The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

22 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Byfuglien is great when he's on the ice.  I'm not sure we're a fit with what Winnipeg is going to want in return, since they'll want another RD and we're short on those.  Maybe it could work because we're one of the few teams that can afford his cap hit.

For the right price, I'd take Byfuglien.  

Unfortunately, this. 

It's too bad 3-way deals are not a thing in the NHL. If they were, a Buffalo-Winnipeg-Anaheim trade involving Byfuglien, Ristolainen, and our abundance of young forwards would make a ton of sense for all three teams.

17 hours ago, Fisix said:

could be, he's 

I have the William De Vaughn version titled: Be Thankful for What You Got

I had no idea Curtis Mayfield performed this song. Man, they sound similar.  Great song.l

• Like 1

I know, it's still an early season, but  I don't see any contribution from our "young guns". Terry plays like a 5th rounder, Comcois and Jones are not much better, and Steel is injured again. Statements that they are "creating scoring chances" may not help them for too long; they eventually need to learn how to beat NHL caliber goaltenders, if they don't want to be demoted to the minors.

I also don't expect any scoring help from trades or UFA next summer. GMBM proved over the years that his priorities are going after average defenseman or NHL borderline role players.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

I know, it's still an early season, but  I don't see any contribution from our "young guns". Terry plays like a 5th rounder, Comcois and Jones are not much better, and Steel is injured again. Statements that they are "creating scoring chances" may not help them for too long; they eventually need to learn how to beat NHL caliber goaltenders, if they don't want to be demoted to the minors.

I also don't expect any scoring help from trades or UFA next summer. GMBM proved over the years that his priorities are going after average defenseman or NHL borderline role players.

It's way too early into the season and their careers to really worry. None of these guys have played even half an NHL season to this point. Not to mention that the team is rebuilding with a new coach. They still have plenty of time to learn and develop while being given every chance to succeed. If after two full seasons, the progression and contributions still aren't there then it's a real concern. Comtois needs time in the AHL more than anyone, which is where most people projected him to play for the majority of the season anyway. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:03 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It's way too early into the season and their careers to really worry. None of these guys have played even half an NHL season to this point. Not to mention that the team is rebuilding with a new coach. They still have plenty of time to learn and develop while being given every chance to succeed. If after two full seasons, the progression and contributions still aren't there then it's a real concern. Comtois needs time in the AHL more than anyone, which is where most people projected him to play for the majority of the season anyway. 

What to do with Ritchie then, he's spent his fair share of years with the big club already?

10 hours ago, Aksun said:

What to do with Ritchie then, he's spent his fair share of years with the big club already?

Unless you can trade him to help upgrade the roster then I don’t think that he should be moved. Jones and Comtois haven’t played well enough to force him out of the lineup or guarantee their own spots yet. Ritchie not living up to his draft slot doesn’t mean that the Ducks should just jettison him.

• Like 1

Sooooo, Ritchie Boi ain't all that bad, or at least tolerable, let's shift our attention to the gaping hole: RD. Our current depth at the position looks exactly like:

Manson, Josh (and he's as good as he was last season, too, when in contrast, most of the remaining roster improved)

Anybody serious enough does not consider Holzer to be anything but a 7th plug. All the Left-Right matching nonsense aside (even if GMBM is a reported freak for that), and taking into account the poor crop in the AHL (Hakanpaa, Wideman, Sideroff - basically the limping Gulls' entire RD lineup), we seriously need to trade for a middle-pairing RD. This needs to be done until '19 is over, not in February, not next June. So let's discuss even more than we already did. One guy went to Tampa instead of us, so we're not a desirable destination by all means. Quite likely we need to focus on hockey trades that improve both teams in their area of need and the RD in question does not have limiting clauses which would rule out Anaheim if their GM wills them to begone.

I'm not very good at this, but I'll give it a try. I also didn't delve deep into the respective team's prospect pools, but in modern NHL, teams are less likely to part ways with promising and still cheap rookies anyway, so I just looked at the other 30 rosters.

