems a little strange.

Agree.
I admit it's kind of rare for the Ducks to fall in line with the NHL draft board so much, but maybe it's a good thing. Drafting defense following their own off-board have worked, but not so much with forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I hope it's a good thing. Other teams passing on those guys seems a little strange.

They keep saying after the top picks, it's a basically a crap shoot. Anaheim likes a specific type of player. McLaughlin is a guy that likes to take it to the net. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Ducks thus far:

2 Centers

1 LW

1 Goalie

This tells me BM is happy with his up and coming D.

He should be, pipeline needed replenishing up front - especially down the middle - and in goal.

Picking up the No1 rated international goalie and having Eriksson Ek should give them comfort for the future in goal.

I like the make up of the future Ducks forward corpse way more as well.

Defense should be set for a while with Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Montour and Larsson all in the right age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

He should be, pipeline needed replenishing up front - especially down the middle - and in goal.

Picking up the No1 rated international goalie and having Eriksson Ek should give them comfort for the future in goal.

I like the make up of the future Ducks forward corpse way more as well.

Defense should be set for a while with Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Montour and Larsson all in the right age.

We still have Welinski, Mahura Pettersson as well on the back end. We desperately needed to stock the forward cabinet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dukitup said:

The third jersey last year was orange, with the "mighty ducks mask" on the front. Rumor was that jersey was going to be the new home jersey for the upcoming season.

Yeah I remember two season ago when we were playing Edmonton, Bob Murray was quoted in an article about Henry loving the orange and us going to a new jersey for the 18-19 season. Then icethetics put out a rumor that it'd be a black third with the original logo. Disappointed we didn't debut it at the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JACKSON PERBIX
North American Skater - ELK RIVER, HIGH-MN
FINAL RANK: 96 MIDTERM RANK: 83
POSITION: Right Wing SHOOTS: Right
HEIGHT: 6' 1" WEIGHT: 176
BORN: September 13, 2000    
BORN IN: ELk River, MN, USA
DRAFTED: 2018: ANA (4th Round / 116th Overall) 

• HIS BROTHER, NICKLAUS, WAS DRAFTED 169TH OVERALL BY THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING IN 2017 AND IS EXPECTED TO PLAY FOR ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY IN 2018-19. 
 

STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A P PIM
2017-2018 ELK RIVER HIGH-MN 25 19 42 61 31
2017-2018 GREEN BAY USHL 17 1 3 4 6
2017-2018 TEAM NORTH WEST UMWHSEL 17 8 20 28 41
2016-2017 ELK RIVER HIGH-MN 25 15 20 35 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

He should be, pipeline needed replenishing up front - especially down the middle - and in goal.

Picking up the No1 rated international goalie and having Eriksson Ek should give them comfort for the future in goal.

I like the make up of the future Ducks forward corpse way more as well.

Defense should be set for a while with Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Montour and Larsson all in the right age.

I think that one of those defensemen is going to eventually be traded, especially if Larsson and/or Mahura pan out. The Ducks don't have room on the blueline and would be better served trying to flip their defense for some much needed offense. 

Also, the Ducks seemed to quietly fire assistant coach Steve Konowalchuk last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...