The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

3 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/ducks-maple-leafs-trade-partners-rickard-rakell/

now after his maybe best career game... for Engvall (7th round pick) and Robertson... no thx.

Let's trade our most dynamic forward (who's snake bitten that's for sure) for a third liner who doesn't exactly light it up and an unproven forward. If he's that good why don't you keep him?

10 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Let's trade our most dynamic forward (who's snake bitten that's for sure) for a third liner who doesn't exactly light it up and an unproven forward. If he's that good why don't you keep him?

I not at all want that trade. with Manson and Marner okay. but I would trade away earlier some others (Silvy, Henrique, Manson).

Manson we don't need any more, we have Shatt and Drysdale for this role. and we can only protect 3 defenders (Fowler, Lindholm, Shattenkirk)...

8 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

now after his maybe best career game... for Engvall (7th round pick) and Robertson... no thx.

huh...

...Dubas should be fired if his big move is to get ANOTHER forward. I just don't feel like scoring is the maple leafs issues...

Honestly, they should be looking for Lindholm. Or Manson as everyone is saying. But I would imagine a trade involving Lindholm then someone like Marner is more likely in the conversation. Manson...probably more like Nylander.

Now, I don't think we can afford to lose Lindholm. Not saying we should. Just saying what seems more "realistic" to me, a random dude that knows nothing of trade values lol

6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Give up the ONLY decent forward on the roster for a bunch of warm bodies to increase an army of bottom 6-9 forwards? How about W. Nylander for anybody from the list: Steel, Jones, Terry, Heinen? They are welcome to chose anybody from this list, no hesitation.

Edited by FanSince1993

7 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

I not at all want that trade. with Manson and Marner okay. but I would trade away earlier some others (Silvy, Henrique, Manson).

Manson we don't need any more, we have Shatt and Drysdale for this role. and we can only protect 3 defenders (Fowler, Lindholm, Shattenkirk)...

I can't make a case for protecting a 32-year-old below-average defender who is on pace for <15 points this season. Especially with Drysdale playing well at the AHL level and looking like he may be ready for a 3rd pair role next season. When Manson comes back, I'm hoping HCDE has the stones to put Shattenkirk either on the 3rd pair or in the press box so the Ducks can role with 47-42 and 4-28 as the top-4. If he doesn't, that'll be confirmation that he is either a lousy coach or he is not the one who is actually calling the shots on lineup decisions.

Prior to this season I was pretty convinced that the Ducks should protect 4F+4D in the coming expansion draft. My mind has been completely changed by (a) Hakanpaa's emergence, (b) Lundestrom's solid play recently, and (c) Shattenkirk's abysmal play. Things can change obviously, but based on what we've seen through the first 3rd of this season, if GMBM goes 4F+4D to protect his golden goose Shattenkirk instead of protecting 7 forwards, he should be fired on the spot. Shattenkirk doesn't deserve a spot in the top-4, let alone a protected spot in the ED. Protect Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson, then re-sign Hawk, and the D is in great shape next season with Drysdale, Larsson, Mahura coming up. I'd also re-sign Hutton if Shatty is selected in the ED. 

• Like 1

Rumors of Gibson,Getzlaf and Hernique is result of Slow news day and gossip...I personally Feel there is no base for it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I can't make a case for protecting a 32-year-old below-average defender who is on pace for <15 points this season. Especially with Drysdale playing well at the AHL level and looking like he may be ready for a 3rd pair role next season. When Manson comes back, I'm hoping HCDE has the stones to put Shattenkirk either on the 3rd pair or in the press box so the Ducks can role with 47-42 and 4-28 as the top-4. If he doesn't, that'll be confirmation that he is either a lousy coach or he is not the one who is actually calling the shots on lineup decisions.

Prior to this season I was pretty convinced that the Ducks should protect 4F+4D in the coming expansion draft. My mind has been completely changed by (a) Hakanpaa's emergence, (b) Lundestrom's solid play recently, and (c) Shattenkirk's abysmal play. Things can change obviously, but based on what we've seen through the first 3rd of this season, if GMBM goes 4F+4D to protect his golden goose Shattenkirk instead of protecting 7 forwards, he should be fired on the spot. Shattenkirk doesn't deserve a spot in the top-4, let alone a protected spot in the ED. Protect Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson, then re-sign Hawk, and the D is in great shape next season with Drysdale, Larsson, Mahura coming up. I'd also re-sign Hutton if Shatty is selected in the ED. 

If Manson is still here after the trade deadline. With his link to Toronto over the last bit, and the Leafs being in real contention, arguably a solid D from taking that final step, Manson may be out of here. Then there are the other 15 teams looking for help on D for the playoffs. Manson (and retain some salary for the strapped teams, cause we have it) could fetch us a lot. Nylander PLUS a 1st. If the deal is a good make it and protect one more of the young forwards or a player coming back in the trade.

50 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

If Manson is still here after the trade deadline. With his link to Toronto over the last bit, and the Leafs being in real contention, arguably a solid D from taking that final step, Manson may be out of here. Then there are the other 15 teams looking for help on D for the playoffs. Manson (and retain some salary for the strapped teams, cause we have it) could fetch us a lot. Nylander PLUS a 1st. If the deal is a good make it and protect one more of the young forwards or a player coming back in the trade.

