The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

4 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

6th rounder...

nice now we have 5-6 defender to protect... stupid move

If Seattle want to take Fleury then essentially we would have lost Hakanpaa (a UFA) and a pick to the expansion draft. That would be fantastic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nieder said:

If Seattle want to take Fleury then essentially we would have lost Hakanpaa (a UFA) and a pick to the expansion draft. That would be fantastic.

good point. but I hoped we can ship some must protect players away... we still have 1-2 D and 2 F too many

3 minutes ago, nieder said:

thats what i was thinking too...or we lose Mahura...but then we have Fleury!

10 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Something's weird.  TSN says we traded a player we didn't have to Washington for a 5th rounder.  Michael Raffl?

They've changed it to Flyers (which is where Raffl played).  We'll see if that was just a typo or a mistake where it is still part of a 3-way.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nieder said:

Fleury plays both sides of the ice though I think.

Yeah, I think he was playing the right side as Gardiner's partner. A big, young 3rd pair guy who can play both sides. Welp, couldn't be any worse than Larsson, could he? COULD HE??? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Now we all just pray he doesn't give Hutton a 3 x $1.5M boomerang contract this summer like he did with Grant!

Don’t make me sad after I gave him a compliment! Bob Murray hasn’t answered my prayers for years.

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

You’d think. But Fleury is 24, so I like flipping Hakanpaa for him 

3 minutes ago, nieder said:

Fleury plays both sides of the ice though I think.

Ahhh, that’s good to know but now the question is what happens with the ED. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yeah, I think he was playing the right side as Gardiner's partner. A big, young 3rd pair guy who can play both sides. Welp, couldn't be any worse than Larsson, could he? COULD HE??? 

Not sure how anybody could be worse.

Larsson is only still here to fill the minimum exposure requirement for the expansion draft, right? Though now Fleury fills that so Larsson can pack his sh*t.

Edited by nieder

...I feel like when a lot of GMs hear the trade deadline is 3pm EST on Monday...they take it as...ok, so at 3pm EST on Monday is when I make my final decisions. This is the equivalent of students who keep writing down answers after the teacher says pencils down lol

• Like 1

Just now, HockeyIzCool said:

So it sounds like we didn't trade any core player, and got a couple of decent players in return?

its frustrating... I hoped we will at least trade one "core players"... not even Deslauriers is gone...

Just now, nieder said:

Not sure how anybody could be worse.

Larsson is only still here to fill the minimum exposure requirement for the expansion draft, right? Though now Fleury fills that so Larsson can pack his sh*t.

We have Fowler, Manson, Lindholm and Shattenkirk that all meet the games/contract requirement, so I thought we were covered unless GMBM decided to go 4f-4D (which I doubt). Regardless, I still think GMBM is going to do a deal with Seattle, so the concern over adding or subtracting players from this roster is likely going to be moot.

3 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

its frustrating... I hoped we will at least trade one "core players"... not even Deslauriers is gone...

something could *still* happen, but i would have been shocked...i think the core player trade is gonna happen after the ED.

Just now, Jasoaks said:

something could *still* happen, but i would have been shocked...i think the core player trade is gonna happen after the ED.

after ED is too late, we have 9 Fs and 5 Ds to protect...  I said it before: every player of this 14 players (and over 23 y old) get traded I am happy.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Mantha has 3 more years at 5.7 mil per on his contract. Yzerman signeth you, yzerman tradeth you.

Imagine what Rakell would gave us... frustrating.

the 2 moves were okay, but not enough in a rebuild!

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

after ED is too late, we have 9 Fs and 5 Ds to protect...  I said it before: every player of this 14 players (and over 23 y old) get traded I am happy.

9 fs and 5 ds?? what? what do you mean? After the ED is not too late. You only lose 1 player in the ED. Don't need to sell super low on everyone to be able to protect every single player you like...when you can lose one player and then sell high after the ED when other teams don't need to worry about protecting spots.

Imagine what Rakell would gave us... frustrating

guessing very little....probably would give us something better after the ED.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

9 fs and 5 ds?? what? what do you mean? After the ED is not too late. You only lose 1 player in the ED. Don't need to sell super low on everyone to be able to protect every single player you like...when you can lose one player and then sell high after the ED when other teams don't need to worry about protecting spots.

guessing very little....probably would give us something better after the ED.

Mantha < Rakell

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

9 fs and 5 ds??

