The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

20 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

This is brilliant.

I'm okay with them stealing this idea!  Like you said, another fanbase of 2-3 million has to contain some serious hockey fans, and Ducks fans.  Get them integrated.

That train ride would be fun.  If they made it fun.

22 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Neither sell out as it is, so not sure it would change.  There are more Kings sweaters, sure, but I tend to think we have a more true fans within our clump of sweaters.    

I live in Studio City. First I have to say that the San Fernando Valley has tons of knowledgeable Kings fans...I'm generally surprised that i see way more Kings stickers here than anywhere else in SoCal. I also agree it's a numbers games. The ratio of true fans vs casual fans vs bandwagoners are the same for Kings and Ducks i think.

I do love the idea of the Ducks train to SD. It's brilliant. Reminds me of the road games back home in Switzerland. Generally there's a special train(s) usually reserved for the road fans to travel. There would be hundreds in the train already drinking, singing, chanting before we even got to the destination.

Edited by gilligoos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Ducks signed Tobias Reider to a PTO, so at least we know that Murray has not completely vanished into the Upside Down

Or has he?

10 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Ducks signed Tobias Reider to a PTO, so at least we know that Murray has not completely vanished into the Upside Down

He's supposedly not handling the contracts anymore (Solomon is), so this proves nothing. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Could be a Weekend at Bernie’s situation going on then  

LOL. I keep having the movie "Dave" run through my head every time I see GMBM on the zoom videos these days. 

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Oh, wow!  He's from Landshut, which is a small town outside of Munich, but one that was home to a press manufacturer I used to represent.  Funny to think this kid was probably running around at 5 years old when I took my trip there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

He's supposedly not handling the contracts anymore (Solomon is), so this proves nothing. :lol:

I don't know, adding an offensive black hole to a team that can't score seems like a pretty Murray thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Signing for our Ducks just wondering IF they like what they see in Tobias...btw IF they sign him he will be 2nd German Ducks will have signed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, nieder said:

I don't know, adding an offensive black hole to a team that can't score seems like a pretty Murray thing to do.

True. And he's essentially a 4th line energy guy who is good on the PK. So a left-shot Rowney.

Yep, that's got Bob Murray written all over it. I wonder which young player he pushes out of the line up...

50 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

True. And he's essentially a 4th line energy guy who is good on the PK. So a left-shot Rowney.

Yep, that's got Bob Murray written all over it. I wonder which young player he pushes out of the line up...

There's a lot of excitement among prospect guys for Groulx.  That's my bet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I wonder too....But we will soon find out.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, dtsdlaw said:

Smart money is on Steel.  Look at all the C's they will have - Getzlaf, Henrique, Zegras, Lundestrom, Grant, Steel.  And then look at the LW - Comtois, Jones, Deslauriers, Volkov, Milano, Rieder, (I think Rakell will start the season at RW because Silf will be on IR) possibly, depending on who is at C, one of Grant, Lundestrom, Steel, Henrique.

If Rieder is in the lineup, either Volkov or Steel - or both - will not be.

10 spots filled - Getzlaf, Henrique, Zegras, Grant, Lundestrom, Rakell, Comtois, Terry, Jones, Deslauriers

1 - guy on IR - Silf

4 guys for two spots - Steel, Volkov, Milano, Rieder (5 if you count Robinson, but I think he is most likely headed to SD).

On 9/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, tommer-1 said:

Smart money is on Steel.  Look at all the C's they will have - Getzlaf, Henrique, Zegras, Lundestrom, Grant, Steel.  And then look at the LW - Comtois, Jones, Deslauriers, Volkov, Milano, Rieder, (I think Rakell will start the season at RW because Silf will be on IR) possibly, depending on who is at C, one of Grant, Lundestrom, Steel, Henrique.

10 spots filled - Getzlaf, Henrique, Zegras, Grant, Lundestrom, Rakell, Comtois, Terry, Jones, Deslauriers

1 - guy on IR - Silf

4 guys for two spots - Steel, Volkov, Milano, Rieder (5 if you count Robinson, but I think he is most likely headed to SD).

Cool Interesting observation on how our Ducks will look once they are assemble for the 29th NHL Season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, tommer-1 said:

1 - guy on IR - Silf

I had no idea Silf was starting the season on IR. How long is he supposed to be out?

4 hours ago, nieder said:

I had no idea Silf was starting the season on IR. How long is he supposed to be out?

