Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think we’re a much better team going into this season than last, but still need 

Milano 

Terry

Steel 

Heinen 

Comtois 

Jones

to step up, I think if 3-4 of these guys can toss a step, I like the team a whole lot more, lot bets to hedge though 

I'd add our entire D into that list, too. And our assistants....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I'd add our entire D into that list, too. And our assistants....

I think the only big ? Is Manson. If he can return to form, Lindholm and Fowler are pretty steady. That’s huge. Having Shattenkirk, Manson, Fowler, Lindholm is a decent Top 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think the only big ? Is Manson. If he can return to form, Lindholm and Fowler are pretty steady. That’s huge. Having Shattenkirk, Manson, Fowler, Lindholm is a decent Top 4

Manson is the x-factor, true. I really wish I knew what happened to him...it was so sudden. like *snap* suddenly not very good. If Manson returns to from, really, we'd be looking at a very strong D. Not just passable. But strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think we’re a much better team going into this season than last, but still need 

Milano 

Terry

Steel 

Heinen 

Comtois 

Jones

to step up, I think if 3-4 of these guys can toss a step, I like the team a whole lot more, lot bets to hedge though 

Yeah, I agree. Same situation as last season and going forward that those guys are will determine where the Ducks end up. I expect some improvement overall just not enough to make us a playoff threat. Unless we get god mode Gibson.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Manson is the x-factor, true. I really wish I knew what happened to him...it was so sudden. like *snap* suddenly not very good. If Manson returns to from, really, we'd be looking at a very strong D. Not just passable. But strong.

Maybe Murray wants him to recoup some value before shopping him? If Manson returns to form then we can get a better return. If that’s the case. Shattenkirk is signed for a year after Manson’s deal is up and by then we hope Drysdale is in the NHL as well. It’s a short term band aid for a need that Murray has been obsessed with filling.

With TSN saying that the Ducks are listening to offers on him and Henrique might be on the block, who knows what barstool Bob is gonna do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certainly not opposed to trading Henrique, but I don't see that we absolutely need to.  Either he or Steel can move to a wing if we feel like we need to make room for Zegras.  I actually like Henrique a lot better on the wing and he provides a veteran presence for Zegras (assuming Zegras makes the NHL team this year).

I haven't put much thought into this, but:

  1. Milano - Getzlaf - Rakell
  2. Henrique - Zegras - Silfverberg
  3. Jones/Comtois - Steel - Heinen
  4. Jones/Comtois - Grant - Backes

If Zegras doesn't make the team, Henrique slides into the center position and the left wings all move up a slot.  Then you've got room for Lundestrom if you want.  Or...(holds nose)...Carter Rowney or Nick Deslauriers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gotchabari said:

NHL Free Agent tracker still hasn't acknowledged either signing.

Yeah, I wonder if that is going by the official deals, which require paperwork to be submitted to the league office.  Either that, or the NHL's website really sucks. I'm not ruling out the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gorbachav5 said:

Yeah, I wonder if that is going by the official deals, which require paperwork to be submitted to the league office.  Either that, or the NHL's website really sucks. I'm not ruling out the latter.

Seems like others that occurred afterward were all updated within minutes, including the Gulls UFAs we lost like Sherwood, Boyle, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Seems like others that occurred afterward were all updated within minutes, including the Gulls UFAs we lost like Sherwood, Boyle, etc.

Well, we know how much they respect the Ducks over at the NHL.  Look at all the times we've hosted the draft and the All Star game, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Seems like others that occurred afterward were all updated within minutes, including the Gulls UFAs we lost like Sherwood, Boyle, etc.

Well, we know how much they respect the Ducks over at the NHL.  Look at all the times we've hosted the draft and the All Star game, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

NHL Free Agent tracker still hasn't acknowledged either signing.

NHL radio interviewed Shattenkirk.  He's friends with Fowler and wanted a chance to play with him. And the money doesn't hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

He's friends with Fowler and wanted a chance to play with him

I support that! We have a really good player...let him play with who he wants to play with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shattenkirk can’t improve our abysmal power play all by himself , but should definitely get it trending upwards... If not, it will confirm what we have all been saying for a while....FIRE THE ASSISTANTS 

Edited by yeaitsme
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Blues signed Krug and are over the cap, they still haven’t signed Vince Dunn. If I’m Murray, I’m absolutely blowing up the phone trying to get Dunn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine having a blue line of 

Lindolm - Manson 

Fowler - Shattenkirk 

Djoos - Dunn

 

Dunn also sets up nice for the future, he’s young so could be part of our RHD core after Drysdale breaks in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Imagine having a blue line of 

Lindolm - Manson 

Fowler - Shattenkirk 

Djoos - Dunn

 

Dunn also sets up nice for the future, he’s young so could be part of our RHD core after Drysdale breaks in. 

