The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

if that's at all true, then it's probably from the Duck's side, not his.  and not because of some issue, just minimizing salary.

Miller wants to stay near the West coast because his wife has a career in LA right? So looking at the teams out West really Anaheim is the only team that still needs a goalie. Maybe Vegas I guess if they can move Fleury.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Miller Signed 1x1. Stoked for this. Gives Dostal some more time to tear it up 

Love this!!

Honestly, I think we may have the best goalie duo in the West...2nd only to Vegas. And at worst, maybe 3rd best. But with that duo in this kind of schedule...if our D can just be...better haha and one or 2 of the young guys take bigger steps forward...we might be a bit better than people would give us credit for.

I dunno, I get hopeful!!

14 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Miller Signed 1x1. Stoked for this. Gives Dostal some more time to tear it up 

Talented young goalkeeper Lukas Dostal is waiting for his chance, and BM gives a grandpa $1 mil for 56 games season. Hm...

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Talented young goalkeeper Lukas Dostal is waiting for his chance, and BM gives a grandpa $1 mil for 56 games season. Hm...

He'll get his chance with the Gulls.  Even Gibson played 46 games with the AHL club before making his Ducks debut.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 12:49 AM, Fisix said:

if that's at all true, then it's probably from the Duck's side, not his.  and not because of some issue, just minimizing salary.

Well Miller has resigned. Too Bad Ducks did not go for Haula or Granlund. Oh BTW Just wanna Wish you all Happy Merry Christmas......from Nova Scotia Canada...Stay Strong and Stay United.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

20 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Perry signs with Montreal 1yr $750,000

Going to be weird seeing him in Habs Uni but we did get use to having him in Dallas Uni...also He will be wearing 94 instead of 10.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/28/2020 at 11:02 AM, yeaitsme said:

Perry signs with Montreal 1yr $750,000

Wow.  I thought his performance over the summer would at least keep him in 7 figures.  Maybe $1.25 or $1.5.    

29 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Wow.  I thought his performance over the summer would at least keep him in 7 figures.  Maybe $1.25 or $1.5.    

and be on a playoff bound team...not that the Habs aren't...but...i dunno. Playoff Perry...I guess he could be good trade bait if the Habs aren't in the playoffs.

Does Corey have family in Montreal? I wonder if that played a factor.

29 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

You’re right about that. 1mil for a former MVP, SC champion , and playoff hardened seems fair. Montreal happy to do it on the cheap for sure though. I wish him the best ,and am excited to see how Montreal does this year.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, Jasoaks said:

Love this!!

Honestly, I think we may have the best goalie duo in the West...2nd only to Vegas. And at worst, maybe 3rd best. But with that duo in this kind of schedule...if our D can just be...better haha and one or 2 of the young guys take bigger steps forward...we might be a bit better than people would give us credit for.

I dunno, I get hopeful!!

We’ve had the same duo for a few years already and the results have been ... well you know

35 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

We’ve had the same duo for a few years already and the results have been ... well you know

Well I mean look at the numbers before the 2018-2019 season. I think poor team defense and lack of goal scoring pretty much accounts for that. Glad to have Miller back tbh. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gotchabari said:

this feels like a prorated price for the season, given the fewer games.  i would imagine anyone without a contract for this coming season is going to see the same prorated price for 2020-21, and if multi-year, it might go up the following seasons.

dtslaw might have a better take - it could be that all the reported salaries are without the prorate built in, and the players will just get paid the prorated amount for the regular season... but still, this 1 year contract feels like it's priced for the number of games.

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

this feels like a prorated price for the season, given the fewer games.  i would imagine anyone without a contract for this coming season is going to see the same prorated price for 2020-21, and if multi-year, it might go up the following seasons.

dtslaw might have a better take - it could be that all the reported salaries are without the prorate built in, and the players will just get paid the prorated amount for the regular season... but still, this 1 year contract feels like it's priced for the number of games.

Last I heard the salaries were to be paid in full this season even with the fewer number of games. So yeah, that might be why these 1-year deal are so low. Even Chara just took less than $800K for a 1-year deal with the Caps.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Last I heard the salaries were to be paid in full this season even with the fewer number of games. So yeah, that might be why these 1-year deal are so low. Even Chara just took less than $800K for a 1-year deal with the Caps.

ohhhh that makes so much sense!! i was wondering why this was happening...and explains a lot as to why GMs waited till they knew what was happening with the schedule next year to sign...I wonder if there are any playoff bonuses, too...

Also, man SO many 1-year deals...I don't think that will continue to be a trend after this year, but it's making next off-season almost just as interesting (and yet more so!) than this off-season!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the message boards and being stuck at home, I thought joining would be a good way to virtually interact with others who share a similar love and passion for Ducks hockey.

