The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

14 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Just came across this interview with Eddie Olczyk.

https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/playlist/22/listen-30186.html?cb=1626817306.319766

key moment is with about 7:30 left where Edzo says the Ducks had a major deal in place at the TDL with the Canes for Gibson, but that the Canes pulled out at the last moment. If true, I wonder if they’re going to revisit this now that Nedeljkovik has been sent to Detroit for Bernier.

Oh man, Carolina with Gibson would be a force to be reckoned with. How could they not revisit it? Didn't Nedelkovik cost them Game 1 against Tampa with a brutal late goal? No word on what the return would have been?

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/playlist/22/listen-30186.html?cb=1626817306.319766

key moment is with about 7:30 left where Edzo says the Ducks had a major deal in place at the TDL with the Canes for Gibson, but that the Canes pulled out at the last moment. If true, I wonder if they’re going to revisit this now that Nedeljkovik has been sent to Detroit for Bernier.

WOW!!!! huge if true.....who would it have included? I assume it would have included Ned and like...Aho? Svenchikov? 1st rounder 2021/22?

...don't tell me it would have been for Fleury lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

That could have been YUGE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

So yeah....Don't like that. Thought it was pretty much a lock that he was coming back, maybe not as much.

oh wow...that makes me feel very sick....there's no way, right? no way he doesn't re-sign? after what he just said earlier in the year? he'll do whatever to help this team out?

ugh...im getting Kariya vibes.....ptsd from 2003

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

oh wow...that makes me feel very sick....there's no way, right? no way he doesn't re-sign? after what he just said earlier in the year? he'll do whatever to help this team out?

After all he has endured, I'm sure he isn't stoked about playing for a minor league coach.

None of the new draft picks are probably ALL that stoked about the coach either.

I hope he stays.  Can't imagine him on any other team.

But he does deserve better.

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

So Gibby, Rico, and a 2022 2nd for Hakanpaa, then?  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

For me it speaks volumes of how this team is run. If it's so bad that Getz wants to test the market then... I really don't blame. Enduring the return of Carlyle then seeing his twin bought out must have been hard. Then playing for an inept coaching staff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hoxxey said:

After all he has endured, I'm sure he isn't stoked about playing for a minor league coach.

None of the new draft picks are probably ALL that stoked about the coach either.

I hope he stays.  Can't imagine him on any other team.

But he does deserve better.

I don't think any of the new draft picks care lol theyre stoked to be in the NHL! Eakins will be a step up from where they were. Also, it's very well documented how much players like playing under Eakins. Or at last LIKE him.

He does deserve better, but we should be making this team better to do that. Which...im sure we all agree with haha

2 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

For me it speaks volumes of how this team is run. If it's so bad that Getz wants to test the market then... I really don't blame. Enduring the return of Carlyle then seeing his twin bought out must have been hard. Then playing for an inept coaching staff.

oh i think bringing RC back he had a hand in...just based off of his comments about it at the time. But I do remember him being vocal about the Penner trade to the Caps and I'm sure he was pretty unhappy with the Perry buyout. He wasn't the same after that. Coaching staff has change a little now...so maybe that helps?

I hope its just a rumor or a negotiating technique...

17 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

So yeah....Don't like that. Thought it was pretty much a lock that he was coming back, maybe not as much.

Before we all react like the Ducks are the problem, maybe we should know what his ask is first. 

16 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Before we all react like the Ducks are the problem, maybe we should know what his ask is first. 

Here’s his ask:

Getzlaf: Murph, can you add some legitimate top-6 forwards and a decent coach so we don’t suck again this year?

Bob: Sure, I’m adding Mike Stothers so we can work with Steel to get him back into a top-6 role. 

Getzlaf: […] <_<

Shane O’Brien: The Captain Ryan Getzlaf not close right now…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If BM is serious about his job he goes after Laine. Sure we may have drafted well (only time will tell) but unless a guy like Tracey or Perreault makes the jump and lights it up our scoring will still be pretty bad. 

Laine may be a floater but he can put it in the back of the net. We need that more than anything.

Don´t know what kind of value it would take but he has only 1 year remaining. Reinhart got a prospect and a 1st rounder. I´m not keen on parting with our 2022 1st rounder but I´d consider it for a sign and trade.

7 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

If BM is serious about his job he goes after Laine. Sure we may have drafted well (only time will tell) but unless a guy like Tracey or Perreault makes the jump and lights it up our scoring will still be pretty bad. 

Laine may be a floater but he can put it in the back of the net. We need that more than anything.

Don´t know what kind of value it would take but he has only 1 year remaining. Reinhart got a prospect and a 1st rounder. I´m not keen on parting with our 2022 1st rounder but I´d consider it for a sign and trade.

we can lottery protect it. Florida did and it's SUPER unlikely they get a high pick next year.

