The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

2 hours ago, ike-1 said:

Why let Djoos go and then invite this guy?...

Ben Huttton is no sa bad, actually. A 1 year deal for a minimum salary would make sense.

5 hours ago, ike-1 said:

Why let Djoos go and then invite this guy?...

I think he’s a left D. Maybe it’s not about Djoos (who played more on the right side) as much as it is about disappointment over the depth we have over there. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

With what is being floated about trading for Dubois, Columbus is asking for the likes of Kirby Dach from Chicago and Suzuki+Kotkaniemi from Montreal.

sheesh...of course they are. That's a hard no if I'm one of those teams...not interested if Z has to be involved.

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

This Dubois/Tortorella situation is getting ugly. Dubois benched for the last two period of this game. Good ol' fashion hockey stand off. 

ohhhhh man oh man....that's gonna be interesting to see play out....maybe Tortz will get fired and we can hire him!!...I highly doubt that'll happen though. Dubois is definitely being shopped.

8 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhhhh man oh man....that's gonna be interesting to see play out....maybe Tortz will get fired and we can hire him!!...I highly doubt that'll happen though. Dubois is definitely being shopped.

Or they could give us Dubois

• Like 1

Obviously I'd like Dubois...

But can't Winnipeg and Columbus finally just make the blockbuster trade we're all waiting for?!

Word on the street is Dubois is a healthy scratch tonight and a deal could be made as early as tomorrow....and I guess some teams have been told if they're still in or not....I can't imagine we are still in (or that we actually seriously made an offer)

56 minutes ago, Gibson4Life said:

Steel, Larsson and a 1st going the other way? What do you guys think were offering?

Offering Jones + Steel + 1st. Jarmo probably wants Perreault instead of Jones, or maybe another pick like a 2022 2nd.

Edited by dtsdlaw

3 hours ago, Gibson4Life said:

Steel, Larsson and a 1st going the other way? What do you guys think were offering?

Jesus that would be a robbery.

From what I was reading was...the delay is less not happy with the deals but more trying to choose the one they think is best. And I think it's probably something like Rakell+Steel/Terry/Jones/Comtois (although probably a center so Steel or Terry........😏)+ 2021 1st....

but I mean, I'd replace one of them with Perrault if they want....or add in Larsson...don't think I would add in a 2022 1st though...maybe. Maybe i'd add in a 2021 2nd? I dunno. I'm no GM haha but also, Dubois is good, but he's not let's give them 5 players good lol (or maybe he is?) but too many picks I start getting nervous...

I'd actually be the most upset (but not like, a lot) if we had to give up Comtois. a) he's our leading goal scorer lol but b ) he's also exempt from the ED so if we give up 2 players we'd have to/want to protect for 1 player (Dubois) we essentially open up another spot for a forward to be protected.

Oh, well...Bye-bye Dubois....

It's just a bad aura with this GM. Long 13 years I am waiting for a trade or free agent signing that would change the face of this franchise. J. Ferreira got us Teemy Selanne. P. Gauthier years were disaster. Bryan Murray got Fedorov after losing Kariya thru free agency and drafted Getzlaf/Perry. Brian Burke got Neidermayer and Pronger. And what this guy did after long 13 years, except trading for washed up 32 y/o Kesler a few weeks after the Ducks got eliminated from playoffs in game 7?

Even when it comes to the late first or second round drafting, he prefers to draft grinders over proven scorers (recent example: passing on Arthur Kaliyev in favor of some no-name grinder). As a Ducks fan who is watching this team all my adult life, I am really getting prostrated with the management.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Oh, well...Bye-bye Dubois....

It's just a bad aura with this GM. Long 13 years I am waiting for a trade or free agent signing that would change the face of this franchise. J. Ferreira got us Teemy Selanne. P. Gauthier years were disaster. Bryan Murray got Fedorov after losing Kariya thru free agency and drafted Getzlaf/Perry. Brian Burke got Neidermayer and Pronger. And what this guy did after long 13 years, except trading for washed up 32 y/o Kesler a few weeks after the Ducks got eliminated from playoffs in game 7?

Even when it comes to the late first or second round drafting, he prefers to draft grinders over proven scorers (recent example: passing on Arthur Kaliyev in favor of some no-name grinder). As a Ducks fan who is watching this team all my adult life, I am really getting prostrated with the management.

Agreed. Might make watching the Kraken worth a shot.

4 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

And what this guy did after long 13 years, except trading for washed up 32 y/o Kesler a few weeks after the Ducks got eliminated from playoffs in game 7?

Wait, what?  A washed up Kesler?

If washed up is what it took to get us 3 year legit Cup window, I'll take another washed up player, please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Wait, what?  A washed up Kesler?

If washed up is what it took to get us 3 year legit Cup window, I'll take another washed up player, please!

+1. Kes was also 30, not 32.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

+1. Kes was also 30, not 32.

4 hours ago, gotchabari said:

A washed up Kesler?

9 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

washed up 32 y/o Kesler

wasn't he also nominated for 2 selke trophies as a Duck? or was it just 1?

• Like 2

Ducks involve in a Trade...Rare three way trade. 

To 

NHL_2021_Teams_SJSharks.png

: D Christian Jaros

To #nhlducks: D Trevor Carrick To #sens: F Jack Kopacka and #sjsharks

NHL_2021_Teams_SJSharks.png

2022 7th-round pick.

Good Luck Jack Kopacka.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

50 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

: D Christian Jaros

they got a giant smiley AND Christian Jaros??? Damn....clear winner...Sharks

40 minutes ago, Fisix said:

actually, i think we win in personnel.  not sure how to value the 7th round pick.

Who knows either way this was AHL Move.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Win Now Mode imho is very Naive....in the process we see our Ducks are still in Rebuilding and Rejuvenation. Lacking of Scoring needs to be address asap.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

17 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Tony DeAngelo is on waivers. Talk about plummeting from grace. Just say screw it and invite him to the party here in Anaheim lol

Sucks he’s such a PoS. We definitely could use him. 

i would love if we could trade for Victor Mete. But Murray is probably gonna trade for Jack Johnson because of intangibles 

• Like 1