Isn’t Dunn a Left shot? 
Regardless I’d be kicking the tires for him. Wonder how much salary he’d be asking ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Isn’t Dunn a Left shot? 
Regardless I’d be kicking the tires for him. Wonder how much salary he’d be asking ? 

He is, just icing the guys I think are the best. I’m not sure on his salary, I’m also not sure how we can get him, but that’s what BM is paid for . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

He is, just icing the guys I think are the best. I’m not sure on his salary, I’m also not sure how we can get him, but that’s what BM is paid for . 

Hear that Bob? You have a job to do. I’ll also take Dadonov as well Bob! Thanks Bob.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Imagine having a blue line of 

Lindolm - Manson 

Fowler - Shattenkirk 

Djoos - Dunn

 

Dunn also sets up nice for the future, he’s young so could be part of our RHD core after Drysdale breaks in. 

That seems like a defense for a team that is trying to make the playoffs now, even without Dunn. I have a sinking feeling that Murray thinks he can have a playoff team this season and that the rebuild is over lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw is it just me or are people just flat out wrong about Shattenkirk “getting paid too much” since when is 3 yrs 3.9 million a lot for a top 4, potentially top pairing 40 pt guy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That seems like a defense for a team that is trying to make the playoffs now, even without Dunn. I have a sinking feeling that Murray thinks he can have a playoff team this season and that the rebuild is over lol

It really all depends on the kids. I think Terry looks very poised to become a producer. I’m not sold on Steel. Milano showed flash, Comtois showed he can do it, just needs to actually do it. Jones has found a niche, although I’d like to see him get more offensive opportunities. We’ll see if the Ducks make room for Zegras, depends on camp I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

It really all depends on the kids. I think Terry looks very poised to become a producer. I’m not sold on Steel. Milano showed flash, Comtois showed he can do it, just needs to actually do it. Jones has found a niche, although I’d like to see him get more offensive opportunities. We’ll see if the Ducks make room for Zegras, depends on camp I suppose. 

Just curious as to why you put such distance in potential between Terry and Steel? They’ve played pretty much the same amount of games at the Pro level, they’ve both had big looks (Steel a tad more) with the big club, and had minimal roles for the most part . Steel has 13 more points in only 6 more games Played than Terry. Both scored game winners against teams fighting for a playoff spot before the pandemic stuff started. Point totals aside (which doesn’t say everything about a player obviously) I’d say they both have the same ceiling. Maybe Terry has a tad more vision , Getzlaf-esque, but Steel has the pure scoring threat imo. Who played with better line mates through their stint? Who got sent down to the gulls like a precious jewel to polish to perfection a couple times this season? Maybe management has as much faith in Terry as you seem to have? Steel stayed up and had games against NHL players, maybe not to the success as most of us hoped, but nothing that would dismiss him as a candidate to break through like Terry. I’m hopeful and rooting for both to find their footing consistently, sooner rather than later. They’re both BIG pieces to our future club .

p.s. I am not related to Sam Steel.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yeaitsme said:

Just curious as to why you put such distance in potential between Terry and Steel? They’ve played pretty much the same amount of games at the Pro level, they’ve both had big looks (Steel a tad more) with the big club, and had minimal roles for the most part . Steel has 13 more points in only 6 more games Played than Terry. Both scored game winners against teams fighting for a playoff spot before the pandemic stuff started. Point totals aside (which doesn’t say everything about a player obviously) I’d say they both have the same ceiling. Maybe Terry has a tad more vision , Getzlaf-esque, but Steel has the pure scoring threat imo. Who played with better line mates through their stint? Who got sent down to the gulls like a precious jewel to polish to perfection a couple times this season? Maybe management has as much faith in Terry as you seem to have? Steel stayed up and had games against NHL players, maybe not to the success as most of us hoped, but nothing that would dismiss him as a candidate to break through like Terry. I’m hopeful and rooting for both to find their footing consistently, sooner rather than later. They’re both BIG pieces to our future club .

p.s. I am not related to Sam Steel.
 

 

Terry is very good in transition, drives offense, plays good defense. I’m not low on Steel, just high on Terry. He makes very smart, good plays with the puck. He draws penalties with his stick handling and skating, he was driving offense. Terry just seems more likely to be more dynamic than Steel,  but they were both trending up last year and were going to need that from both of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...