The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i wonder what Buffalo is like, hockey player wise, being so close to Toronto.

It's a great hockey town.  Old time players like Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Rene Robert - the French connection line - great fans.  Genessee cream draft beer, butt cold weather - I don't know what happened to the team.  Poor ownership/management obviously.  I hope they get things back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

It's a great hockey town.  Old time players like Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Rene Robert - the French connection line - great fans.  Genessee cream draft beer, butt cold weather - I don't know what happened to the team.  Poor ownership/management obviously.  I hope they get things back.

they lost miller.

I mean, yeah it happened a bit ago, but when you get a goalie like him and have him for so long...it's hard to just come back from that without anyone really lined up. Look at the Devils, Wings, Avs...I think Buffalo sees a different fate if they were able to get stable good goaltending after Miller left.

Curious how the Kings are gonna do once Quick is gone....

Somehow we've been super lucky after Giguere with just stellar goalie after stellar goalie

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Barstool should have been fired and sent to the Upside Down two years ago.

Pretty much. I’m fully braced for the Ducks trading for Eichel. I think that Murray is desperate, the fan base has mostly turned on him and Eichel is a big name that he and ownership can appease them with. We’d then just have to wait until Eichel gets fed up with not being noticeably closer to a Cup and demands a out of town when he’ll have trade protection lol.

Bob is not only Desperate his days are almost up...well Countdown is....as for Eichel gotta wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Bob is not only Desperate his days are almost up...well Countdown is....as for Eichel gotta wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Which is why he shouldn’t be making this decision or the trade at all. Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM. This would all ultimately fall on ownership though. I hope Eichel saves the Ducks from themselves by letting them know that he doesn’t want to play here.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

On 6/24/2021 at 5:28 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Which is why he shouldn’t be making this decision or the trade at all. Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM. This would all ultimately fall on ownership though. I hope Eichel saves the Ducks from themselves by letting them know that he doesn’t want to play here.

Just Hope our Ducks have a Plan B just in Case Jack deal does not come through.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 6/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. Do you mean like...other GMs see him as someone they can take advantage of? Or someone they should look at trading with? I would disagree with the former as I believe BM is a well respected GM across the league...just from what I've heard over the years on broadcasts and the such. I always got that sense.

Agents on the other hand.....haha

On 6/22/2021 at 9:20 PM, Jasoaks said:

they lost miller.

I mean, yeah it happened a bit ago, but when you get a goalie like him and have him for so long...it's hard to just come back from that without anyone really lined up. Look at the Devils, Wings, Avs...I think Buffalo sees a different fate if they were able to get stable good goaltending after Miller left.

Curious how the Kings are gonna do once Quick is gone....

Somehow we've been super lucky after Giguere with just stellar goalie after stellar goalie

I think a lot of Ducks fans don't realise how lucky this team has been with goaltending. It seems like we always have that next star in the pipeline ready to go. We've gone from Giguere to Hiller to Andersen to Gibson, and now Dostal is supposed to be the next big thing.

Some teams have been looking for an answer in net for the last decade or more. Buffalo since Miller left is a good example. Also look at Philadelphia - they thought they had the answer in Bryz and that was a disaster. Now they have Carter Hart who was awful last season, hopefully he turns it around.

4 hours ago, nieder said:

I think a lot of Ducks fans don't realise how lucky this team has been with goaltending. It seems like we always have that next star in the pipeline ready to go. We've gone from Giguere to Hiller to Andersen to Gibson, and now Dostal is supposed to be the next big thing.

Some teams have been looking for an answer in net for the last decade or more. Buffalo since Miller left is a good example. Also look at Philadelphia - they thought they had the answer in Bryz and that was a disaster. Now they have Carter Hart who was awful last season, hopefully he turns it around.

completely agree! Bryz, too can be added to our list even though he was never the starter.

He was good. Man...for more than 1 reason...really wish him and Arizona made it to the finals in 2012....he fell apart in Philly.

I don't understand why...like...we've been through goalie coaches etc...there's no consistent anything to why we'd have such good goalie after goalie.

Avs after Roy, Wings after their combo of Hasek, Osgood...Devils after Brodeur.

