The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

5 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

If you can turn Steel/Heinen or something into Kapanen then I’m ecstatic, but Rakell imo is much better than Kapanen. And swapping is the ultimate BM move that’s just going to lead us to be worse and worse. 

Rakell should go to Toronto for a 1st and Robertson or Amirov 

If the Ducks can re-sign Rakell, they should. I’m watching a 33-year-old Zuccarello performing pure sorcery with Kaprizov and don’t see why we can’t have the same thing with Rakell, Comtois, and Zegras. I’d rather the Ducks develop their dynamic young players with a dynamic veteran like Rakell. Like DeBrincat has with Patrick Kane.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

If the Ducks can re-sign Rakell, they should. I’m watching a 33-year-old Zuccarello performing pure sorcery with Kaprizov and don’t see why we can’t have the same thing with Rakell, Comtois, and Zegras. I’d rather the Ducks develop their dynamic young players with a dynamic veteran like Rakell. Like DeBrincat has with Patrick Kane.

I get that. Rakell is also our best trade chip right now and adding a guy like Robertson or Amirov along with a high draft pick isn’t nothing. Robertson is probably about NHL ready and Amirov was one of my favorite prospects last draft. I’m just saying that I would rather this than swapping deck chairs and flip Rakell for Kapanen. 

likeninsaid though, if Murray can flip Heinen + Steel package for Kapanen, I’ll be happy with adding him. But we all know that Murray doesn’t make those moves.

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

If you can turn Steel/Heinen or something into Kapanen then I’m ecstatic, but Rakell imo is much better than Kapanen. And swapping is the ultimate BM move that’s just going to lead us to be worse and worse. 

Rakell should go to Toronto for a 1st and Robertson or Amirov 

I don't like this proposal. Toronto will be a late first round pick, which is weak this year. Basically, a bottom 6-9 forward or borderline NHL player. Robertson is too small, 5.8" 165 pounds and is not impressive lately, Amirov plays for some KHL team - 21 games, 0 goals and 2 assists. KHL pays competitive salaries and there is no guarantee he'll come here to play in NHL. See, that's one of the reasons that our team is so weak, Bob keeps collecting too many meah prospects who turn out to be average or below average players.

37 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

I don't like this proposal. Toronto will be a late first round pick, which is weak this year. Basically, a bottom 6-9 forward or borderline NHL player. Robertson is too small, 5.8" 165 pounds and is not impressive lately, Amirov plays for some KHL team - 21 games, 0 goals and 2 assists. KHL pays competitive salaries and there is no guarantee he'll come here to play in NHL. See, that's one of the reasons that our team is so weak, Bob keeps collecting too many meah prospects who turn out to be average or below average players.

Bargain Bin BM likes his deals, cheap players, reclamation projects, hope and stary eyed ideas of past players and coaches (RC). I give him credit for thinking out side of the box sometimes, but that only works if you make good moves unilaterally. You have to draft and develop well, you have to be able to sign a good FA once in awhile, you have to make a move/trade to bring in talent sometimes, you sometimes have to do the fleasing of a GM that’s doesn't understand what he has (what happens to bobo too much). If you only bank on bargain bin tactics, you are only going to get so far. This isn’t storage wars, or going to the back of a rack at a Salvation Army and hoping to find a gem for $1. In his defense he has been limited by internal caps, and FA for some reason unwilling to come to sunny California. But still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

I think there would be more from Toronto, probably Kerfoot or Hyman to make the money work. 
I’m over caring about size. If he can play, he can play. Robertson and Amirov are both exciting young guys who can probably make a difference in 1-2 years for us. Having a late first round pick got us Perrault last year. This draft is going to be as much of a crap shoot as it gets. Bolstering the amount of shots you get at it is important. 

Also Amirov has 9 goals 4 assists in 39 GP, may not sound too impressive on paper, but keep in mind he’s playing against men in the second best league in the world at 19 years old. 

Also Amirov has 9 goals 4 assists in 39 GP, may not sound too impressive on paper, but keep in mind he’s playing against men in the second best league in the world at 19 years old. 

As far as I know he is also unsigned. There’s no chance we trade for an unsigned Russian prospect playing in the KHL. None.

Edited by dtsdlaw

15 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

As far as I know he is also unsigned. There’s no chance we trade for an unsigned Russian prospect playing in the KHL. None.

I think we gotta get over the fear of Russian players. 

I think the dislike may be mutual. For all California teams. Outside of Nabokov in San Jose, there haven’t really been many significant Russian players who have thrived in the Golden State. For whatever reason, the good Russian players don’t make it this far West.

31 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think the dislike may be mutual. For all California teams. Outside of Nabokov in San Jose, there haven’t really been many significant Russian players who have thrived in the Golden State. For whatever reason, the good Russian players don’t make it this far West.

I think there’s the same chance a player doesn’t pan out as a Russian player not wanting to play here. If you’re missing out on Panarin’s and Kaprizov’s because of some weird stereotype, then you’re running your team wrong 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I get that. Rakell is also our best trade chip right now and adding a guy like Robertson or Amirov along with a high draft pick isn’t nothing. Robertson is probably about NHL ready and Amirov was one of my favorite prospects last draft. I’m just saying that I would rather this than swapping deck chairs and flip Rakell for Kapanen. 

likeninsaid though, if Murray can flip Heinen + Steel package for Kapanen, I’ll be happy with adding him. But we all know that Murray doesn’t make those moves.

If Rakell can fetch you Robertson/Amirov + a 1st then I'd take that trade. Agree with those that say Murray trading for a Russian playing in the KHL isn't going to happen. He's already reached his quota of having one Russian in the pipeline every 10 years with Galimov.

As far as Kapanen goes, If Heinen and Steel are the main parts of the package then do it, but I don't think that comes close. Kapanen is playing really well with Malkin and they are still in win-now mode. Pittsburgh would want Rakell and if Murray did that then we'd officially be the Buffalo Sabres of Anaheim and I'd lose it. At that point he should no longer have his "Barstool Bob" moniker and just be simply referred to as "Deck Chair."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If Rakell can fetch you Robertson/Amirov + a 1st then I'd take that trade. Agree with those that say Murray trading for a Russian playing in the KHL isn't going to happen. He's already reached his quota of having one Russian in the pipeline every 10 years with Galimov.

As far as Kapanen goes, If Heinen and Steel are the main parts of the package then do it, but I don't think that comes close. Kapanen is playing really well with Malkin and they are still in win-now mode. Pittsburgh would want Rakell and if Murray did that then we'd officially be the Buffalo Sabres of Anaheim and I'd lose it. At that point he should no longer have his "Barstool Bob" moniker and just be simply referred to as "Deck Chair."

From "barstool" to "deck chair" -- sad, but well put.

I was thinking about it this morning...and...I actually hope the Samueli's can reassure Bob of his job being at least safe till the ED is over. I know that may sound backwards, but hear me out lol I think BM has made some questionable decisions recently. But he has still been the one who set up our prospects to be in pretty good shape. We have a bright looking future. He did that. Zegras, Drysdale, Dostal, Dinnen and whomever steps up with our other prospects. Add in Rakell, Gibson, Comtois, Lundestrom, Mahura...it looks bright. And that's just talking young guys! Not taking into account Getzy re-signing, Lindholm, Fowler, Silfv etc...

If he feels like his job is secure -- I think he feels less inclined to make some radical move to prove he should still have a job. Less likely to do something very crazy before ED. And may feel more inclined to do something that may be a good idea but would look bad...i.e. fire another coach or coaching staff. Hopefully he sees this season as a lottery one, and thinks about the future in his moves, not trying to make the playoffs. And hopefully the owners can make him feel that it's ok to not make the playoffs this year.

I didn't include Terry or Steel 'cause everyone here seems to be split on them. To me, jury is still out on Terry. He looks promising, but could be a bust, but he's 23, could still improve. Look at Ritchie having a career year at 25... And Steel. I think Steel is just becoming a bottom-6 C. Which is fine. Let's stop playing him like a top-6 and use him like we did Vermette...and I think we'd all be happier with him. Stop having any expectation from him, Eakins.

And yes there are still the questionable moves...and some players maybe need to go. But my point is just...I think our future is better off with BM feeling comfortable with his job security AND he can admit we aren't making the playoffs this or next season.

Just don't frak up our future, Bob.

27 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

From "barstool" to "deck chair" -- sad, but well put.

I was thinking about it this morning...and...I actually hope the Samueli's can reassure Bob of his job being at least safe till the ED is over. I know that may sound backwards, but hear me out lol I think BM has made some questionable decisions recently. But he has still been the one who set up our prospects to be in pretty good shape. We have a bright looking future. He did that. Zegras, Drysdale, Dostal, Dinnen and whomever steps up with our other prospects. Add in Rakell, Gibson, Comtois, Lundestrom, Mahura...it looks bright. And that's just talking young guys! Not taking into account Getzy re-signing, Lindholm, Fowler, Silfv etc...

If he feels like his job is secure -- I think he feels less inclined to make some radical move to prove he should still have a job. Less likely to do something very crazy before ED. And may feel more inclined to do something that may be a good idea but would look bad...i.e. fire another coach or coaching staff. Hopefully he sees this season as a lottery one, and thinks about the future in his moves, not trying to make the playoffs. And hopefully the owners can make him feel that it's ok to not make the playoffs this year.

I didn't include Terry or Steel 'cause everyone here seems to be split on them. To me, jury is still out on Terry. He looks promising, but could be a bust, but he's 23, could still improve. Look at Ritchie having a career year at 25... And Steel. I think Steel is just becoming a bottom-6 C. Which is fine. Let's stop playing him like a top-6 and use him like we did Vermette...and I think we'd all be happier with him. Stop having any expectation from him, Eakins.

And yes there are still the questionable moves...and some players maybe need to go. But my point is just...I think our future is better off with BM feeling comfortable with his job security AND he can admit we aren't making the playoffs this or next season.

Just don't frak up our future, Bob.

Yeah, that's been my take on this for a while. First, that Murray needs to go but if the Samuelis want him to stay on then they have to give him the runaway and time to do a proper rebuild. They can't have a situation where the GM's short-term interest clash with the team's long term future needs. The problem is obviously that they have put the rebuild off and up until this point of their ownership, they haven't had to really go through one. If they aren't going to actually commit to a rebuild then mediocrity is going to be the ceiling going forward, imo. The irony is that could have avoided all of the blowback and pitchforks by just doing it and communicating with the fans. Instead, the exact opposite happened and we were told with a straight face that this team could compete.

IMO, Terry is not a bust by any means. He's a 5th round pick that has exceeded his draft slot by miles (he wouldn't be the first Ducks player to do that!). 

• Like 2

Now it´s not just Rakell´s but also Terry´s name that´s popping up in the rumor mill. Meanwhile Murray and Eakins are still here. 

Every morning I wake up I´m afraid I´ll see Rakell got traded. And then I´m afraid to see what for. 

If BM trades him it´ll probably be for a third liner and we´ll probably retain 50%. 

Why don´t you take a hike BM?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Galimov has been a human highlight-reel as well. Think we drafted him with out last pick? Would be nice to sign him as well

• Like 1

Troy Terry is actually pretty good. He’s 23 and making 1.5 million. He’s the last player the team should be looking to move. Worst case scenario he’s a defensively responsible 2-3rd liner who can score and create offense. Still something the Ducks need.

32 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Troy Terry is actually pretty good. He’s 23 and making 1.5 million. He’s the last player the team should be looking to move. Worst case scenario he’s a defensively responsible 2-3rd liner who can score and create offense. Still something the Ducks need.

man...to be 23 and making 1.5 million dollars a year...

Same with Sam. Finding where they can fit in and also paying them to be in those spots in key. Terry and Steel don't disappoint at the same level if their expectations/responsibilities are less.

17 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

man...to be 23 and making 1.5 million dollars a year...

Same with Sam. Finding where they can fit in and also paying them to be in those spots in key. Terry and Steel don't disappoint at the same level if their expectations/responsibilities are less.

We shouldn’t be moving anyone like Terry, Jones, Comtois, Steel, Mahura. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

We shouldn’t be moving anyone like Terry, Jones, Comtois, Steel, Mahura. 

I am OK with moving Terry and Steel. They are not good, as simple as it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Steel for sure. His ceiling is as a decent 3C, which is basically what Lundestrom will likely be too. And Steel isn’t that great defensively and so far has been a liability on the PK. I’d trade him as soon as possible for another similarly aged prospect to see if a scenery change can do both players some good. Steel for Mittelstadt seems like a good trade IMO. Or maybe for Brett Howden or the RFA rights to Henrique Borgstrom. The room needs a shake up too, and moving Steel could also push the Gulls kids to up their development effort.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Terry is fine. Even when he’s not scoring he’s not turning the puck over or blowing assignments. I’m fine with Steel, I’ve seen enough. All a player does well isn’t always on the score sheet.

Terry is fine. Even when he’s not scoring he’s not turning the puck over or blowing assignments. I’m fine with Steel, I’ve seen enough. All a player does well isn’t always on the score sheet.

Mittelstadt for steel is an easy yes, don’t you agree? Maybe this could be the reverse wild bill. MAYBE 

1 hour ago, yeaitsme said:

Mittelstadt for steel is an easy yes, don’t you agree? Maybe this could be the reverse wild bill. MAYBE 

I wouldn’t mind. I meant that I was okay moving Steel. Although I think Steel has shown more that Mittelstadt at this point. I don’t mind that type of deck shuffling 

8 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

weird - twitter says that account is now deleted.

it will be a very quiet deadline this year because pandemic (quarantine), Salary Cap and ED Seattle... maybe the quietest ever...

I still hope we can at least trade a top 4 Defender and 1-2 protectable Forwards... do not lose a good player at ED. at the moment we will lose Heinen, Shatt or Henrique for nothing...

Maybe it's just me, but I smell a trade coming on. Maybe with Buffalo? They just benched Cody Eakins, and we waived (taxi squad) Backes. Could this be Bargain Basement Bobs big move????

36 minutes ago, JustaDucksFan said:

Maybe it's just me, but I smell a trade coming on. Maybe with Buffalo? They just benched Cody Eakins, and we waived (taxi squad) Backes. Could this be Bargain Basement Bobs big move????

Sounds about right for him.

57 minutes ago, JustaDucksFan said:

Backes was waived because he played in ten games since he last went through waivers so he needs to go through again to be sent to the taxi squad. That said, if GMBM has any sense he’ll dress Backes for 10 more games between now and April 11th so they can run him through waivers once more before the trade deadline. If he goes through waivers right before the TDL, he would be a cheap add too. The Ducks could retain 1/2 of his $4.5M cap hit and an acquiring team could then park him on their taxi squad until the playoffs (maybe ideal for a Canadian team where he’d have to quarantine anyway), which would bury another $1.075M of his cap hit. His base salary this season is also only $3M, 25% of which Boston is paying, and the rest will be prorated. So an acquiring team would really only be paying him about $550K for the rest of the season if they got him at the deadline. I also think Backes could get a 3rd Rounder in this draft. Teams won’t be valuing draft picks as highly this year due to a weak draft class and the lack of an opportunity to scout. He’s also proving he can still be effective in a bottom-6 role and as a penalty killer and locker room presence, and I’m hoping he gets a chance for one more playoff run. It would also be nice if Bob could clear that $2.25M in cap space.

Now watch Backes sit the next five games... <_<

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

it will be a very quiet deadline this year because pandemic (quarantine), Salary Cap and ED Seattle... maybe the quietest ever...

I still hope we can at least trade a top 4 Defender and 1-2 protectable Forwards... do not lose a good player at ED. at the moment we will lose Heinen, Shatt or Henrique for nothing...

There are a lot of expiring contracts for good players that are on teams that won’t make the playoffs. I think we’ll actually see a lot of movement for those players, but not for players who have term remaining since that will (a) complicate ED plans, and (b) come with higher price tags. I also expect that draft picks will be moved more easily since it’s a down year for the draft and due to the pandemic, but I’d be surprised to see many prospects moved. Not too many teams are going to be ok with losing a prospect at the TDL and a player in expansion draft.