Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

Just now, Fisix said:

i don't think Getz's cap hit at this point of the season is anywhere near $8, and I think with prorating and the way his contract worked, he is exceedingly cheap for the remainder of this season.

i think Toronto might still have 2+ million... i think they could swing Getz.

So far we've only heard that he'd waive the NMC for Vegas though because he wants to be close to home. Vegas doesn't have the cap space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

So far we've only heard that he'd waive the NMC for Vegas though because he wants to be close to home. Vegas doesn't have the cap space.

yeah, i'm not sure i buy the vegas rumor thing.  but even if true, Toronto I think is a second home to him.  doesn't Getz have family up there still?  plus, I think Corey built his new house in the general area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Rumor has it Philadelphia might move Nolan Patrick. I’d be interested. Injuries have held him back. 

I'm interested too, but he would require an ED protection spot and I'm not sure he would fit into our ED scheme unless GMBM has a deal worked out ahead of time. Maybe we can get him after the ED. Maybe something like Milano + 3rd? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

He's happy with the roster and current contracts, cut him some slack.

we are a playoff team.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

He's happy with the roster and current contracts, cut him some slack.

If he's happy with the status quo, it will be a very tough 2-3 years as Ducks fans. We're not a team on the cusp of being a playoff team....we're far from it, and have been far from it for 2 years. 

I didn't expect them to add a big name player or even a roster player by any means today. But I did hope for a couple trades that would give them the best financial situation going into the summer to make important moves. 

Edited by gilligoos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posters on here are totally tone deaf. REPEATEDLY it's been mentioned why Murray doesn't need to do anything significant TODAY. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

He's happy with the roster and current contracts, cut him some slack.

I don't know about that exactly, but the returns seem very low at this deadline. Murray may be making the smart move by waiting until the offseason to move any big pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gilligoos said:

If he's happy with the status quo, it will be a very tough 2-3 years as Ducks fans. We're not a team on the cusp of being a playoff team....we're far from it, and have been far from it for 2 years. 

I didn't expect them to add a big name player or even a roster player by any means today. But I did hope for a couple trades that would give them the best financial situation going into the summer to make important moves. 

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for.  That and perhaps trading someone for a decent Draft Pick or a quality prospect.  Instead it looks like status quo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nieder said:

I don't know about that exactly, but the returns seem very low at this deadline. Murray may be making the smart move by waiting until the offseason to move any big pieces.

Well, I would hate to lose someone like Rakell or Manson and get nothing in return.  But perhaps nobody wanted either of them enough to be willing to trade anyone decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Retaliation?

That would be so cold you'd almost have to hope it was strictly a hockey deal. I don't doubt there's a number of people in the Canucks organization upset at him for being patient-zero but it's not like he purposely brought it into their locker room. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Posters on here are totally tone deaf. REPEATEDLY it's been mentioned why Murray doesn't need to do anything significant TODAY. 

It's like shouting into the wind, my friend. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Well, I would hate to lose someone like Rakell or Manson and get nothing in return.  But perhaps nobody wanted either of them enough to be willing to trade anyone decent.

It's just a perfect storm for being a bad seller's market. Flat cap, expansion draft coming up so teams don't want to give up decent prospects and then have to protect new assets at the ED. The same assets like Rakell and Manson likely have more value this offseason after the ED than they do right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PetrSykora said:

That would be so cold you'd almost have to hope it was strictly a hockey deal. I don't doubt there's a number of people in the Canucks organization upset at him for being patient-zero but it's not like he purposely brought it into their locker room. 

Can't remember which podcast I was listening to (maybe Friedman?), but it sounded like maybe the organization was upset with him enough that he wasn't going to be welcomed back into the room when they started up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Posters on here are totally tone deaf. REPEATEDLY it's been mentioned why Murray doesn't need to do anything significant TODAY. 

Fair enough.  But when was the last time he even did anything significant?

I'm sure in the off season he'll pull off some great signing like the last one, when he signed Shattenkirk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nieder said:

It's just a perfect storm for being a bad seller's market. Flat cap, expansion draft coming up so teams don't want to give up decent prospects and then have to protect new assets at the ED. The same assets like Rakell and Manson likely have more value this offseason after the ED than they do right now.

My issue is that we’ll have to protect them in the ED just to trade them as rentals. Maybe you’re right. But just feels like more bad asset management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it Murray. You could have traded Rakell and Manson, for a 2nd or a 3rd.  DO SOMETHING. Just make a deal. We don't care the return.  🙄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I absolutely think they can get more this summer, unlike in normal years. Every team will be losing a player in the ED, which means that every roster will watered down to some extent and more teams will need to find players to fill holes. At the TDL, you also only have a finite number of teams that want to add a player, and even fewer with the cap space to do it (even even fewer still that have the cap space next season due to the flat cap and having their own RFAs to sign). So your pool of suitors is unreasonably small and you can't pit the bidders against each other like you would be able to over the summer. In contrast, during the summer (post-ED) you'll have 31 other teams interested in acquiring the player. All of this year's playoffs teams will also be more willing to move a roster player out over the summer to acquire a player, which pretty much never happens at the TDL. For the guys who only have one year left, they also can't sign an extension until July 1st (or whatever date the new season starts this year), so if you trade them during the summer it also allows teams to negotiate an extension with them concurrently with the trade, which can also increase their trade value.

If Murray wants to hold onto Rakell/Manson/Lindholm until the offseason and can add a first round pick in the 2022 draft rather than this one then I’d be happy with that but I have a feeling he’d want a 2021 pick and prospect because he’ll be making that pick and may be gone by the 2022 draft. If Murray can pull off a solid prospect on top of it then I’ll applaud him. I hope you’re right about the value being not being as depressed in the offseason. 

It’s just weird that as of now they’ve done nothing outside of trading for Volkov. 
 

Edit: Add Hutton to Toronto on the Ducks trade log.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dukitup said:

Damn it Murray. You could have traded Rakell and Manson, for a 2nd or a 3rd.  DO SOMETHING. Just make a deal. We don't care the return.  🙄

That’s an incredible straw man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Can't remember which podcast I was listening to (maybe Friedman?), but it sounded like maybe the organization was upset with him enough that he wasn't going to be welcomed back into the room when they started up again.

WOW! i mean....ugh...i heard rumors it was at the owners restaurant it happened too....was it here I read that? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gilligoos said:

If he's happy with the status quo, it will be a very tough 2-3 years as Ducks fans.

He's not happy with the status quo, which is why he won't get rid of good players for terrible offers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

Probably for a bag of dirty laundry left in the corner by Vancouver the last time they were in town.  I'd say no thanks to the return and just let them have Hutton.

Murray got something for Hutton! I’ll give him a golf clap for that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...