1. One thing that jumped at me was Pittsburgh - all their injuries and a fairly rough start because of. Sure, Letang may break himself any moment and get IR'd for another half year but obviously Pitt is not planning on it. So this leaves us with: Erik Gudbranson the Canadian guy who has a suspiciously Swedish name. Seriously, I'd take a flyer on Chad Ruhwedel as well, but how is he better than Holzer - I dunno. In return we send them an NHL-ready forward, because they apparently need to cover some Malkin holes. Ritchie or Shore, and maybe a non 1st pick. Historically, ANA and PIT are consistent trade partners for all the same reasons ANA and TOR are as well. One evil twist of fate for both sides would be Pittsburgh trading us a Shultz. But this is too satanic to even be a remote possibility... ... ...Ritchie for Shultz!!!11111 DO IT, BOB!!!!

2. The other big RD pool is suspiciously concentrated in the greater New York area - NJ, NYR, NYI and I couldn't resist throwing in WSH as well with their whopping 5RD on the roster. Let's start with them, too. Carlson and Gudas are not options, obviously. There are two cheap rookies and that leaves, as in Pitt's case, just one NHL-grade guy in Nick Jensen. He's done most of his damage as a member of the dead winks, but I really don't know his story or what WSH might want in return, probably Fowler or Lindholm, they seem to be OK with top-9 forwards.

Then there are the Rangers and Anthony DeAngelo, he RFA's next year and they still might want to hold on to him, but maybe they can line up juicy-er trades for a needed RD because they're the quacking Rangers of all teams and people like them all over except Long Island. We can send them a Shore and Ritchie as well.

The aforementioned Long Islanders can send us a Ryan Pulock, but instead of forwards they'd want LD in return. Mahura\Larsson?

NJ...NJ...where the glorious Kyle Palmieri is scoring goals like a boss. Can't stand them and envy the team at the same time and they've been flopping around all over the place like crazy the past five years. The obvious choice is mr. P.K. but we'd need a hefty retain if it is even possible and they want to let him go. He's also listed as 6'0" - a known huge turn-off for Bob, but that never stopped the actual player from being awesome. And there's also Connor Carrick in NJ of the bargain bin variety.

3. And to finish my poorly-informed delve into trading, some random teams who might wanna trade with us:

Florida - Mark Pysyk and MacKenzie Weegar.

STL the champs - Pietrangelo or Bortuzzo.

and the toughest of them all BOS (seriously they're close to perfect) - Brandon Carlo if it's even an option.

I'm seriously surprised a team GM'd by Bob is having a hole on defense. It looks and feels strange. Not only that, we are still lacking a bona-fide destruktor-man like Ovechkin, Hall or Panarin. We're all set in goal, though, so it must be good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Sooooo, Ritchie Boi ain't all that bad, or at least tolerable, let's shift our attention to the gaping hole: RD. Our current depth at the position looks exactly like:

Manson, Josh (and he's as good as he was last season, too, when in contrast, most of the remaining roster improved)

Anybody serious enough does not consider Holzer to be anything but a 7th plug. All the Left-Right matching nonsense aside (even if GMBM is a reported freak for that), and taking into account the poor crop in the AHL (Hakanpaa, Wideman, Sideroff - basically the limping Gulls' entire RD lineup), we seriously need to trade for a middle-pairing RD. This needs to be done until '19 is over, not in February, not next June. So let's discuss even more than we already did. One guy went to Tampa instead of us, so we're not a desirable destination by all means. Quite likely we need to focus on hockey trades that improve both teams in their area of need and the RD in question does not have limiting clauses which would rule out Anaheim if their GM wills them to begone.

I'm not very good at this, but I'll give it a try. I also didn't delve deep into the respective team's prospect pools, but in modern NHL, teams are less likely to part ways with promising and still cheap rookies anyway, so I just looked at the other 30 rosters.