I can't see any playoff team adding a D-man with a year left on his contract just for the playoffs this season. Nobody good enough to be in the playoffs has an open spot on their expansion draft protection list for him, and they're not going to give up much for a guy that they'd have to just expose to Seattle a few weeks later. There are also quite a few D-men that are pending UFAs this season who will probably be available at the deadline. Names like Alex Edler, Hjalmarsson, Goligoski, Brandon Montour, Ian Cole, Adam Larsson, etc., etc. Bob is not going to get any good offers for Manson at the deadline with all of those names on the market. If Manson gets moved, it'll be over the summer. And honestly, why move him if Shattenkirk continues to suck as bad as he has already?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I can't see any playoff team adding a D-man with a year left on his contract just for the playoffs this season. Nobody good enough to be in the playoffs has an open spot on their expansion draft protection list for him, and they're not going to give up much for a guy that they'd have to just expose to Seattle a few weeks later. There are also quite a few D-men that are pending UFAs this season who will probably be available at the deadline. Names like Alex Edler, Hjalmarsson, Goligoski, Brandon Montour, Ian Cole, Adam Larsson, etc., etc. Bob is not going to get any good offers for Manson at the deadline with all of those names on the market. If Manson gets moved, it'll be over the summer. And honestly, why move him if Shattenkirk continues to suck as bad as he has already?

disagree.  Manson even in his current slump form is better than those, particularly for those teams in need of real D for a SC push (especially TOR).  TOR can add another live D man and shift their miserable D lines around to make room for him in the ED.  and i think they're going to figure out they need someone like Manson in the next month.  that'll be the extent of their test time with their current lineup and without Simmonds (projected).  and, it'll give them time to figure out which forward they'll trade for someone like Manson.  they're going to want to trade Nylander, and we should absolutely say hell to the no.  we need a Marner.

the Shatt is going to be exposed - there's almost no doubt in my mind.  he may be traded to them along with some other meat in order for them to leave off grabbing something other than Larsson, for example.  the downside for us is that BM is going to force the Shatt to be played often enough to get him in shape for the trade, which means that HAK or Welinski or Hutton (some non-Larsson d man) are going to be sent down.  Of those three, I'm not sure who makes the most sense to send down, but i'm guessing Welinski.  I do wonder if some team will snap him up if we send him down.

42 minutes ago, Fisix said:

disagree.  Manson even in his current slump form is better than those, particularly for those teams in need of real D for a SC push (especially TOR).  TOR can add another live D man and shift their miserable D lines around to make room for him in the ED.  and i think they're going to figure out they need someone like Manson in the next month.  that'll be the extent of their test time with their current lineup and without Simmonds (projected).  and, it'll give them time to figure out which forward they'll trade for someone like Manson.  they're going to want to trade Nylander, and we should absolutely say hell to the no.  we need a Marner.

the Shatt is going to be exposed - there's almost no doubt in my mind.  he may be traded to them along with some other meat in order for them to leave off grabbing something other than Larsson, for example.  the downside for us is that BM is going to force the Shatt to be played often enough to get him in shape for the trade, which means that HAK or Welinski or Hutton (some non-Larsson d man) are going to be sent down.  Of those three, I'm not sure who makes the most sense to send down, but i'm guessing Welinski.  I do wonder if some team will snap him up if we send him down.

Reilly, Brodie and Muzzin. Which of those three does Toronto give up to Seattle for nothing so that they can take on one more year of Josh Manson’s contract? I just don’t see it. Especially with what else is out there as a rental. 

14 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I just don't feel like scoring is the maple leafs issues...

5 goals in 25 minutes against OTS is a good point for that....

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Reilly, Brodie and Muzzin. Which of those three does Toronto give up to Seattle for nothing so that they can take on one more year of Josh Manson’s contract? I just don’t see it. Especially with what else is out there as a rental. 

Definitely Brodie, maybe Reilly.  Muzzin if they wanted to shed cap hit, but unlikely.  I think Manson could do really well for TOR.

the one year contract thing is an issue, but if he works out, they could sign him for the same price, or shed him if they win the cup.

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

Definitely Welinski. And so far he’s only accumulated about 17 days on the active roster and he’s played only three games, so he doesn’t need waivers again to be sent down. In fact, he was sent to the Gulls yesterday. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

5 goals in 25 minutes against OTS is a good point for that....

Well for Toronto they don't want to lose to Ottawa...Pride is on the line.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 2/16/2021 at 12:30 AM, Spike1981 said:

I laughed when I read this article because this sounds like NHL21 trade that would get rejected. The Ducks don’t need anymore 3rd liners like Engvall and while I like Robertson, he alone isn’t enough to get Rakell. Change Engvall to a first round pick either this year or 2022 or they keep Robertson and give us their 2021 and 2022 first rounders.

14 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I guess Toronto could go the 8 skater route and protect Reilly, Brodie, Muzzin Manson on defense and Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander up front. Let Seattle then choose from the remains of Kerfoot, Mikheyev, Holl or McDermott.

