Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BritDuck168 said:

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

9pts in 45 AHL games this season. 10pts in 58 games in the AHL last season.

I don't even know if he makes the San Diego roster, tbh. Although considering Gibbon's output this year, I'm not surprised he was traded for basically a hot dog.

Edited by BlazingEtem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

9pts in 45 AHL games this season. 10pts in 58 games in the AHL last season.

I don't even know if he makes the San Diego roster, tbh. Although considering Gibbon's output this year, I'm not surprised he was traded for basically a hot dog.

Yeah, Gibbons was awful, but I'd almost rather have just cut him than pick up this guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BritDuck168 said:

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

After losing Cogs we needed to get back some heart and character, this guy has passion. The locker room will blossom! LOL

Edited by RobD360
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BritDuck168 said:

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

Ah Bob, when will you ever learn? So he's officially our reclamation project for 2019. Can't wait to see this guy play on the top line, score 10 goals and get waived. Is this a strategy of yours? Cunning. Get the guy to score, waive him and get cap space back. Brilliant! Slowly but surely we are dumping those cap dollars. We will finally have enough cap space to sign someone for the season of 2030-31 with all that cap! Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

After losing Cogs we needed to get back some heart and character, this guy has passion. The locker room will blossom! LOL

Thanks for the laugh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Ah Bob, when will you ever learn? So he's officially our reclamation project for 2019. Can't wait to see this guy play on the top line, score 10 goals and get waived. Is this a strategy of yours? Cunning. Get the guy to score, waive him and get cap space back. Brilliant! Slowly but surely we are dumping those cap dollars. We will finally have enough cap space to sign someone for the season of 2030-31 with all that cap! Can't wait!

I don't think this guy will ever be in a Ducks uniform unless a major injury crisis happens. This more than likely signals that Terry will be staying with the club for most of the year. Looking at Sieloff's stats, I can't imagine anyone views this guy as NHL material when he can't even produce in the AHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritDuck168 said:

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

We should probably keep him away from Kase, just to be safe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BritDuck168 said:

On September 25, 2016, Sieloff hit fellow Senator Clarke MacArthur hard during a training camp scrimmage at the team's annual Fan Fest in an incident that left MacArthur with a concussion.[8] Bobby Ryanimmediately dropped his gloves and went after Sieloff, and on his next shift Chris Neil also attempted to get retribution. Sieloff was subsequently removed from the game as a precaution.[8] He was subsequently sent down to the AHL and did not receive a call up that season.

nice.........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that the ducks seem to draft good defensemen.  The examples are Montour, Petterson and Theodore - just to name 3.  The problem is that once they get here their talents don't get harnessed in a way that lends itself to statistical success - so they are shipped out and blossom into stalwart players on other teams.  

I agree with the post that said "shipping 24 year old defensemen out doesn't sit well with re-tooling" (close enough) - that is true here.  Say what you will about Montour, he never quit - sure he got beat and got scored upon but he did his best within the system he was given in which to operate.  Who knows?  Perhaps under a modern day, good hockey coach he would have found his game in a big way.  My sense is that he will do just that in Buffalo.  I am sorry to see him go.  

The defensemen that should be shipped out is Murray...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can't complain what BM did yesterday and today.  We moved a young but very mistake prone and poor defenseman, IMO, in Montour for a late first rounder and a prospect.  I was so displeased with Montour all year that I'm happy with that trade.  We moved Gibbons for nothing but Gibbons was another I felt was worthless so good trade.  We moved Del Zotto who has been very meh for meh in return. Meh on that one.  I look at it  that we moved 3 worthless pieces which is another step in re-tooling this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoxxey said:

It seems to me that the ducks seem to draft good defensemen.  The examples are Montour, Petterson and Theodore - just to name 3.  The problem is that once they get here their talents don't get harnessed in a way that lends itself to statistical success - so they are shipped out and blossom into stalwart players on other teams.  

I agree with the post that said "shipping 24 year old defensemen out doesn't sit well with re-tooling" (close enough) - that is true here.  Say what you will about Montour, he never quit - sure he got beat and got scored upon but he did his best within the system he was given in which to operate.  Who knows?  Perhaps under a modern day, good hockey coach he would have found his game in a big way.  My sense is that he will do just that in Buffalo.  I am sorry to see him go.  

The defensemen that should be shipped out is Murray...

I agree. It seems like we draft good def. But here's the other problem. When we trade those defensemen out we don't get back top forwards. This leads me to believe that although BM drafts good, it's all for naught. Or at least not as great as we think it is since the guy in charge can't trade them for anything significant. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fisix said:

it's a development thing, lacking at the NHL level.  we can get them to 60% NHL pretty quick, and so they look awesome at first, and then they stagnate and that's when we try to trade them.  we need a better development team to take NHL rookies to solid RFA NHLers, and then we'd have better trades on the table.

That's an interesting way of putting it.

I'm not totally against the montour trade, it's just that he's still got potential. Nashville has a good def corps, why isn't our d on par with theirs if we draft so well? And why isn't our top six full of really good players if we can trade all these good defensemen? Something isn't right here. Our defense was pretty good the last few years, where is all that talent?