43 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

The Reinhart deal was for a 2022 first round pick unless it was a top 10 pick. If it is a top 10 then Buffalo gets the 2023 pick. If Columbus is willing to give up Jones why not Laine? Maybe it takes a little more but....oh wait, it's Murray.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

If Murray's job hinges on the Ducks making the playoffs or at least being in the mix all the way through next season then he's losing his job no matter what. Eichel, Laine aren't changing that, IMO. Our 2nd best scorer is all but certain to be traded so that's not going to help. Rakell, Lindholm and Manson's futures with the Ducks are very uncertain and the Ducks haven't been good even with them over the last three years. Our 2022 pick is likely another top-10 and can be more valuable than our pick this year. There's no scenario right now to where'd I'd give it up, same goes for 2023.

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I still think that he ultimately signs but I don't like hearing that he's expected to sign when FA opens up and it's pretty much a done deal to they are far apart and he might test the market.

10 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

The Reinhart deal was for a 2022 first round pick unless it was a top 10 pick. If it is a top 10 then Buffalo gets the 2023 pick. If Columbus is willing to give up Jones why not Laine? Maybe it takes a little more but....oh wait, it's Murray.

Jones was a year away from being a UFA and told Columbus that he wasn't going to re-sign. So, they had to trade him order to get max value. Laine is difference since he's an RFA and won't be a UFA for two more years. Maybe Columbus moves him down the road but there's no need for them to do it now.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

BM doesnt have the bawls or skill to craft a trade of magnitude.  He is so on the edge of losing his job he wont take the chance.  Which is precisely why he will eventually lose his job....Yellow stripe on this jersey

On 7/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Garland and OEL to Vancouver with the 9th overall pick involved. I’m white knuckling until I hear Ducks news. 

Glad to see another team embrace a rebuild before Murray does.

Looks like It...Still wait for Stubborn Bob to Do something.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Jones was a year away from being a UFA and told Columbus that he wasn't going to re-sign. So, they had to trade him order to get max value. Laine is difference since he's an RFA and won't be a UFA for two more years. Maybe Columbus moves him down the road but there's no need for them to do it now.

What is up with Columbus though? All their big guys didn't want to resign or want out over the last few years. 

1 hour ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Laine was incredibly bad last year. No thanks

I know his....inconsistency left me concern but not sure how He will fit in Columbus.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

What is up with Columbus though? All their big guys didn't want to resign or want out over the last few years. 

Torture-ella. He's had beefs with Dubois, Duclair, Laine, Johansen, and also slandered Panarin and Bobrovsky after leaving Columbus. There's probably more I'm forgetting. Good coach who's capable of getting results out of weaker rosters but he seems like he'd have one of the worst personalities in the locker room.

3 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Laine was incredibly bad last year. No thanks

Yeah, his stock is way down but Columbus’ asking price would still be high. It makes way more sense for Columbus to hope he rebounds his value under a new coaching staff, and they might even want to keep him if he does. It also doesn’t make sense for teams to pay a premium for someone coming off such a down year. Bad timing for a Laine trade for all involved right now. 

44 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Torture-ella. He's had beefs with Dubois, Duclair, Laine, Johansen, and also slandered Panarin and Bobrovsky after leaving Columbus. There's probably more I'm forgetting. Good coach who's capable of getting results out of weaker rosters but he seems like he'd have one of the worst personalities in the locker room.

Torts seems to have a very short shelf life. He’ll come and have your team put it all on the line and worn hard for 3-5 years, but he’ll scare away any high end offensive talent and the team will quit on him. 

6 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Looks like It...Still wait for Stubborn Bob to Do something.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

As I said before, since I have ZERO confidence in our manager, I am, perfectly ok with him doing nothing. The more he stays still, the easier will be a job for his successor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Idk you really think it's all in Torts? I mean Seth Jones already stated that he wouldn't resign after his contract was over but Torts is gone. So why would he leave if it was only Torts? Seems like there's a bad vibe in that locker room or something. Ever since they went all in on the playoffs things have just fallen apart pretty badly. 

4 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Idk you really think it's all in Torts? I mean Seth Jones already stated that he wouldn't resign after his contract was over but Torts is gone. So why would he leave if it was only Torts? Seems like there's a bad vibe in that locker room or something. Ever since they went all in on the playoffs things have just fallen apart pretty badly. 

Even if he is gone, Jones could have a sour taste in his mouth. Like if the GM or owner was backing Torts in some situation and Jone is bitter about that too. If you really dislike someone or feel betrayed by a boss, it’s hard to look past that. Columbus is a beautiful city, and the weather there definitely is not worse than Chicago. But I agree it is strange everyone keeps leaving or wanting out.

8 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Carter wanted out of there long before Torts was involved with the franchise.

Is Columbus just a crappy place to live?

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

Carter wanted out of there long before Torts was involved with the franchise.

Is Columbus just a crappy place to live?

it's not....it's gotta be owners, right? GM? The GM was selling columbus really hard on Friday, defending the team and city despite it's history of players wanting out....i dunno...

Friedman now has Calgary, Anaheim and Minnesota being the front runners for Eichel now. Can we just be put out of our misery one way or the other on this?

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke