The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

On 8/19/2021 at 9:19 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Doesn't this show him trending in the wrong direction?

On 8/24/2021 at 9:28 AM, Jasoaks said:

awww i thought Manson had ties to Winnipeg....dad, right?

It's a shame these players seem to want to keep playing in Anaheim lol

As far as the price....I mean, I get why BM would want BOTH for each player. Manson/Rakell are not a 1-for-1 type of player. Especially if that ONE piece isn't really proven (although a top prospect isn't the worst...)

Problem is if Manson isn't playing well up to the TDL he's not even going to get a 1st rounder or maybe nothing at all if he can't trade him. Manson and Rakell could just happily walk and test free agency next summer. I can understand Rakell having more value but Manson? If BM turned down a 1st round pick only from a team that wasn't on Mansons NTC list then he's nuts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nieder said:

Tweet is sarcastic I assume. Just shared to you show that there is noticeable decline in Lindholm’s game already. Now that can be for a number of reasons, but I still think it’s a good case for trading him to acquire futures for the rebuild. 

I hope the next GM stays away from NTC'S. Guys like Manson, Henrique, Silf, Shattenkirk never should've even been offered one. 

I'd say the same for the upcoming UFA's in Lindholm and Raks. If they don't like that, let em go. 

On 8/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, nieder said:

Yes, but not a very long indication of it.  In the nest to last season, 76% on this team is fantastic.  In the last season, he was injured, which calculates into it (slightly).  6 of 8 over 75% is nice.

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Yes, but not a very long indication of it.  In the nest to last season, 76% on this team is fantastic.  In the last season, he was injured, which calculates into it (slightly).  6 of 8 over 75% is nice.

The trend is the concern. He's had dramatic drops the last 2 seasons according to this graph. If the trend continues then he's in the bottom half of the league this coming year. You could say last year was due to injury but still.

Edited by nieder

On 8/30/2021 at 12:39 PM, nieder said:

The trend is the concern. He's had dramatic drops the last 2 seasons according to this graph. If the trend continues then he's in the bottom half of the league this coming year. You could say last year was due to injury but still.

I definitely don’t think Lindholmis bad, but yes this is my point. He’s not getting younger, he’s had issues staying healthy, he plays a pretty physical game. Ducks really should look to get value for him. Imagine what you nab in next draft with a mid-to-late first first round pick + maybe a prospect or more picks. Ducks draft very well imo. So they need to play to that strength. 

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

https://theathletic.com/realtime/z9nbJdjVkyIF

Eric Stephens has backtracked on this. There was no trade between Winnipeg and the Ducks for Manson that Manson rejected. Stephens has apologized unequivocally for this error.

Just saw that too. Don’t really know what that means, maybe makes me slightly less optimistic that he’s being shopped?

52 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Just saw that too. Don’t really know what that means, maybe makes me slightly less optimistic that he’s being shopped?

Yeah, that's one fewer piece of evidence that the Ducks might do the right thing and trade Manson (or at the very least, refrain from re-signing him to an extension).

On 8/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, CharlieConway said:

I hope the next GM stays away from NTC'S. Guys like Manson, Henrique, Silf, Shattenkirk never should've even been offered one. 

I'd say the same for the upcoming UFA's in Lindholm and Raks. If they don't like that, let em go. 

They're pretty common, so if we want players ar certain skill or age levels, we're going to need to use NTC.

• Like 2

Well there goes my plan of acquiring Dvorak. I wonder if BM has blisters on his behind from all that sitting around. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Well there goes my plan of acquiring Dvorak. I wonder if BM has blisters on his behind from all that sitting around. 

Yeah. When Arizona and Buffalo have off seasons that make more sense than yours, it should be a humbling experience.

20 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah. When Arizona and Buffalo have off seasons that make more sense than yours, it should be a humbling experience.

It just confirms my belief that BM truly thinks Anaheim is a playoff team and doesn't need anything or it could just be that he can't sell anyone on accepting a trade including Henrique, Steel, Lundestrom, Jones or anyone besides Z and Drys. He probably can't even get Sami to come back to Anaheim.

