The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

46 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

They're short Dmen, that's why they'd be even thinking Manson.  They wouldn't send a Dman in return and still be short.

Good Point....just wondering if Ducks should kick tires on some forwards.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I think what we need to do is find a team looking for the playoffs this season....BUT will LIKELY be very bad the FOLLOWING season...and pry their 2022 1st (unprotected) from them....lol so what playoff potential team is probably showing signs they are better than they really are right now? Or about to fall off a cliff?

Florida? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Arizona? Winnipeg? Montreal? Calgary?

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think what we need to do is find a team looking for the playoffs this season....BUT will LIKELY be very bad the FOLLOWING season...and pry their 2022 1st (unprotected) from them....lol so what playoff potential team is probably showing signs they are better than they really are right now? Or about to fall off a cliff?

Florida? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Arizona? Winnipeg? Montreal? Calgary?

The next 3 games for the Blues will be big. Maybe we could land Beauvillier from the Islanders for either Rakell or Manson .

Svechnikov (DET) on waivers today. Since we're now ok with collecting Russians, I kinda want GMBM to grab him, just to make me feel like we gave up Djoos for something:lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Svechnikov (DET) on waivers today. Since we're now ok with collecting Russians, I kinda want GMBM to grab him, just to make me feel like we gave up Djoos for something:lol:

This will be the second time they’ve put him through! Grab him !

41 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

his stats this year aren't horrible... he's pretty cheap too.  wonder if VAN will grab him?

image.png.eea51d705b2498bcf0e1190112cc06d8.png

Has anyone heard anything on Blake McLaughlin? He had a good junior year at Minnesota with 28 points in 31 games and will be a UFA next season if the Ducks do not sign him. I thought he'd be part of the recent wave of college players who signed their entry level contracts and go to the Gulls. He's not a game breaker but a good defensive forward that I'd think the Ducks would want in the system, especially as a 3rd round pick. 

• Like 1

Seeing that I guess Bob is listening to calls for Manson. Good he's listening and also good that what I read was teams will need to "step up" if they want him...I'm glad he's not gonna sell a player for a poor return....I'm sure he's looking for a first rounder either this coming draft or 2022 draft...HOPEFULLY the 2022 draft...unprotected :) 

18 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Seeing that I guess Bob is listening to calls for Manson. Good he's listening and also good that what I read was teams will need to "step up" if they want him...I'm glad he's not gonna sell a player for a poor return....I'm sure he's looking for a first rounder either this coming draft or 2022 draft...HOPEFULLY the 2022 draft...unprotected :) 

I worry about Manson being moved without a Hakanpaa extension in place. Next season will be rough if our only RHDs are a 33-year-old Shattenkirk and a 19-year-old Drysdale. If that's the right side of our defense, GMBM might do something stupid like kick the tires on Anthony Deangelo or throw a bunch of money at Cody Ceci.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I worry about Manson being moved without a Hakanpaa extension in place. Next season will be rough if our only RHDs are a 33-year-old Shattenkirk and a 19-year-old Drysdale. If that's the right side of our defense, GMBM might do something stupid like kick the tires on Anthony Deangelo or throw a bunch of money at Cody Ceci.

true true...although Bob has said he doesn't care about right or left...

On 4/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, dtsdlaw said:

I'm more worried about Hakanpaa being viewed as a replacement for Manson. His latest absence due to injury made it abundantly clear that Hakanpaa is nowhere near as good as Manson, and our PK is basically cannon fodder without Manson and Lindholm in the lineup.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:43 AM, Jasoaks said:

true true...although Bob has said he doesn't care about right or left...

Wait wait wait......  Bungling Bob do something stupid???  Look up "stupid" in the dictionary and you will find his picture.....Hey Vodka Bob, offer to much $ and some more NMC to insignificant players.....That is why the Ducks are rubbing the top of the cap with one of the teams with the most losses.

55 minutes ago, nieder said:

I'm more worried about Hakanpaa being viewed as a replacement for Manson. His latest absence due to injury made it abundantly clear that Hakanpaa is nowhere near as good as Manson, and our PK is basically cannon fodder without Manson and Lindholm in the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if GMBM still envisions 47-22 as his top-pair. I'd also argue 4-42 last season was not any better than 4-28 has been this season. Manson and Fowler just don't work well together IMO. And 4-28 was much better when Lindholm was healthy at the start of the season. Hakanpaa is playing way over his head right now with Lindholm out because 4-28 have to play much tougher minutes.

