Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

A healthy Eichel is 100% the better player but unless BM can make sure Eichel will heal properly I'd rather see him go after Laine. 

Laine needs a true distributor...he needs the Backstrom to his Ovi....the Thronton to his Cheechoo... Zegras --> Laine could be lethal. I mean, look at what Z could do with Kaliyev....and Laine probably has a MUCH better shot.

Laine - Z - Terry ...also would probably open up Terry to be more dangerous with everyone looking at Laine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

well, back to being bored and hopeless again. Fun while it lasted. 

The Ducks run the tightest ship in the NHL when it comes to leaked information about the organization's trade and free agent targets. I like Dreger (and his podcast with Ray Ferraro), but I don't believe for even a second that Dreger has any inside information about what the Ducks interest level is. More than likely, this is coming from a Buffalo source and the truth is something more like:

Buffalo source: Adams said he'd do the deal yesterday if the Ducks would give us Zegras or Drysdale, but Anaheim won't budge on them. They've also asked about Reinhart. 

Dreger: Well, obviously the Ducks aren't that interested in Eichel then.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

well, back to being bored and hopeless again. Fun while it lasted. 

I am hopeful that this is true but then again it's hard to bet against Murray disappointing me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

The Ducks run the tightest ship in the NHL when it comes to leaked information about the organization's trade and free agent targets. I like Dreger (and his podcast with Ray Ferraro), but I don't believe for even a second that Dreger has any inside information about what the Ducks interest level is. More than likely, this is coming from a Buffalo source and the truth is something more like:

Buffalo source: Adams said he'd do the deal yesterday if the Ducks would give us Zegras or Drysdale, but Anaheim won't budge on them. They've also asked about Reinhart. 

Dreger: Well, obviously the Ducks aren't that interested in Eichel then.

Apparently Nonis has been one of Dreger’s most consistent sources, so it might be some gamesmanship. I’m just melodramatic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Apparently Nonis has been one of Dreger’s most consistent sources, so it might be some gamesmanship. I’m just melodramatic.

Well, Nonis and Dreger are in-laws, so there is a connection. But we all know how Bob feels about leaked information. Rumor has it that Bob even squashed the Deslauriers trade to Pittsburgh at the TDL just because Elliotte Friedman tweeted about it before the deal was done.

Gamesmanship does make some sense though. Maybe its a smokescreen, with Nonis is just keeping Dreger informed of the top secret negotiations. An XK-Red-27 technique:lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Rumor has it that Bob even squashed the Deslauriers trade to Pittsburgh at the TDL just because Elliotte Friedman tweeted about it before the deal was done.

oh I hope that's not true...that seems really petty......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

 

And the short dude looks like Vatanen!!!  Welcome back, Vat-man!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 3:49 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

No way buffalo will retain 5 mil if anything. I do agree they have to lower their asking price because Eichel is damaged goods. 
The Jets won't ask much for Laine since he's playing for the jackets 😁

Yeah, I forgot he moved over there. 🙄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

well, back to being bored and hopeless again. Fun while it lasted. 

I think buffalo might be in for a nasty surprise as long as there is no clarity on the severity of his injury. 
No team is going to cough up a top draft pick and a few blue chip prospects. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said before, I have doubts about Eichel and his long injury history. If he was within $5-7 mil range, I would take a risk, but $10 mil is a way too much. Unless Buffalo agrees to take on some Ducks bad contracts, like Fowler or Gibson.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

As I said before, I have doubts about Eichel and his long injury history. If he was within $5-7 mil range, I would take a risk, but $10 mil is a way too much. Unless Buffalo agrees to take on some Ducks bad contracts, like Fowler or Gibson.

i wish there was an "exasperated" emoji response.  it's some mixture of the following.

😑🙄🤢🥺🤡

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Yeah, I forgot he moved over there. 🙄

just shows much of an impact Laine had on the BJs lol....also vice versa...that he was having such a low impact on Jets not hearing about him doing anything on them just felt normal :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

As I said before, I have doubts about Eichel and his long injury history. If he was within $5-7 mil range, I would take a risk, but $10 mil is a way too much. Unless Buffalo agrees to take on some Ducks bad contracts, like  Henrique.

Fixed it

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Arvidsson to LA for a bag of pucks 

So crazy how much better ran through Kings are than the Ducks. Arvidsson as much as I hate him is such a good pick up. Had a down year, mostly unlucky, you bank on him returning to form. The Ducks repeatedly fail to make moves like this. Feels like Kesler was the last trade that made this team better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

So crazy how much better ran through Kings are than the Ducks. Arvidsson as much as I hate him is such a good pick up. Had a down year, mostly unlucky, you bank on him returning to form. The Ducks repeatedly fail to make moves like this. Feels like Kesler was the last trade that made this team better. 