What are your thoughts on the Dubois situation? I think him signing a short term deal following trade rumours points to him being moved on at some point (plus CBJ's poor track record of keeping superstars). I think he's a player who provides immediate short and long term help and if GMBM really thinks we're pushing into "win now" territory, I can't see how a move for Dubois wouldn't be at least considered. 

We have quite the log jam of prospect and middle six forwards, do you think a move is plausible and what kind of package do you think makes sense, if any at all?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Daffy_95 said:

Hey everyone, I'm new to the message boards and being stuck at home, I thought joining would be a good way to virtually interact with others who share a similar love and passion for Ducks hockey.

What are your thoughts on the Dubois situation? I think him signing a short term deal following trade rumours points to him being moved on at some point (plus CBJ's poor track record of keeping superstars). I think he's a player who provides immediate short and long term help and if GMBM really thinks we're pushing into "win now" territory, I can't see how a move for Dubois wouldn't be at least considered. 

We have quite the log jam of prospect and middle six forwards, do you think a move is plausible and what kind of package do you think makes sense, if any at all?

Welcome! Good idea, but I’m not interested in giving up what I think CBJ would want in return - namely, Zegras+. Dubois is a former 3rd overall pick and has elite potential. They will be looking for an organization’s #1 prospect in return. I think that’s why a Laine-Dubois swap is so popular in the rumor mills right now. But I don’t want to go there with Zegras yet, who I also think has elite potential.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daffy_95 said:

Welcome to the boards. I have to agree with Dtslaw that Columbus would want something too expensive in order to acquire Dubois. Either Zegras or Drysdale. Murray would be a fool to trade one of those players.. but then... he did trade Theodore to keep Vatranen and Manson. All because he gave Bieksa a ntc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Daffy_95 said:

I agree that by all accounts, Dubois is on his way to getting traded but the Ducks don’t make sense at this point given the cost. They don’t have the excess draft picks or quality prospects to get him without crushing their own and hurting the pipeline. Columbus probably wants another scoring threat so I think that the foundation of a trade would involve Zegras + Rakell + pick, which I would take a hard pass on.

I don’t see the Ducks being close to win-now territory right now and won’t be until the next core of players is established and contributing in the NHL. Hope that the window to get back into the playoffs and contend starts to open in the next 2-3 seasons.

Welcome to Ducks Thunderdome!

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I agree that by all accounts, Dubois is on his way to getting traded but the Ducks don’t make sense at this point given the cost. They don’t have the excess draft picks or quality prospects to get him without crushing their own and hurting the pipeline. Columbus probably wants another scoring threat so I think that the foundation of a trade would involve Zegras + Rakell + pick, which I would take a hard pass on.

I don’t see the Ducks being close to win-now territory right now and won’t be until the next core of players is established and contributing in the NHL. Hope that the window to get back into the playoffs and contend starts to open in the next 2-3 seasons.

Welcome to Ducks Thunderdome!

Thanks! I agree that if it meant giving up Zegras or Drysdale, I would definitely pass...I also have high hopes for Tracey, Perreault, and Dostal, so I would be content with giving up any other prospect besides those 4. However, I don't think a deal gets done without at least Drysdale or Zegras being involved, as you guys have said. 

I've been a little underwhelmed with the development of Jones, Steel, and Terry so far, hence why I brought up the possibility of bringing in a high calibre forward like Dubois. This is a big year for those guys and I hope they can make big steps to provide some assurances that the Ducks offence will be capable for the future. 

3 minutes ago, Daffy_95 said:

I've been a little underwhelmed with the development of Jones, Steel, and Terry so far, hence why I brought up the possibility of bringing in a high calibre forward like Dubois. This is a big year for those guys and I hope they can make big steps to provide some assurances that the Ducks offence will be capable for the future. 

Agree with this completely. I think it's likely we see one of them gone...or maybe even 2! We're gonna find out a lot in this season. And it will dictate a lot when it comes to who stays and who gets offered up as a sacrifice to the Kraken.

To me, basically every player besides Gibson, Miller, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Lindholm, Silfv, Rico, Grant, and Getz are all on notice and up for trade or being exposed depending on how they do this season. (not including like our top prospects haha)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daffy_95 said:

I was reading that Dubois wants a trade because he wants to play in a bigger market - he wants more eyes on him. Moving to Anaheim doesn't really accomplish that, he would probably just request a trade again lol.

23 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Agree with this completely. I think it's likely we see one of them gone...or maybe even 2! We're gonna find out a lot in this season. And it will dictate a lot when it comes to who stays and who gets offered up as a sacrifice to the Kraken.

To me, basically every player besides Gibson, Miller, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Lindholm, Silfv, Rico, Grant, and Getz are all on notice and up for trade or being exposed depending on how they do this season. (not including like our top prospects haha)

The last thing we want is to bail on a player too early again. How often has Murray done that? Palmieri, Theodore, Karlsson, Pettersson just off the top of my head were all traded because they weren't living up to expectations and went on to develop into solid NHL players.