I also find it strange that we traded for a defenseman? Don't we need scoring? Weren't we saying that we should trade one of the top 4 for a scoring forward? This leads me to believe there isn't going to be one coming this summer. BM is banking on the kids. We better hope that these guys really step it up, otherwise we could see an even lower scoring team next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

That's an interesting way of putting it.

I'm not totally against the montour trade, it's just that he's still got potential. Nashville has a good def corps, why isn't our d on par with theirs if we draft so well? And why isn't our top six full of really good players if we can trade all these good defensemen? Something isn't right here. Our defense was pretty good the last few years, where is all that talent?

I also find it strange that we traded for a defenseman? Don't we need scoring? Weren't we saying that we should trade one of the top 4 for a scoring forward? This leads me to believe there isn't going to be one coming this summer. BM is banking on the kids. We better hope that these guys really step it up, otherwise we could see an even lower scoring team next year. 

Scoring?  Scoring?  What is that exactly?  Scoring?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legend has it, that it's when the puck ends up in the opposing teams net and not in our own! I wasn't aware hockey could be played that way but apparently "in the new nhl" that's what you're supposed to do.

Let's do that hockey, as the saying goes... or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say that this deadline was one of the more active and interesting ones from the perspective of so many good players being moved. 

I think that it might also be because there is such a big difference in the teams that are cup contenders and just those that will just make the playoffs. Maybe that's why so many teams were going all in, especially the blue jackets. Will be interesting to see. On a side note, IF we were to make the playoffs we'd be blown out of the water. Maybe even worse than last year, if that's even possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

That's an interesting way of putting it.

I'm not totally against the montour trade, it's just that he's still got potential. Nashville has a good def corps, why isn't our d on par with theirs if we draft so well? And why isn't our top six full of really good players if we can trade all these good defensemen? Something isn't right here. Our defense was pretty good the last few years, where is all that talent?

I also find it strange that we traded for a defenseman? Don't we need scoring? Weren't we saying that we should trade one of the top 4 for a scoring forward? This leads me to believe there isn't going to be one coming this summer. BM is banking on the kids. We better hope that these guys really step it up, otherwise we could see an even lower scoring team next year. 

I hate to say it but nashville is a very good team. Most guys are individually good and they play like a team. I'm pretty sure if you switch out Manson for ekholm or Fowler for ellis our guys would do good on that team too. On the other hand if we had ellis on our team this season he'd join the suck.

Yes we need scoring but we also need someone who can clear the crease and be a bit more physical. Whether Guhle is that guy remains to be seen but Montour was definitely not that guy. We need a scoring forward but we have an abundance of forwards. Only problem is they're not scoring. We're not trading Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Silfverberg & Henrique. We miss Kase, Rakell is a ghost and the kids are still kids.

What I hope is that we bring in a very good coach next season who can get this team to play to its potential because no matter the horror this season, our team can't be that bad. If everybody cranks it up a notch (which they can) and some of the kids (Jones, Comtois) take the next step next season might be pretty fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I hate to say it but nashville is a very good team. Most guys are individually good and they play like a team. I'm pretty sure if you switch out Manson for ekholm or Fowler for ellis our guys would do good on that team too. On the other hand if we had ellis on our team this season he'd join the suck.

Yes we need scoring but we also need someone who can clear the crease and be a bit more physical. Whether Guhle is that guy remains to be seen but Montour was definitely not that guy. We need a scoring forward but we have an abundance of forwards. Only problem is they're not scoring. We're not trading Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Silfverberg & Henrique. We miss Kase, Rakell is a ghost and the kids are still kids.

What I hope is that we bring in a very good coach next season who can get this team to play to its potential because no matter the horror this season, our team can't be that bad. If everybody cranks it up a notch (which they can) and some of the kids (Jones, Comtois) take the next step next season might be pretty fun.

I'm torn between looking for a Trotz-type coach or a Torts-type coach. The first one we actually need, and he might make this silly roster work and the second one just for the laughs and mom-on-the-phone moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man...I don't know what to do about our forwards next season...it seems we have...a lot of potential options lol it's a good problem to have!

If we DON'T re-sign any skater in the off-season...OR really any UFA skater at all...this is what we have...

Center: Getz, Rico, Lundestrom, Kesler, Rowney, Steel, Sherwood...

LWs: Jones, Comtois, Shore, Ritchie

RWs: Perry, Slif, Rakell, Kase, Sprong, Terry, Eaves

And that's withOUT whomever we get with our high draft pick which could be NHL ready...to me, this really shows how next season we look kinda good...but in the soon to be future, we'll need some more centers for sure...

And then on D we have: Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Guhle, Larrson, Mahura...which also doesn't really leave much depth...obviously we can always re-sign some people. 

I feel like we should be able to use some of these promising excess forwards we'll have to get a good defenseman! And hopefully use our 2nd first round pick to get a good D prospect...maybe I dunno...I don't know what's good anymore lol

the immediate future looks kinda bright while the not-so-distant future looks like it could be dim. But we can always do things now to help the not-so-distant future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...