I dunno...I think you might start feeling better about this team as Doughty and Kopitar and Quick get older.... they have those 3 till theyre 37 at $26.8m...(coming off the books at separate times though) we've got Fowler till 34 at 6.5, Rico till 34 at 5.whatever, Silfv till 33 at 5.whatever, Gibson till 33 at 6.whatever....this feels way more manageable and better for our team than how the Kings have their veterans. We're spending less for more of our star veterans and for more of their prime and none of them on the wrong side of 35.

I know your post was about the trades, not signings. And I actually agree....looking back, the Kesler trade does seem to be the last just big, awesome trade we've had that made us significantly better. Although, Rico/Vats was pretty quickly viewed as a win. And the Kase, Montour trades still can be looked at as wins....and so could the Freddie trade. That's how we have Comtois.

I'm just saying, I don't think the Kings are being run as well as it seems...and it's just they were lucky with getting Byfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arvidsson has actually had two down years in a row. His cap hit of 4.25m for the next 3 years is a little high if this is the player he now is. If he regains his form it’s a pretty big steal for the Kings. I think a lot of teams closer to contention would love to do this trade, but so many are up against the cap and can’t afford to take it on. 

Edited by Spencer_12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest way for me, a Canadian that's indifferent towards the geographic rivalry, to start hating the Kings again: fill em with predaturds. I'd boo him if he was a Duck the same way I booed Aberg (up until the point where the rest of the team completely fell apart and he was the only guy capable of doing something positive with the puck of course)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I dunno...I think you might start feeling better about this team as Doughty and Kopitar and Quick get older.... they have those 3 till theyre 37 at $26.8m...(coming off the books at separate times though) we've got Fowler till 34 at 6.5, Rico till 34 at 5.whatever, Silfv till 33 at 5.whatever, Gibson till 33 at 6.whatever....this feels way more manageable and better for our team than how the Kings have their veterans. We're spending less for more of our star veterans and for more of their prime and none of them on the wrong side of 35.

I know your post was about the trades, not signings. And I actually agree....looking back, the Kesler trade does seem to be the last just big, awesome trade we've had that made us significantly better. Although, Rico/Vats was pretty quickly viewed as a win. And the Kase, Montour trades still can be looked at as wins....and so could the Freddie trade. That's how we have Comtois.

I'm just saying, I don't think the Kings are being run as well as it seems...and it's just they were lucky with getting Byfield.

Kings got 2 cups out of Their core. It’s the price of competing and winning, you’ll bVe those left over cap hits. 
Their prospect pool is better, they’ve done better job trading for assets, and have traded for guys that seem good on paper. The Ducks haven’t really done any of that. They’ve drafted well at their spots, but haven’t really made any moves to signal a rebuild or for young assets. Going into this draft with 1 first rounder, feels like a failure. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel a lot of jealousy. Watching a team navigate a rebuild and do all the things right on paper, while your team is floating, rudderless for years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Kings got 2 cups out of Their core. It’s the price of competing and winning, you’ll bVe those left over cap hits. 
Their prospect pool is better, they’ve done better job trading for assets, and have traded for guys that seem good on paper. The Ducks haven’t really done any of that. They’ve drafted well at their spots, but haven’t really made any moves to signal a rebuild or for young assets. Going into this draft with 1 first rounder, feels like a failure. Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel a lot of jealousy. Watching a team navigate a rebuild and do all the things right on paper, while your team is floating, rudderless for years 

I hear ya, and I'm just trying not to focus on positives when it comes to the Kings haha

Like, it would be nice if we could have moves that "signaled" a rebuild and felt big and awesome and like a restart. That'd be exciting. But I think you look at teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto and see how that can be pretty futile. While other teams like Colorado or even Ottawa look more exciting that went through and made big moves for a re-build. Although, jury is still out with Ottawa and Colorado has had a couple of disappointing years here... Or Washington, Chicago, and Pittsburgh...although the Caps took 13 years with Ovi to get a cup...Rangers had ONE year where it seemed like they sold the farm for rebuilding.