Personally, I'd rather come back with 47-42, 4-28, [LHD]-Drysdale next season and figure out a way to move on from Shattenkirk..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Personally, I'd rather come back with 47-42, 4-28, [LHD]-Drysdale next season and figure out a way to move on from Shattenkirk..

I could really be OK with this.... 47-42 has always been the best. 4-28 is the best we've seen in a while for fowler....and well....man Drysdale is looking great regardless of who's next to him. ....could be Thrun, Mahura, Lacombe, Guhle, Benoit???

4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I could really be OK with this.... 47-42 has always been the best. 4-28 is the best we've seen in a while for fowler....and well....man Drysdale is looking great regardless of who's next to him. ....could be Thrun, Mahura, Lacombe, Guhle, Benoit???

I'd even be fine with bringing back Hutton on a 1-year deal. Anyone but Larsson...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

well, Gbud and Fowler were better.  if we could ship the Shatt and someone else for Gbud... though i should check his stats this season before saying that...

oof.  OTT has been sucking it, and Gbud... it's hard to say given how his team has done.  

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

well, Gbud and Fowler were better.  if we could ship the Shatt and someone else for Gbud... though i should check his stats this season before saying that...

oof.  OTT has been sucking it, and Gbud... it's hard to say given how his team has done.  

I forgot about Gdub....lol

19 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Wait wait wait......  Bungling Bob do something stupid???  Look up "stupid" in the dictionary and you will find his picture.....Hey Vodka Bob, offer to much $ and some more NMC to insignificant players.....That is why the Ducks are rubbing the top of the cap with one of the teams with the most losses.

ONE player has a NMC and that is Getzlaf.

• Like 1

Saw a rumor that bob is looking for a first round and a prospect for Manson. I mean, I have no idea what team that is in the playoff hunt that has a promising prospect they can give up and has a 1st rounder this season or next AND needs a RHD...

I mean, I don't think the jets are willing to part with Perfetti...and not sure how excited we'd be for Robertson from the Leafs...i mean, if the Kings were looking better....wouldn't mind talking Kayliev off their hands :P 

Probably thinking too high of a ceiling for the prospect we could get...but hey! this is the rumors and WISHES section :P 

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

ONE player has a NMC and that is Getzlaf.  WRONG AGAIN!

NO-TRADE CLAUSES

• David Backes (15-team trade list)

• Cam Fowler (4-team trade list)

• Adam Henrique (10-team no-trade list)

• Josh Manson (12-team no-trade list)

• Kevin Shattenkirk (12-team no-trade list)

• Jakob Silfverberg (12-team no-trade list)

NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSES

• Ryan Getzlaf

• Ryan Kesler

For the purpose of a trade deadline and a dying team a NMC and a NTC have the same effect.  Harder to trade obviously

24 minutes ago, ChopSuey said:

NO-TRADE CLAUSES

NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSES

• Ryan Getzlaf

• Ryan Kesler

For the purpose of a trade deadline and a dying team a NMC and a NTC have the same effect.  Harder to trade obviously

I'm pretty sure most teams have some kind of no trade for their top players. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChopSuey said:

NO-TRADE CLAUSES

NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSES

• Ryan Getzlaf

• Ryan Kesler

who on this list is insignificant when their contract was signed? ...can't say Backes, 'cause I'm pretty sure we inherited his NTC, Bob didn't sign that.

Maybe you don't like Shatt...I mean...does anyone here right now? lol but he is still 2nd on the blueline in points and has been a significant player for better or for worse.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Saw a rumor that bob is looking for a first round and a prospect for Manson. I mean, I have no idea what team that is in the playoff hunt that has a promising prospect they can give up and has a 1st rounder this season or next AND needs a RHD...