1. One thing that jumped at me was Pittsburgh - all their injuries and a fairly rough start because of. Sure, Letang may break himself any moment and get IR'd for another half year but obviously Pitt is not planning on it. So this leaves us with: Erik Gudbranson the Canadian guy who has a suspiciously Swedish name. Seriously, I'd take a flyer on Chad Ruhwedel as well, but how is he better than Holzer - I dunno. In return we send them an NHL-ready forward, because they apparently need to cover some Malkin holes. Ritchie or Shore, and maybe a non 1st pick. Historically, ANA and PIT are consistent trade partners for all the same reasons ANA and TOR are as well. One evil twist of fate for both sides would be Pittsburgh trading us a Shultz. But this is too satanic to even be a remote possibility... ... ...Ritchie for Shultz!!!11111 DO IT, BOB!!!!

2. The other big RD pool is suspiciously concentrated in the greater New York area - NJ, NYR, NYI and I couldn't resist throwing in WSH as well with their whopping 5RD on the roster. Let's start with them, too. Carlson and Gudas are not options, obviously. There are two cheap rookies and that leaves, as in Pitt's case, just one NHL-grade guy in Nick Jensen. He's done most of his damage as a member of the dead winks, but I really don't know his story or what WSH might want in return, probably Fowler or Lindholm, they seem to be OK with top-9 forwards.

Then there are the Rangers and Anthony DeAngelo, he RFA's next year and they still might want to hold on to him, but maybe they can line up juicy-er trades for a needed RD because they're the quacking Rangers of all teams and people like them all over except Long Island. We can send them a Shore and Ritchie as well.

The aforementioned Long Islanders can send us a Ryan Pulock, but instead of forwards they'd want LD in return. Mahura\Larsson?

NJ...NJ...where the glorious Kyle Palmieri is scoring goals like a boss. Can't stand them and envy the team at the same time and they've been flopping around all over the place like crazy the past five years. The obvious choice is mr. P.K. but we'd need a hefty retain if it is even possible and they want to let him go. He's also listed as 6'0" - a known huge turn-off for Bob, but that never stopped the actual player from being awesome. And there's also Connor Carrick in NJ of the bargain bin variety.

3. And to finish my poorly-informed delve into trading, some random teams who might wanna trade with us:

Florida - Mark Pysyk and MacKenzie Weegar.

STL the champs - Pietrangelo or Bortuzzo.

and the toughest of them all BOS (seriously they're close to perfect) - Brandon Carlo if it's even an option.

I'm seriously surprised a team GM'd by Bob is having a hole on defense. It looks and feels strange. Not only that, we are still lacking a bona-fide destruktor-man like Ovechkin, Hall or Panarin. We're all set in goal, though, so it must be good.

Well to be fair BM did go after shattenkirk and faulk but both guys didn't want to be here. That's not on BM.
And a trade for a top 4 D man will cost us. Maybe BM wants to have a better understanding of what he has and what he can lose. All our young guys show promise but no more than that. Do you want to trade them already or see how they develop?

I'm in the "if it's for the right player trade Kase because I don't think he can stay healthy" camp but apart from him we have little of value to trade I think. I don't want to risk trading Jones for example because who knows what he might blossom into. Maybe BM feels the same way. As long as we're doing fine I think he can wait some more.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Well to be fair BM did go after shattenkirk and faulk but both guys didn't want to be here. That's not on BM.
And a trade for a top 4 D man will cost us. Maybe BM wants to have a better understanding of what he has and what he can lose. All our young guys show promise but no more than that. Do you want to trade them already or see how they develop?

I'm in the "if it's for the right player trade Kase because I don't think he can stay healthy" camp but apart from him we have little of value to trade I think. I don't want to risk trading Jones for example because who knows what he might blossom into. Maybe BM feels the same way. As long as we're doing fine I think he can wait some more.

Yes, Faulk and Shattenkirk never wanted to be with us, but that's the market for Bob. But the RD is a noticeably weaker position on the roster and it shows in certain situations where we can't defend properly, it's an outstanding roster hole and his job is to fix it. I'm not asking for the trade to happen tomorrow or next week, but rather giving Bob up to 3 months to figure it out, and asking here who would be a fit? Of course, Bob might as well be waiting until someone gets hit by the injury train and will need a replacement at a more favorable price for Anaheim, just because of necessity, I get that too.

I'm opposed to trading Kase even with him being injury-prone because Fowler and Gibson are notoriously flimsy as well. Kase is not a lock like them, but brings just the kind of play and hustle and energy that this team needs as a developing young roster. He may be our top commodity for the outside NHL world, but at this point I'd rather give away low picks and underperforming Gulls in order to get us some solid NHL talent.

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Gudbranson would be an upgrade over Holzer and I bet we could get him for almost nothing too. He’s been scratched a couple of times and tried on the left side for a game. It sounds like he’s just not fitting in there this season. I’d take a flyer on him. If we send Ritchie, maybe we could even get back that 4th round draft pick we wasted on Deslauriers.

27 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Gudbranson would be an upgrade over Holzer and I bet we could get him for almost nothing too. He’s been scratched a couple of times and tried on the left side for a game. It sounds like he’s just not fitting in there this season. I’d take a flyer on him. If we send Ritchie, maybe we could even get back that 4th round draft pick we wasted on Deslauriers.

Well, the guy is 6'5" and a former 1st round 3d overall pick by...Florida, then went to Vancouver then to the Pens. Not much for such a high pick in terms of points and a whale of -89 on the career, but he's got the frame that BM loves, and really shouldn't cost much. He's not going to improve us by a lot, but he can give us defensive stability.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Well, the guy is 6'5" and a former 1st round 3d overall pick by...Florida, then went to Vancouver then to the Pens. Not much for such a high pick in terms of points and a whale of -89 on the career, but he's got the frame that BM loves, and really shouldn't cost much. He's not going to improve us by a lot, but he can give us defensive stability.

A Guhle-Gudbranson 3rd pairing would be solid. Of course, GMBM will never do that because he’s eyeballs deep in the notion that Larsson is an NHL-caliber defender and so he won’t want to block him. <_<

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

You can't give up on Larsson at this point.  He's also been dragging around the pylon known as Korbinian Holzer most of the season.  Let's pair Larsson with a real NHL defenseman before we call him a bust.

Feature article in "The Athletic" on Larsson by Eric Stephens. Very good read!

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

You can't give up on Larsson at this point.  He's also been dragging around the pylon known as Korbinian Holzer most of the season.  Let's pair Larsson with a real NHL defenseman before we call him a bust.

I wouldn't call it "giving up", I would call it moving on due to proper asset management. Unless Larsson learns to play the right side, I think he loses out eventually in a numbers game due to the Ducks depth at his position. We're stacked with left-shot D-men who can play the left side with Lindholm, Fowler, Guhle, MDZ, and Larsson. MDZ likely isn't back next year, but with Guhle looking clearly better than Larsson so far, and with Mahura and Benoit (both left-shot LDs) looking solid in their development, where does Larsson fit into the lineup 2-3 season from now? Especially if Fowler moves back to the left side if/when GMBM finds another right-shot top-4 D-man? Outside of keeping Larsson as expansion draft fodder, I don't really see place for him in Anaheim long term. But unfortunately, like the Athletic article seems to confirm, GMBM appears committed to seeing him develop in Anaheim. So I'm guessing GMBM will be stubborn and won't be willing to move on from Larsson until his trade value bottoms out and he becomes the next Jordan Schmaltz.

Just like what's happened with Ritchie. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

We don't have anyone who can fill that spot this season, unless you want to completely give up and play MDZ and Holzer every night.  We're surviving right now with them both in there, but it's not ideal.  I don't think they want to rush Benoit or Mahura.  I can't see Larsson losing a ton of value between now and the trade deadline or the draft.  If he really has no place in Anaheim, he can be traded then and we can graduate one of the kids.

Larsson isn't going to be a top pairing guy, but I think he's shown enough that I could see him being a 3rd pairing guy good enough to play on the second pairing.  I also could see him learning to play the right side.  Eakins clearly doesn't care that much about handedness, which I'm all in favor of.  Or teach Mahura or Benoit to play the right side.  We'll survive with left-handed shots over there.

Not sure if you caught the start of this sequence of posts, but it was based on a discussion of acquiring Gudbranson to play with Guhle on a 3rd pairing. It’s all wishing and speculation, but Lindholm-Manson, MDZ-Fowler, Guhle-Gudbranson was what I had in mind, with Holzer and Mahura as the 7/8 D-men. I’m also fine with MDZ in every night for the time being. He and Guhle can also swap spots depending on score/situation. And next season, I want to see a legit right-shot top-4 D-man added to fill that gaping hole.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aksun said:

He may be our top commodity for the outside NHL world, but at this point I'd rather give away low picks and underperforming Gulls in order to get us some solid NHL talent.

That would be my preference too but how many GMs are gonna give up solid NHL talent for underperforming AHL'ers? None. If you want something valuable you gotta give something in return. 

• Like 3

Manson boarded himself out of the Dallas game. The dreaded stinking LBI. Hope it's nothing serious or long, but....your move, Bob. We are reduced to Korbinian Ducking Holzer as our entire depth on RD. Gulls are no better and shallow at the postion, too. I'm afraid a trade is forced here.

8 hours ago, Aksun said:

Manson boarded himself out of the Dallas game. The dreaded stinking LBI. Hope it's nothing serious or long, but....your move, Bob. We are reduced to Korbinian Ducking Holzer as our entire depth on RD. Gulls are no better and shallow at the postion, too. I'm afraid a trade is forced here.

Not a good idea to trade now. We'd be dealing from a weak position. What are we gonna give up? Rakell, Henrique and Silfverberg are the only forwards who are scoring. We can't afford to lose those guys.
Call up one of the Gulls (pray it goes well) and make a trade for San Diego if need be but I'd hate to give up a valuable asset for a stopgap solution.

And Kase out again? I hate to be that "told you so" guy but Kase should be traded/have been traded. I like him but he can't stay healthy. Should he make a return move him for whatever you can get.

14 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Not a good idea to trade now. We'd be dealing from a weak position. What are we gonna give up? Rakell, Henrique and Silfverberg are the only forwards who are scoring. We can't afford to lose those guys.
Call up one of the Gulls (pray it goes well) and make a trade for San Diego if need be but I'd hate to give up a valuable asset for a stopgap solution.

And Kase out again? I hate to be that "told you so" guy but Kase should be traded/have been traded. I like him but he can't stay healthy. Should he make a return move him for whatever you can get.

A'm afraid that without a solid top-4 D-man we will be limping around all year until April - this will affect the standings in a negative way and put the rookies into a constantly losing negative environment, of which they're not entirely the fault of - they indeed need to score more, and shoot with confidence, but scoring is not the only problem when Lindholm at times looks like the only competent defenseman out of the six available. We can give it time and give the SD rooks another shot, namely Hakanpaa, Mahura and Drew (in that order of priority), but we need someone for the core 3 if Manson is out for 2+ months. You are completely right that trading now would cost us two arms and a leg, but we may lose more in the long run if we don't act now. Of course, Bob will wait for Manson's injury to be evaluated, and likely he can ride the rookies for a month or so, but if we don't stop the bleeding by December, we're going to willingly get a facsimile of last season, it was still ugly and ended with no PO's no matter how they played after RC got canned.

Really hope Kase is not concussed, because if he is - his trade value is bust for the remainder of the career, likely turning him into an Eaves who nobody will want to touch and he'll be glued to us, the league will surely notice how easily he gets rattled.

There's a lot of doom and gloom here about the defense but I really don't think they have been all that bad. They have looked leaps and bounds better than last season (although that wouldn't be hard).

Guhle looks like a stud in the making. Manson/Lindholm have been inconsistent at times but I think they've both been a lot more responsible in the defensive zone than they were last year. Fowler is Fowler, he does some great things with the puck but for every 3 or 4 good moves he throws in a boneheaded play. Del Zotto is good for a 6th guy.

I know there's a worry about the kids growing in a losing environment but I also don't think it would be smart to make a trade for a defenseman now when this team really isn't a contender - they're a borderline playoff team at best and adding another defenseman isn't going to significantly change that.

40 minutes ago, nieder said:

There's a lot of doom and gloom here about the defense but I really don't think they have been all that bad. They have looked leaps and bounds better than last season (although that wouldn't be hard).

Guhle looks like a stud in the making. Manson/Lindholm have been inconsistent at times but I think they've both been a lot more responsible in the defensive zone than they were last year. Fowler is Fowler, he does some great things with the puck but for every 3 or 4 good moves he throws in a boneheaded play. Del Zotto is good for a 6th guy.

I know there's a worry about the kids growing in a losing environment but I also don't think it would be smart to make a trade for a defenseman now when this team really isn't a contender - they're a borderline playoff team at best and adding another defenseman isn't going to significantly change that.

I worry less about a losing environment than having them in a "quitting" environment, which is what we had last season under Carlyle. Even if they have some lengthy losing streaks or goal scoring droughts, I don't think they're going to quit on HCDE this season.

That said, this is currently a roster with a gaping hole at right-D, and I am in favor of finding a legit NHL veteran player to fill that role. Even if it's just a 3rd pair bruiser like Gudbranson or McQuaid. We already have six inexperienced players getting regular playing time (Terry, Jones, Comtois, Steel, Guhle and Larsson) and I don't think the answer to Manson's injury is another rookie. If they bring up another rookie, its going to put too much pressure on the veterans to try to protect all of the kids. Plus, I think it will slow the team's development to have too many young players in there learning on the job. I hope GMBM makes a move soon to get a guy who knows what it takes to play in the NHL. I don't expect an $8M/year top-pair guy, but I do hope for an upgrade on the right side over Holzer, Hakanpaa, etc.

Edited by dtsdlaw

7 hours ago, Aksun said:

A'm afraid that without a solid top-4 D-man we will be limping around all year until April - this will affect the standings in a negative way and put the rookies into a constantly losing negative environment, of which they're not entirely the fault of - they indeed need to score more, and shoot with confidence, but scoring is not the only problem when Lindholm at times looks like the only competent defenseman out of the six available. We can give it time and give the SD rooks another shot, namely Hakanpaa, Mahura and Drew (in that order of priority), but we need someone for the core 3 if Manson is out for 2+ months. You are completely right that trading now would cost us two arms and a leg, but we may lose more in the long run if we don't act now. Of course, Bob will wait for Manson's injury to be evaluated, and likely he can ride the rookies for a month or so, but if we don't stop the bleeding by December, we're going to willingly get a facsimile of last season, it was still ugly and ended with no PO's no matter how they played after RC got canned.

Really hope Kase is not concussed, because if he is - his trade value is bust for the remainder of the career, likely turning him into an Eaves who nobody will want to touch and he'll be glued to us, the league will surely notice how easily he gets rattled.

I've watched the hit in slo-mo a few times and I think it's 50-50 whether that's a head injury or an aggravation of his previous shoulder injury. From the front camera angle, I don't see a lot of head contact on the hit and it also doesn't look like Kase's head hit the ice. However, his right shoulder sure does drive pretty hard into the ice. Anyone know which shoulder had the torn labrum? If it was the right shoulder, that definitely could be the concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I worry less about a losing environment than having them in a "quitting" environment, which is what we had last season under Carlyle. Even if they have some lengthy losing streaks or goal scoring droughts, I don't think they're going to quit on HCDE this season.

That said, this is currently a roster with a gaping hole at right-D, and I am in favor of finding a legit NHL veteran player to fill that role. Even if it's just a 3rd pair bruiser like Gudbranson or McQuaid. We already have six inexperienced players getting regular playing time (Terry, Jones, Comtois, Steel, Guhle and Larsson) and I don't think the answer to Manson's injury is another rookie. If they bring up another rookie, its going to put too much pressure on the veterans to try to protect all of the kids. Plus, I think it will slow the team's development to have too many young players in there learning on the job. I hope GMBM makes a move soon to get a guy who knows what it takes to play in the NHL. I don't expect an $8M/year top-pair guy, but I do hope for an upgrade on the right side over Holzer, Hakanpaa, etc.

BRB. On my way to buy a lottery ticket...

:lol:

• Like 2

One thing that makes me wonder....Are the Ducks deal making a Trade at this point?. Cause I got feeling they are still looking while our Ducks are battling this season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ilya Kovalchuk about to be released by Kings. Maybe Ducks should try to sign him for the rest of the season for NHL minimum salary? He's still a decent scorer and we don't lose much in case if it doesn't work out.

Edited by FanSince1993

9 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

Ilya Kovalchuk about to be released by Kings. Maybe Ducks should try to sign him for the rest of the season for NHL minimum salary? He's still a decent scorer and we don't lose much in case if it doesn't work out.

He's a toxic **tch. Bob has a violent allergy to these. Also, he's Russian and can bolt for the KHL. So, like, -99% chance with GMBM.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:24 AM, Aksun said:

He's a toxic **tch. Bob has a violent allergy to these. Also, he's Russian and can bolt for the KHL. So, like, -99% chance with GMBM.

Has not been Russian Player since Days of Bryz.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

This team needs some kick in the butt. It's OK to lose a game after leading 2-0, but to lose after 4-0 lead is pretty much embarrassing. Send Terry and Larsson to AHL, bring from San Diego hard-working guys like Carrick, Sherwood and Wideman, bench Gibson for a few games and let Fowler to watch a few games from the press box as a healthy scratch. It would be a good wake up call for some guys on this team. But this preaching will fall of the deaf ears, since our management and coaching stuff afraid to think outside of the box.

Edited by FanSince1993
  • Haha 1

Getzlaf is on the downside of his career and we really need a real top line center. At this point, I'm not sure we really have that guy in our system. Hall seems to be available. Perhaps we can trade for him? I'd think a first, kase,  and Richie (perhaps more, I'm not sure) could potentially land us Hall. Aside from Terry, Grant and Guhle getting raises all the other guys aren't going to command much/ will leave for free agency. Even with Perry's cap hit going up significantly, we should have enough space to do this. After next season the hit from Perry will go down and Getz contract is also up. In the meantime, it would give us crazy center depth and perhaps a run at the cup. 

Or we do nothing and try to get that top center with another high pick at the end of the year! It's far cheaper this way. 😂

5 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Getzlaf is on the downside of his career and we really need a real top line center. At this point, I'm not sure we really have that guy in our system. Hall seems to be available. Perhaps we can trade for him? I'd think a first, kase,  and Richie (perhaps more, I'm not sure) could potentially land us Hall. Aside from Terry, Grant and Guhle getting raises all the other guys aren't going to command much/ will leave for free agency. Even with Perry's cap hit going up significantly, we should have enough space to do this. After next season the hit from Perry will go down and Getz contract is also up. In the meantime, it would give us crazy center depth and perhaps a run at the cup. 

Or we do nothing and try to get that top center with another high pick at the end of the year! It's far cheaper this way. 😂

He's actually a LW. I think the Oilers experimented with him at center back in the day, but he's now even less of a center than Rakell is.

• Thanks 1