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

The last thing we want is to bail on a player too early again. How often has Murray done that? Palmieri, Theodore, Karlsson, Pettersson just off the top of my head were all traded because they weren't living up to expectations and went on to develop into solid NHL players.

Well, I mean, I don't think any of these players were bailed on 'cause they "weren't living up to expectations." I'll never defend the Karlsson trade...that one made no sense to me at the time and hindsight confirmed this lol

But the others, no one was saying they weren't developing into solid NHL players. ....ok except maybe Palmieri...looking back on that trade...we really got nothing and used it for nothing... 😕 

But I can at least understand the thought process behind Theo and Pettersson. But more importantly, I am not convinced that any of them would have done well if they stayed in Anaheim. Which touches upon a much bigger problem I am worried about lol (how we develop players and how they don't seem to excel to their potential in our program).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daffy_95 said:

Thanks! I agree that if it meant giving up Zegras or Drysdale, I would definitely pass...I also have high hopes for Tracey, Perreault, and Dostal, so I would be content with giving up any other prospect besides those 4. However, I don't think a deal gets done without at least Drysdale or Zegras being involved, as you guys have said. 

23 minutes ago, nieder said:

I really agree with Nieder about this and that. Steel, Terry, Jones et all struggled in their first pro seasons which I think should have been expected. Steel and Terry’s careers prior to going pro understandably gave people higher expectations of them that they haven’t met and may just not reach. They should be respectable pros and Terry has shown flashes of his skill translating to the NHL. If they don’t take steps forward this year then Murray might look to move on but they should be allowed every chance to sink or swim.

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I really agree with Nieder about this and that. Steel, Terry, Jones et all struggled in their first pro seasons which I think should have been expected. Steel and Terry’s careers prior to going pro understandably gave people higher expectations of them that they haven’t met and may just not reach. They should be respectable pros and Terry has shown flashes of his skill translating to the NHL. If they don’t take steps forward this year then Murray might look to move on but they should be allowed every chance to sink or swim.

Murray should look to move on if they don't improve, but I'm hoping the Samuelis move on from Murray before that happens.  Prospect development is a bit of a black box, especially in hockey when players often do a lot of their development outside the organization, but I don't think the Ducks are good at it under Murray.  I look at the players who have moved on and blossomed, and then I look at the players who have stagnated here, and I wonder if this is an area of deficiency for the Ducks.  Is that an organizational failure in development?  Is it just luck?  Is it the fault of draft strategy?  I just can't ignore the fact that, outside maybe of Ondrej Kase, the Ducks haven't developed their own top 6 forward prospect since...Bobby Ryan?  Maybe Kyle Palmieri, but even then, he didn't take off until he was traded.  You figure that in 15 years of drafts, they would hit on a couple of guys, even drafting lower.  And they very well might have...but they either gave up on young players too early or they never brought them to their full potential.

All this to say, I could see Steel and Jones and Terry and Comtois all continuing that trend.  I really hope that's not true, but I'm not thrilled with Murray's track record of developing young forwards.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Murray should look to move on if they don't improve, but I'm hoping the Samuelis move on from Murray before that happens.  Prospect development is a bit of a black box, especially in hockey when players often do a lot of their development outside the organization, but I don't think the Ducks are good at it under Murray.  I look at the players who have moved on and blossomed, and then I look at the players who have stagnated here, and I wonder if this is an area of deficiency for the Ducks.  Is that an organizational failure in development?  Is it just luck?  Is it the fault of draft strategy?  I just can't ignore the fact that, outside maybe of Ondrej Kase, the Ducks haven't developed their own top 6 forward prospect since...Bobby Ryan?  Maybe Kyle Palmieri, but even then, he didn't take off until he was traded.  You figure that in 15 years of drafts, they would hit on a couple of guys, even drafting lower.  And they very well might have...but they either gave up on young players too early or they never brought them to their full potential.

All this to say, I could see Steel and Jones and Terry and Comtois all continuing that trend.  I really hope that's not true, but I'm not thrilled with Murray's track record of developing young forwards.

I completely agree with this! It's something I have noticed/getting concerned with. And why I thought we need to draft a player like Rossi who is known for being a self-starter and self-motivator. We need someone who will excel despite our attempt to develop them.

Even Bobby Ryan I feel he was never really that player we thought he was going to be. You look at our line-up right now and the forwards we're most happy with we traded for. (excluding Getz as he's a superstar and a different conversation)

Our best D we traded for/signed (Scotty/Pronger). I mean, Manson and Lindholm looked to be developing and now seem to have taken a 2-year dip that doesn't look good. We always seem to be disappointed in Fowler (whether it's warranted or not), but to me that says Fowler didn't develop the way we thought he would or become the player we thought he would. Theo looked to be having some troubles...left to Vegas and blossomed!

I don't think it's ever too late for any of them to step up and grow and become better. But it makes me really wonder about how we develop players.

Our goalie development has been nails. No notes!! lol

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1