9 forwards and 5 defender I would protect. D after we protect Manson, Fowler and Lindholm we lose Mahura or Shatt (or Fleury if he turns to a good one, not forget, he is a 7th overall). and Fw we have 9 (you can choose 7... Heinen, Henrique, Silfverberg, Rakell, Terry, Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom, Milano)

41 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'm guessing it's been quite a roller coaster 10 minutes for Josh Mahura...

?  i don't follow...

Bob's love for former 1st round busts continues to amaze me. That Fleury guy has 1 point (assist) in 35 games played.  Welcome to warm bodies club!

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

?  i don't follow...

They moved out Hutton (a LHD) which looked like they opened up a roster spot. Then a few minutes later they added Fleury (a LHD) which looks like they closed the roster spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

They moved out Hutton (a LHD) which looked like they opened up a roster spot. Then a few minutes later they added Fleury (a LHD) which looks like they closed the roster spot.

now i get it, thanks!  so, do we see Larsson every game night from here on out, or does he sit through to next preseason (perhaps on an expansion team or their AHL affiliate)?

Mantha < Rakell

9 forwards and 5 defender I would protect. D after we protect Manson, Fowler and Lindholm we lose Mahura or Shatt (or Fleury if he turns to a good one, not forget, he is a 7th overall). and Fw we have 9 (you can choose 7... Heinen, Henrique, Silfverberg, Rakell, Terry, Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom, Milano)

Well, Mantha is younger was a higher pick so maybe has a higher ceiling...bigger? I can't imagine BM would have denied a deal like Mantha got if he could get that...considering he was at least looking for a prospect/1st rounder.

Also, so, if we lose Mahura or Shatt (unlikely) or Fleury....we still have 2 of those players...and then that would mean we lost ZERO forwards. Also, don't need to protect Comtois and likely protecting Rico, Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lundy, Heinen....so that would leave Milano and Steel being exposed...

So between Milano, Steel, Mahura, Shatt, Fleury...you're just losing 1. And it's unlikely to be Shatt. Unlikely to be Milano (injuries, so I would imagine just not enough to see it's worth it). And if we lose one of Mahura or Fluery...we still have the other. Also, I'd imagine leaving Rico exposed is unlikely he gets taken, too. 

8 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Bob's love for former 1st round busts continues to amaze me. That Fleury guy has 1 point (assist) in 35 games played.  Welcome to warm bodies club!

He's a defensive defenseman.

13 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Mantha < Rakell

Every team is going to lose somebody in the expansion draft. You can't just trade all your players away so that you won't lose anyone.

• Like 1

_     
                                      /    _,'|     
                                     /_ _,'   |
                                    $$;'     _;
                    ,-'-._    ,-'. ,-'    _.'
                    \     `-,'  ,-'    _,'
   _od8PP8booo   ,....       ;,'    ,,'  _____
 d8P''         ,'     \   _,'    ,-' ,oo8P"""Y8.
 `'             `-.    i,'    ,-',odPP''      8b
                   `-,'    ,-',o8P'          ,8P
                .',-'   ,-',o8P'             d8
             .'.-'  _,-',o8P'               ,8P
           ',-'  _,' _o8P'                  dP
8bo,     _,'  _,'  ,dP'                    d8
  Y8'    \ ,,'  ,o8P'                    _op'                     _,d8P
  dP      '  ,o8P'                     ,o8'                   ,oo8P"'
  Yb     _oo8P'                      ,dP'                 ,odPP''
   Ybooo8P''                       ,dP'              _,odPP'
     ''                           o8'            _oo8P"'
                                ,8P         _,odPP''
                               d8'    __,odPP"'
                               Y8oooo8PP"'
                                ~~~~~~

18 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Mantha < Rakell

I'm not sure what the issue is there. The Ducks go 7F, 3D. Manson, Fowler, Lindholm on D and out of the F listed, Rakell, Terry, Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom. That's only 5. Heinen was almost traded this year, so there really are no plans for him going forward. Henrique on waivers, no plan either. Silfverberg is getting older and shouldn't be part of the team when the Ducks make the playoffs next (not happening anytime soon), Milano never gets played, not sure why he was resigned but looks like no plans either. Comtois is ED exempt, so he shouldn't be on your list which only leaves 8F.

If the Ducks lose one of Henrique, Shattenkirk, Larson in the ED, then that's great for them. Henrique and Shattenkirk are on terrible contracts. If they can lose one, bonus.