I mean, I don't think the jets are willing to part with Perfetti...and not sure how excited we'd be for Robertson from the Leafs...i mean, if the Kings were looking better....wouldn't mind talking Kayliev off their hands :P 

Probably thinking too high of a ceiling for the prospect we could get...but hey! this is the rumors and WISHES section :P 

It's being reported various places this morning that Winnipeg is on Manson's no-trade list. There was discussion earlier this season about the Canadian teams being on many players' no-trade lists because of Canada's quarantine requirements, so Toronto may be out too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Vancouver situation makes more guys reluctant to waive NTCs at the TDL. You get the sense that many NHL players, especially the ones with families, would prefer to just hunker down and stay where they are this season. That seems to be why Pearson just re-signed for well below market value with the Canucks.

1 hour ago, ChopSuey said:

NO-TRADE CLAUSES

NO-MOVEMENT CLAUSES

• Ryan Getzlaf

• Ryan Kesler

If you're going to quote me, do it correctly. I never said "wrong again."  There is a huge difference between a NMC and a modified (see your list) NTC. And YOU said NMC in your original post, there was no mention of NTC. My point was there is only 1 player that has one (that has any impact on our cap). I know Kesler also has one, but it doesn't really affect us salary wise since the $ amount becomes available via LTIR.  

Edited by dukitup
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I like Shattenkirk.  I think he's getting the ire of fans because he struggled to begin the season when he was the shiny new toy whose acquisition was universally praised.  I also think he's being misused as a result of poor coaching and poor roster construction (and bad injury luck).  I think he's looked a lot better the last 20 games or so when he hasn't been asked to play top defensive minutes.  Ideally, he'd be on your second pairing alongside a positionally sound, physical d-man, and he'd QB your power play (think Fredrik Olausson or Sandis Ozolinch alongside Ruslan Salei).  He'd play 19 - 20 minutes a night instead of 21 - 22.  In an ideal world, given what the Ducks have on the roster, you play Shattenkirk with Lindholm and Manson with Fowler, but move Manson up with Lindholm for tough defensive zone assignments and to protect leads.  You play Drysdale on the third pairing with...Ben Hutton, I guess, but preferably someone who's not on the roster.  I know people have fallen in love with Hakanpaa, and he has exceeded expectations; but he's come back to earth big time recently and he's only getting big minutes because Lindholm is out and Fowler can't seem to play nicely with others unless they're lumbering, no-offense behemoths.

Because of the roster construction (including the emergence of Drysdale), I'm okay getting rid of Shattenkirk if you can find a taker for him.  But in an ideal world, Fowler figures out how to play with someone who's not bad, we ship out Manson, Drysdale moves up next season to work with Lindholm, and Shattenkirk can play more sheltered minutes alongside a solid defensive defenseman.  But while I'm wishing, I'd like a million bucks.

I'm on the opposite side. I hate the Shattenkirk signing, and I think his play has been very poor for what he is being paid and expected to do for us. I mean, when GMBM signed him, it was basically understood that Shattenkirk was here to improve our PP. How's that worked out? His contract is also terrible. His base salary is only $2.5M this season, but it balloons to $4.25M next season (age 33) and $4.95M in the final year (age 34). Shattenkirk becomes almost unmovable the longer that contract goes. His signing is also primarily responsible for pushing the Ducks into using Kesler's LTIR this season, which means they haven't been able to accrue any cap space that they could have used at the TDL to acquire assets. No single roster decision signifies GMBM being out of touch with the state of his team more than Shattenkirk's signing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g20topdogg said:

I'm pretty sure most teams have some kind of no trade for their top players. 

I checked and we have the most.  Several teams have surprisingly few.  I you would like the link, let me know

14 minutes ago, ChopSuey said:

I checked and we have the most.  Several teams have surprisingly few.  I you would like the link, let me know

Please share the link you have, because the very first team I checked on Capfriendly (Toronto) has more than we do.

Ducks: NMC: Getzlaf, Kesler; NTC: Rico, Silfverberg, Backes, Manson, Fowler, Shattenkirk

Toronto: NMC: Tavares, Thornton, Brodie, Muzzin; NTC: Reilly, Hyman, Simmonds, Freddie, Bogosian, Holl

I'll wait to check others until you post the link.

[Edit: Second team I checked (Tampa) has 9 NTC/NMCs.]

[Edit #2: Vancouver has 11.]

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Please share the link you have, because the very first team I checked on Capfriendly (Toronto) has more than we do.