I really don't think Grubauer is the actual answer in net for the Avs. Nor Blackwood for NJ. I'm willing to be proven wrong. And I know Grubauer may win the Vezina...but...I dunno. He doesn't look like he really has "it"

Wings should look into getting Wallstedt lol Howard was never gonna do it.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I don't understand why...like...we've been through goalie coaches etc...there's no consistent anything to why we'd have such good goalie after goalie.

I believe Sudarshan Maharaj is pretty well regarded as a goaltender coach. 
although. With Gibson and Dostal, it’s not really any transformations. Murray just hasn’t been shy about drafting good goaltenders. I think Gibson was #1 ranked goaltender in 2011 and they drafted him in the second round. Dostal was also ranked #1 by ESPN his draft year and they got him in the third round. They also traded for Andersen. So I think Anaheim is really good at identifying goaltending talent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

although. With Gibson and Dostal, it’s not really any transformations. Murray just hasn’t been shy about drafting good goaltenders. I think Gibson was #1 ranked goaltender in 2011 and they drafted him in the second round. Dostal was also ranked #1 by ESPN his draft year and they got him in the third round. They also traded for Andersen. So I think Anaheim is really good at identifying goaltending talent. 

They drafted Freddie in 2012 (though we did acquire the pick we used on him in a trade). He was originally drafted by Carolina in 2010 but they couldn’t agree on a contract so he went back into the draft. We got him in the 3rd round. The Ducks ability to draft and develop netminders has been their #1 strength for the past 15 years. We’re a very lucky fan base in that respect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think he is, too! And before that we had Allaire who is iconic. Did we have anyone after Allaire before Maharaj? I wonder if Allaire set some ground work that we've been benefiting from since.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think he is, too! And before that we had Allaire who is iconic. Did we have anyone after Allaire before Maharaj? I wonder if Allaire set some ground work that we've been benefiting from since.

Brian Rolston for couple years.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jasoaks said:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. Do you mean like...other GMs see him as someone they can take advantage of? Or someone they should look at trading with? I would disagree with the former as I believe BM is a well respected GM across the league...just from what I've heard over the years on broadcasts and the such. I always got that sense.

Agents on the other hand.....haha

In the reference to Eichel, yes. IMO, I think that he's the most vulnerable GM for Buffalo to maximize value for a trade. Murray has one year left on his contract and a theme in the reports about the Ducks' interest in Eichel generally reference Murray being desperate or "needing to do something" as a motivating factor for why the Ducks would trade for him. With his job potentially on the line the season, that's my concern when I don't think Eichel is improving the Ducks to even being a playoff team. I'm sure GM's are aware of his situation with it being safe to assume that most of the fan base is calling for him to get fired.

I bet that Murray is respected by other GM's given he's the 3rd longest tenured in the league but that doesn't mean that they don't take advantage of each other or try maximize leverage when they are able to. It also doesn't mean that they think Murray is a particularly good GM, especially recently. Peter Chiarelli is well respected within league circles but he was absolutely horrible at the end of his Boston tenure and with Edmonton.

So for All Ducks Fans Friends,Hockey Aficionados.....etc Which player do you beleive our Ducks will want to get this offseason?

1.Patrick Laine

2.Jack Eichel.

Give me your thoughs and answers this is just open question to all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

So for All Ducks Fans Friends,Hockey Aficionados.....etc Which player do you beleive our Ducks will want to get this offseason?

1.Patrick Laine

2.Jack Eichel.

Give me your thoughs and answers this is just open question to all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It all depends on what GMBM would have to trade in order to acquire either one.

Eichel has some serious risks. We don't know how serious his neck injury is, or if he can ever play again at the level he did prior to sustaining it. We don't even know if Eichel's push for surgery is a legitimate desire or just a tool to help himself break away from the Sabres without telling their fans the team sucks. The latter would explain how Buffalo is still demanding such a high price for a player who may never fully recover. They may know they injury issue is just a tool by Eichel to leave and everyone save face. I just don't want Murray to give away either Zegras or Drysdale. I'm okay if it costs the Duck's the #3 pick as this draft is such a crap shoot. Throw in one or two of the following (Steel, Jones, Terry) and maybe Henrique (only because we already know the coach doesn't like him). Also Buffalo would need to retain at least $5M of Eichel's salary for the next two or three seasons. Anything more asked of the Ducks and I would say pass.