Where did Tampa sell the farm to build? (actually an honest question 'cause I don't remember it). St. Louis? Boston? I'm just saying we don't HAVE to do that. There's so much reason to believe with just better coaching this season we'd have been sniffing the playoffs. (which can also be a negative as it would have given us a worse draft pick)

Also, this is the year to just have one 1st round draft pick. Last year and next year are the years to have multiple 1st rounders. IMO

So, I'd say jury is still out on the Kings...and while it all looks promising and it's easy to see how they are navigating it and it's exciting for them...if the jury is still out, I refuse to give them props haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention, they rebuilt and could be getting ready to compete again while Kopitsr and Doughty have miles left in the tank. Kopitsr is still pretty good and in a reduced role, Doughty could probably still be a key piece. They’re injecting Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, etc. they’re going to be good in a year or two, very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

I hear ya, and I'm just trying not to focus on positives when it comes to the Kings haha

Like, it would be nice if we could have moves that "signaled" a rebuild and felt big and awesome and like a restart. That'd be exciting. But I think you look at teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto and see how that can be pretty futile. While other teams like Colorado or even Ottawa look more exciting that went through and made big moves for a re-build. Although, jury is still out with Ottawa and Colorado has had a couple of disappointing years here... Or Washington, Chicago, and Pittsburgh...although the Caps took 13 years with Ovi to get a cup...Rangers had ONE year where it seemed like they sold the farm for rebuilding.

Where did Tampa sell the farm to build? (actually an honest question 'cause I don't remember it). St. Louis? Boston? I'm just saying we don't HAVE to do that. There's so much reason to believe with just better coaching this season we'd have been sniffing the playoffs. (which can also be a negative as it would have given us a worse draft pick)

Also, this is the year to just have one 1st round draft pick. Last year and next year are the years to have multiple 1st rounders. IMO

So, I'd say jury is still out on the Kings...and while it all looks promising and it's easy to see how they are navigating it and it's exciting for them...if the jury is still out, I refuse to give them props haha

That’s definitely what makes this so frustrating. That this trash is outdoing the Ducks is incredibly frustrating. 
I think the Oilers have Angels-syndrome where you’re terrible and all of a sudden you have the best player in the sport and feel pressured to compete, making bad moves. If you look at Colorado, it was almost 1 move that turned the franchise around, the Duchene trade. They also had MacKinnon, Landeskog kicking around and eventually Rantanen. Maybe Manson/Rakell could be that move, but we have to actually make it. Bob has a habit of waiting until all value is gone from a guy before moving him for pennies. Kings just made good trades and got good value for guys. Ducks haven’t really.  I don’t think it’s impossible that with the right moves this team can be right back in it. Perrault, Zegras, Drysdale develop well, you nab Eichel without giving up your blue chips, get lucky with a prospect or trade or two. There’s a path, but I don’t really trust Bob to find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I hear ya, and I'm just trying not to focus on positives when it comes to the Kings haha

Like, it would be nice if we could have moves that "signaled" a rebuild and felt big and awesome and like a restart. That'd be exciting. But I think you look at teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, Toronto and see how that can be pretty futile. While other teams like Colorado or even Ottawa look more exciting that went through and made big moves for a re-build. Although, jury is still out with Ottawa and Colorado has had a couple of disappointing years here... Or Washington, Chicago, and Pittsburgh...although the Caps took 13 years with Ovi to get a cup...Rangers had ONE year where it seemed like they sold the farm for rebuilding.

Where did Tampa sell the farm to build? (actually an honest question 'cause I don't remember it). St. Louis? Boston? I'm just saying we don't HAVE to do that. There's so much reason to believe with just better coaching this season we'd have been sniffing the playoffs. (which can also be a negative as it would have given us a worse draft pick)

Also, this is the year to just have one 1st round draft pick. Last year and next year are the years to have multiple 1st rounders. IMO

So, I'd say jury is still out on the Kings...and while it all looks promising and it's easy to see how they are navigating it and it's exciting for them...if the jury is still out, I refuse to give them props haha

A lot of it is luck. Teams find studs in the later rounds. And accumulate extra key pieces to trade with. Some teams can afford to sign FA to big numbers. Unfortunately for the Ducks they don’t want to spend to get most of the time. And although we have drafted well, very few as of yet have become stars. RR is probably the closest thing, most recent to that. He’s great but not a game changer. We are due for a superstar to emerge/be drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

So crazy how much better ran through Kings are than the Ducks. Arvidsson as much as I hate him is such a good pick up. Had a down year, mostly unlucky, you bank on him returning to form. The Ducks repeatedly fail to make moves like this. Feels like Kesler was the last trade that made this team better. 

Yeah, It’s  also just funny that Nashville is making a more clear move towards a rebuild than the Ducks have while being a noticeably better team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...