The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

8 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

why can’t we do this?? I’d Manson’s bags for this kind of a return!

I haven't soured on Manson like so many have....but, man....if Murray gives up our 3rd in an Eichel trade and then gets a similar thing for Manson....somewhere right outside the top 10 in today's draft...(with other pieces of course)...i dunno, sounds pretty good haha

55 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

What exactly do you think Manson's value is? Risto has been a consistent 40+ point D-man on a terrible team, and even then this looks like a substantial overpay. If Bob could get a 1st, a 2nd, and a former 2nd rounder for Manson, I'm sure he'd do it. But that's a pipe dream.

After seeing what Risto fetched, it’s probably enough that the Ducks should trade Manson. A first round pick for him would be great and I don’t think that’s a huge ask after seeing this trade. Risto’s play has declined over the last two seasons also, makes more a million more per year than Manson and both have one year left on their contracts. I’d like to think that there’s a desperate team out there (maybe it was Philly) or, my guess is that Murray’s love for Manson is so deep that a retirement contract is coming soon.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

So what are the chances that in a trade for Eichel that BM gets the 14th in exchange for the 3rd and whatever else excluding Drysdale and/or Zegras?

Garland and OEL to Vancouver with the 9th overall pick involved. I’m white knuckling until I hear Ducks news. 

Glad to see another team embrace a rebuild before Murray does.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

So what are the chances that in a trade for Eichel that BM gets the 14th in exchange for the 3rd and whatever else excluding Drysdale and/or Zegras?

ohhh interesting...hadn't thought of that...

Also! Trades picking up! Sounding like OEL/Garland over to Vancouver is gonna happen....and the 9th overall will be involved. Arizona is really starting to turn the page from last years debacle. A two trades where they send NOTHING back. Looking to get the 9th overall today. Not bad.

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Murray needs to trade Manson, Rakell etc in this market

Sadly, I don’t think he will and he’ll further solidify his incompetence as a GM.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Arizona is really starting to turn the page from last years debacle. A two trades where they send NOTHING back. Looking to get the 9th overall today. Not bad.

I thought they did this all the time.  Taking on bad contracts for older players and then burying them on LTIR or something like that?

31 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhh interesting...hadn't thought of that...

Also! Trades picking up! Sounding like OEL/Garland over to Vancouver is gonna happen....and the 9th overall will be involved. Arizona is really starting to turn the page from last years debacle. A two trades where they send NOTHING back. Looking to get the 9th overall today. Not bad.

A smart gm building the team. Ducks not so much…

2 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I thought they did this all the time.  Taking on bad contracts for older players and then burying them on LTIR or something like that?

I mean, I've never seen them get something without giving up ANYTHING. Maybe it's happened before and I just never saw it. Also I just mean they kinda screwed up last year and didn't have a pick this year, so getting the 9th for almost nothing was good. OEL/Garland sure but players that weren't much for the future anyway. OEL wanted out i think 2 seasons ago? lol

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I mean, I've never seen them get something without giving up ANYTHING. Maybe it's happened before and I just never saw it. Also I just mean they kinda screwed up last year and didn't have a pick this year, so getting the 9th for almost nothing was good. OEL/Garland sure but players that weren't much for the future anyway. OEL wanted out i think 2 seasons ago? lol

Not so many literal nothings, but a large sprinkling of "future considerations" or "conditional 7th round pick".

https://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Arizona_Coyotes/1

I guess the Habs are open to trading their first round pick. 

trade the 3rd overall for Jack Eichel, trade Manson for 31, draft Logan Stankoven…profit it’s that easy 

23 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Not so many literal nothings, but a large sprinkling of "future considerations" or "conditional 7th round pick".

https://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Arizona_Coyotes/1

haha i love just seeing "no return, simply a salary dump" lol also this is missing the Ghost Bear "trade" ....fascinating time

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

What exactly do you think Manson's value is? Risto has been a consistent 40+ point D-man on a terrible team, and even then this looks like a substantial overpay. If Bob could get a 1st, a 2nd, and a former 2nd rounder for Manson, I'm sure he'd do it. But that's a pipe dream.

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1418630932953772041?s=20 

He’s not very good. Buffalo made out like bandits on this one. Can’t believe they got what they did for 1 year of him. I assume he has more reputation around the league than Manson does based on past history/draft status, and that would be a key reason Manson can’t fetch that kind of deal. 

It’s looking like Columbus got a great return for 1 year of Jones, though that’s a bit different since Jones is signing an extension and he’s a better player. 

Coyotes did well in their trade too. 

It would have been nice to get a top 15 pick for Manson though. 

2 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

He’s not very good. Buffalo made out like bandits on this one. Can’t believe they got what they did for 1 year of him. I assume he has more reputation around the league than Manson does based on past history/draft status, and that would be a key reason Manson can’t fetch that kind of deal. 

It’s looking like Columbus got a great return for 1 year of Jones, though that’s a bit different since Jones is signing an extension and he’s a better player. 

oh wow, this whole time i thought seth jones was a UFA lol this makes a little more sense to me, but yes, it does sound like an extension is coming in hot....

Coyotes are winning right now. And Buffalo finally got their pretty one-sided deal with the flyers lol

Wow, the Jones deal is looking even better for Columbus. It looks like they are getting a good young defenseman, 1st, 2nd, and swapping 1st’s for the higher pick. 

Come on Murray, get someone to overpay for Manson 😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Philly overpaid for Risto for sure. But Risto is 3 years younger than Manson and has scored 94 points the past three (partial) seasons, compared to Manson’s 32 points. Manson has also missed close to 60 games the past two seasons and now has a concussion history. Risto is also one of the league’s leaders in hits and blocked shots every season. He’s basically what Hakanpaa would be if Hakanpaa could score 40-50 points year in and year out. I know what the underlying metrics say about both guys, but in the NHL you get trade value for hard stats far more than you do fancy stats. I mean, look at what Columbus just got for Jones, a guy whose analytics aren’t as special as the trade would suggest they are.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are just spectators to what is happening in the rest of the league?  I swear that feeling hasn’t been this bad since the Pierre Page / Craig Hartsburg days.  Sometimes I wonder if we are even in the same league. 

2 hours ago, DT2008 said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are just spectators to what is happening in the rest of the league?  I swear that feeling hasn’t been this bad since the Pierre Page / Craig Hartsburg days.  Sometimes I wonder if we are even in the same league. 

If you see what buffalo got for Risto I´m afraid for what they´re asking for Eichel. I don´t blame BM for not overpaying. But that Reinhart rumored asking price is something we should have been in on.

5 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Atkinson for vorakec from phil

Not sure about this one… seems like Philly took that one and ran with it . Gritty’s brother has left the building .

• Sad 1

Just saw that TFP has us as one of the teams interested in kuznetsov. I sincerely hope that´s a joke. I really can´t see BM being interested in him. Might as well add DeAngelo to the mix then and ruin the team completely.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Reinhart traded to Florida for a 2022 first and Devon Levi (G). Thought he'd get more than but still a good deal for both teams, 

Curious how florida is gonna handle that extension. He´s got one year remaining. Same for Barkov. Huberdeau the year after. Meanwhile they´re still paying bobrovsky 10 mil.

• Like 1

Just came across this interview with Eddie Olczyk.

https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/playlist/22/listen-30186.html?cb=1626817306.319766

key moment is with about 7:30 left where Edzo says the Ducks had a major deal in place at the TDL with the Canes for Gibson, but that the Canes pulled out at the last moment. If true, I wonder if they’re going to revisit this now that Nedeljkovik has been sent to Detroit for Bernier.

• Confused 1