I'm not as versed about Laine. It would just come down to how much the Jets would be asking for him. Again Zegras and Drysdale must be off the table.

4 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Eichel has some serious risks. We don't know how serious his neck injury is, or if he can ever play again at the level he did prior to sustaining it. We don't even know if Eichel's push for surgery is a legitimate desire or just a tool to help himself break away from the Sabres without telling their fans the team sucks. The latter would explain how Buffalo is still demanding such a high price for a player who may never fully recover. They may know they injury issue is just a tool by Eichel to leave and everyone save face. I just don't want Murray to give away either Zegras or Drysdale. I'm okay if it costs the Duck's the #3 pick as this draft is such a crap shoot. Throw in one or two of the following (Steel, Jones, Terry) and maybe Henrique (only because we already know the coach doesn't like him). Also Buffalo would need to retain at least $5M of Eichel's salary for the next two or three seasons. Anything more asked of the Ducks and I would say pass.

I'm not as versed about Laine. It would just come down to how much the Jets would be asking for him. Again Zegras and Drysdale must be off the table.

No way buffalo will retain 5 mil if anything. I do agree they have to lower their asking price because Eichel is damaged goods. 
The Jets won't ask much for Laine since he's playing for the jackets 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I understand the Risks on Eichel I express that some times on Ducks Message Board and Vids I uploaded....Laine is with CBJ not Jets 2.0 anymore....I agree Z-man and Drysdale are untouchable.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

RNH off the table. Edmonton extends him for 8 years at $5.125M/season. Sounds like he got an NMC too.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

RNH off the table. Edmonton extends him for 8 years at $5.125M/season. Sounds like he got an NMC too.

Guess he likes the North and Greasers town...Oh well who should our Ducks Signed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

45 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

That's a good deal for him. Long, but $5.125M per year is very reasonable. I'm sure in 8 years the cap would have gone up a bit too.

13 minutes ago, nieder said:

That's a good deal for him. Long, but $5.125M per year is very reasonable. I'm sure in 8 years the cap would have gone up a bit too.

It sure looks like he gave up quite a bit of $$ for the term and NMC.I was thinking he'd be around $7M x 6-7yrs on the open market. I kinda like seeing the loyalty too. He obviously is committed to turning things around there in Edmonton with the group they have. Good on him.

6 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

I understand the Risks on Eichel I express that some times on Ducks Message Board and Vids I uploaded....Laine is with CBJ not Jets 2.0 anymore....I agree Z-man and Drysdale are untouchable.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I have a hard time thinking Columbus gives up on Laine already. They’ll have a new coach and will hope Torts truly did tank his production. I still wouldn’t mind having him. 

Eichel is 100% the better player and it’s not close. I’d rather have him, but if for some reason Columbus wants to sell super low on Laine, sure why not. 

RNH’s cap hit is nice, but the term + NMC is terrible. He’ll be 36 at the end of that deal. If that same deal was offered to the Ducks there’s no way I’d want Murray to do it. Perhaps the only way I’d do that deal is if the Ducks looked to have a 3-4 year window where a #2C was the missing piece and he’d have a lot of talent around him. He’s starting an 8 year deal at age 28, so there’s no time to wait to start getting value out of him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

RNH’s cap hit is nice, but the term + NMC is terrible. He’ll be 36 at the end of that deal. If that same deal was offered to the Ducks there’s no way I’d want Murray to do it. Perhaps the only way I’d do that deal is if the Ducks looked to have a 3-4 year window where a #2C was the missing piece and he’d have a lot of talent around him. He’s starting an 8 year deal at age 28, so there’s no time to wait to start getting value out of him. 

So the Greasers were ready to give what is needed to sign him long term.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

14 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I have a hard time thinking Columbus gives up on Laine already. They’ll have a new coach and will hope Torts truly did tank his production. I still wouldn’t mind having him. 

Eichel is 100% the better player and it’s not close. I’d rather have him, but if for some reason Columbus wants to sell super low on Laine, sure why not. 

A healthy Eichel is 100% the better player but unless BM can make sure Eichel will heal properly I'd rather see him go after Laine. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

well, back to being bored and hopeless again. Fun while it lasted. 

Seeing Eichel in a cervical collar probably cooled interest. 😄

• Like 1