12 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Pretty brutal . Is it weird that I don’t even sigh anymore when this stuff happens . All jokes aside, what is this guy doing (not doing) ? It’s past laughable , now it’s just painful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

It just confirms my belief that BM truly thinks Anaheim is a playoff team and doesn't need anything or it could just be that he can't sell anyone on accepting a trade including Henrique, Steel, Lundestrom, Jones or anyone besides Z and Drys. He probably can't even get Sami to come back to Anaheim.

Goes to show Stubborn Bob has ONCE AGAIN FAILED to pull off a Roster Shakeup Trade.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, gotchabari said:

They're pretty common, so if we want players ar certain skill or age levels, we're going to need to use NTC.

None of the people I listed should warrant a NTC

Silf, Henrique and Shattenkirk? absolutely not. 

Lindholm and Raks? maybe a few years ago but certainly not at the moment. 

Gibson and Getzlaf are the only two players that warrant a NTC as it stands.  

Edited by CharlieConway

Either GMBM is A) Completely incapable of  brokering a trade or enticing a UFA to come to Anaheim or B)  He is determined to do nothing to improve this team in the short term. I'm leaning toward option B.

I think he has decided to continue to play this crop of disappointing prospects for the next two seasons until Zegras and Drysdale develop into full fledge NHL players. Until then he is going to sit on his hands and drink his beer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Either GMBM is A) Completely incapable of  brokering a trade or enticing a UFA to come to Anaheim or B)  He is determined to do nothing to improve this team in the short term. I'm leaning toward option B.

I think he has decided to continue to play this crop of disappointing prospects for the next two seasons until Zegras and Drysdale develop into full fledge NHL players. Until then he is going to sit on his hands and drink his beer.

Your not the only one who sees this....Clearly Stubborn Bob is staying the course.....and this will once again test our Patience.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I like how it's NOW when his team is at rock bottom that he decides to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing. After all these years of pointlessly trading guys like DSP and Penner when the team is contending for a title, handing out wild contracts to Stoner and Bieksa in that same period, or throwing someone like Cogliano under the bus cause the team is in a spiral.. Nah, now is when fresh faces aren't welcome. We haven't been competitive or even building towards something in years, I'm so psyched to see the exact same product on the ice all over again.

• Sad 2

I went away for the weekend. Did anything happen?

Lol just kidding, I know nothing happened.

4 hours ago, CharlieConway said:

I can't believe there is a single soul that watched last years Ducks team and said to themselves "lets bring that exact same team back!"

Bob is a very strange GM. 

Not only that but what about our owners? Either:
- A: they don't give a damn
- B: they are the most gullible people and believe everything BM tells them
- C : They got caught doing something shady and BM has proof

They could at least make BM going public with his bold strategy of doing nothing that we the fans know what the hell is going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CharlieConway said:

I can't believe there is a single soul that watched last years Ducks team and said to themselves "lets bring that exact same team back!"

Bob is a very strange GM. 

He's more then Strange GM he is STUBBORN at best.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Just read on Twitter from SiriusXM host John Hoven that the Murray’s most recent offer included two roster players… one unnamed and the other John Gibson, for Eichel… if I were Gibson, I’d feel so deflated going from the second worst to the worst team in the league! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, loggoog said:

Just read on Twitter from SiriusXM host John Hoven that the Murray’s most recent offer included two roster players… one unnamed and the other John Gibson, for Eichel… if I were Gibson, I’d feel so deflated going from the second worst to the worst team in the league! 

You’d have to assume Buffalo would want him only so they could flip him for other assets. There’s no point in Buffalo acquiring a guy like Gibby at this stage of their rebuild.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, loggoog said:

if I were Gibson, I’d feel so deflated going from the second worst to the worst team in the league!

well it might actually be the opposite next season.... :P 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, loggoog said:

It's funny cause he'd still get more goal support in Buffalo