Ducks: NMC: Getzlaf, Kesler; NTC: Rico, Silfverberg, Backes, Manson, Fowler, Shattenkirk

Toronto: NMC: Tavares, Thornton, Brodie, Muzzin; NTC: Reilly, Hyman, Simmonds, Freddie, Bogosian, Holl

I'll wait to check others until you post the link.

I'm not really sure why it's a big issue anyway. NTCs are reasonably common for veterans, and you can always ask a player to waive. I'm not a big fan of the NMC as it gives you zero room to move but we only really have one of those and it ends this season.

Edit: You can basically class Fowler's as a NMC though, a 4 team trade list basically ties your hands except for a pinky.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I like Shattenkirk.  I think he's getting the ire of fans because he struggled to begin the season when he was the shiny new toy whose acquisition was universally praised.  I also think he's being misused as a result of poor coaching and poor roster construction (and bad injury luck).  I think he's looked a lot better the last 20 games or so when he hasn't been asked to play top defensive minutes.  Ideally, he'd be on your second pairing alongside a positionally sound, physical d-man, and he'd QB your power play (think Fredrik Olausson or Sandis Ozolinch alongside Ruslan Salei).  He'd play 19 - 20 minutes a night instead of 21 - 22.  In an ideal world, given what the Ducks have on the roster, you play Shattenkirk with Lindholm and Manson with Fowler, but move Manson up with Lindholm for tough defensive zone assignments and to protect leads.  You play Drysdale on the third pairing with...Ben Hutton, I guess, but preferably someone who's not on the roster.  I know people have fallen in love with Hakanpaa, and he has exceeded expectations; but he's come back to earth big time recently and he's only getting big minutes because Lindholm is out and Fowler can't seem to play nicely with others unless they're lumbering, no-offense behemoths.

Because of the roster construction (including the emergence of Drysdale), I'm okay getting rid of Shattenkirk if you can find a taker for him.  But in an ideal world, Fowler figures out how to play with someone who's not bad, we ship out Manson, Drysdale moves up next season to work with Lindholm, and Shattenkirk can play more sheltered minutes alongside a solid defensive defenseman.  But while I'm wishing, I'd like a million bucks.

At what point do we put Drysdale back on his natural side of the ice? Forcing a kid with 10 NHL games to play the opposite side is crazy to me. Do we see him as a long term right side option? If so then we essentially have 3x top 4 guys for the right side - Shat, Manson and Drysdale. One of them is surely gone before the start of next season unless we plan on playing a guy making $4M per season on the third pair.

It's being reported various places this morning that Winnipeg is on Manson's no-trade list. There was discussion earlier this season about the Canadian teams being on many players' no-trade lists because of Canada's quarantine requirements, so Toronto may be out too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Vancouver situation makes more guys reluctant to waive NTCs at the TDL. You get the sense that many NHL players, especially the ones with families, would prefer to just hunker down and stay where they are this season. That seems to be why Pearson just re-signed for well below market value with the Canucks.

ya, I mean, I think inter-national trades are probably gonna be really rare. But I think you're right. Most players are gonna be interested in just staying with their current teams.

I'm on the opposite side. I hate the Shattenkirk signing, and I think his play has been very poor for what he is being paid and expected to do for us. I mean, when GMBM signed him, it was basically understood that Shattenkirk was here to improve our PP. How's that worked out? His contract is also terrible. His base salary is only $2.5M this season, but it balloons to $4.25M next season (age 33) and $4.95M in the final year (age 34). Shattenkirk becomes almost unmovable the longer that contract goes. His signing is also primarily responsible for pushing the Ducks into using Kesler's LTIR this season, which means they haven't been able to accrue any cap space that they could have used at the TDL to acquire assets. No single roster decision signifies GMBM being out of touch with the state of his team more than Shattenkirk's signing.

I'm more on this side, too. I was originally meaning that I see him play and it's just so poor shift to shift for the most part...but then you look at his points and he IS producing...it makes me wonder how...'cause I feel like I hardly seem him produce lol but he has. 

12 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

DAMN! NMC for Thornton??? But nothing for Matthews, Nylander, and Marner???? wow! I would not have expected this to be the list....