If Murray can’t get the price or doesn’t just want to trade Manson this year then I think Hakanpaa is going to get moved so that we don’t lose him for nothing.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I laughed when I read this article because this sounds like NHL21 trade that would get rejected. The Ducks don’t need anymore 3rd liners like Engvall and while I like Robertson, he alone isn’t enough to get Rakell. Change Engvall to a first round pick either this year or 2022 or they keep Robertson and give us their 2021 and 2022 first rounders.

I guess Toronto could go the 8 skater route and protect Reilly, Brodie, Muzzin Manson on defense and Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander up front. Let Seattle then choose from the remains of Kerfoot, Mikheyev, Holl or McDermott.

If Murray can’t get the price or doesn’t just want to trade Manson this year then I think Hakanpaa is going to get moved so that we don’t lose him for nothing.

GMBM is going to be getting a lot of calls for Hakanpaa at or near the deadline. I could see a 3rd round pick coming our way for him. Maybe even a 2nd if the team keeps improving around him. That said, I really hope the plan is to re-sign him after the expansion draft. Fowler-Manson is a train wreck of a pairing. Fowler-Hawk is really solid. We need to keep that pair together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

GMBM is going to be getting a lot of calls for Hakanpaa at or near the deadline. I could see a 3rd round pick coming our way for him. Maybe even a 2nd if the team keeps improving around him. That said, I really hope the plan is to re-sign him after the expansion draft. Fowler-Manson is a train wreck of a pairing. Fowler-Hawk is really solid. We need to keep that pair together.

I agree and you get no argument from Me.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 2/17/2021 at 11:38 AM, dtsdlaw said:

Maybe I don't understand something about hockey strategy, but why we would trade away a good player like Hakanpaa for a third pick (pretty much for nothing)?

How is it going to make out team better? If I was GM, I would rather trade somebody from an army of underachieving forwards for 7th round pick or for "future considerations" and use this money to resign Hakanpaa.

3 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Maybe I don't understand something about hockey strategy, but why we would trade away a good player like Hakanpaa for a third pick (pretty much for nothing)?

How is it going to make out team better? If I was GM, I would rather trade somebody from an army of underachieving forwards for 7th round pick or for "future considerations" and use this money to resign Hakanpaa.

He’s an unrestricted free agent at season’s end. Odds are GMBM has already started talking to his agent about a new contract. If it looks like he’s going to test the UFA market, then the Ducks should trade him before he walks away for nothing. Or, if they can agree on a deal in principle, either wait until after the expansion draft to re-sign him (so he doesn’t take a protected spot) or work out a deal like what they did with Grant last season where they trade him as a short term rental but with an expectation that he will re-sign in the offseason.

My preference would be to just wait and re-sign him, but if the offer is a 2nd round pick I could see GMBM going for it. Then we just hope he boomerangs like Grant did.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

At this point, I'm kind of regretting the Grant boomerang.  He's looked bad this season.  Or maybe he was just lucky last season.  But I'd rather see Backes in the lineup.

As for Hakanpaa, his play has made me cool with trading Manson sooner rather than later, as long as he can be re-signed to a short-term extension.

Grant has looked sluggish out there! He was a monster on the PK last year but hasn’t been the case this season! Backes should be the way to go 

• Like 1

Grant has double the points per game compared to Backes.  i guess i haven't seen Derek as particularly sluggish when he's on the FrenchyD line.  

Ducks need a shakeup both on the Ice and Off the ice with Trades and removal of GM.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Ducks are rumored to be discussing a Heinen for Virtanen deal. I mean Virtanen was the 6th overall pick in 2014 but Heinen is the better NHLer lol.

I wouldn’t hate adding Virtanen, but not for Heinen. 

2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I wouldn’t hate adding Virtanen, but not for Heinen. 

Just not sure what it accomplishes. Virtanen has another year at 2.5 mil on his contract also while Heinen is an RFA after this year. He’s a bottom-6 forward that I think we already have enough of.

35 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Just not sure what it accomplishes. Virtanen has another year at 2.5 mil on his contract also while Heinen is an RFA after this year. He’s a bottom-6 forward that I think we already have enough of.

I'm with you on that. It seems at best a lateral move.....but....a little worse. Heinen is older by a year but has already put up more points in less games....same. Really not sure what this would accomplish.

46 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If you’re adding Virtanen for a low level prospect or low pick. I’m fine with it. I’m not gonna turn down 15-20 goals from a 24-25 year old on the bottom six. If Murray promises me personally that. Virtanen takes minutes from Grant, DLo, Rowney and slots up with injuries I’ll be okay. 

Heinen is much better than Virtanen in every metric. 

The issue is that Murray has only won like 1 of these swaps of players in recent memories and that was for Milano. He taking a lot of L’s and I don’t know if I can stomach Jim effing Benning fleecing this team. 

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I don’t know much about Virtanen, but didn’t he have 18G last season in 69 games? Sounds like he has some finishing ability. He’s also a right-shot RW and he’s a much thicker dude  than Heinen is.