I can't recall what the time frame on his recovery from surgery was.  Let me look for it.

4 hours ago, nieder said:

Read was few months not sure if it was either 5 or 6 months...Supposely he will be ready in late Nov.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, 4 months from his surgery would be 8/23/21, 6 months would be 10/23. Not sure if that is a return to ice date or a return to game-ready date.

There is no recent news I could find.  Just stuff from late April.

I just thought I read somewhere that he would be on IR to start the season.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31317916/anaheim-ducks-jakob-silfverberg-hip-surgery-4-6-months

16 hours ago, ike8228 said:

I just did my hockey draft and I saw Hampus was on IR, at least for fantasy he had the tag…anyone know if that’s true?

I think he has recovered...I am going to look into it IF he is ready to go.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Anyway read that Gibson article in the athletic? Saying he wants to win, everyone wants to win...while we are rebuilding....just...obviously everyone wants to win, but you can't do both. If you want to rebuild, you're not gonna win.... if you're winning...you're probably not rebuilding (unless you're just super lucky!) I think we need to trade him. Honestly, he was an untouchable for me or a while...and I'd still hate to lose him...but he can do more good somewhere else and we'd get a good amount back...and we probably are just wasting away some of his best years. I think he'll be great for a while, but right now he needs to be on a competitive team.

get him over to Edmonton and then we get Draisitle lol

16 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Anyway read that Gibson article in the athletic? Saying he wants to win, everyone wants to win...while we are rebuilding....just...obviously everyone wants to win, but you can't do both. If you want to rebuild, you're not gonna win.... if you're winning...you're probably not rebuilding (unless you're just super lucky!) I think we need to trade him. Honestly, he was an untouchable for me or a while...and I'd still hate to lose him...but he can do more good somewhere else and we'd get a good amount back...and we probably are just wasting away some of his best years. I think he'll be great for a while, but right now he needs to be on a competitive team.

I couldn’t agree more. Guys fed up. Trade him to Dallas along with Manson for Robinson and Hintz . Money doesn’t add up, but we all know we could retrieve a great package for him . Help the rebuilding process.

Edited by yeaitsme

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Can't blame him All Ducks Fans want this team to win including our team and Myself......What's important is how our team produce the Results WE WANT.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

17 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

I couldn’t agree more. Guys fed up. Trade him to Dallas along with Manson for Robinson and Hintz . Money doesn’t add up, but we all know we could retrieve a great package for him . Help the rebuilding process.

If Gibson wants to be traded, he needs to improve his overall performance. GM's around the league are closely watching his performance; they also aware about his contract numbers. Nobody cares about distant past history, they more concerned on how he performed the last 2-3 years. For Gibson to increase his trade value, he needs to have a great season this year and stop allowing soft goals almost every other game.

As far as Fowler, the same issue: it won't be easy to move him contract as well, IMHO.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

If Gibson wants to be traded, he needs to improve his overall performance. GM's around the league are closely watching his performance; they also aware about his contract numbers. Nobody cares about distant past history, they more concerned on how he performed the last 2-3 years. For Gibson to increase his trade value, he needs to have a great season this year and stop allowing soft goals almost every other game.

As far as Fowler, the same issue: it won't be easy to move him contract as well, IMHO.

Well only Gibson will be traded is to how our Ducks Pan out this season...Wait and see approach is important for us all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

23 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'd want him gone if he didn't feel this way. 

He's a leader and accepting losing is not something that is healthy for anyone in that room. He's one of the few guys on this team that is still passionate about the game and has a desire to play in completive games. Keep Gibson and get rid of anyone that's satisfied with being home for the playoffs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

If GM's watch his performance, they'd see he faces more quality shots than most goalies in the past 2 seasons. 

He won't have a good season. Bob Murray has made sure of that by sitting on his ass all summer. 

Larrsson and Shattenkirk will easily be in the running for the worst pair in the entire league. Who knows if Lindholm, Fowler and Manson can stay healthy and even if they can, how good will they be? Drysdale is not an NHL player and playing him there does him and the team a great disservice. 

The forwards are somehow even worse than the D-core, so you can forget about the team actually playing in the other teams O zone this season. 

Gibson will be completely worn out mentally and physically by January, unless some sort of miracle happens and suddenly the rest of the league forfeits the season and the ducks are awarded with the stanley cup. 

Sadly, Gibsons reputation and trade value will continue to go down until he either leaves the team or the team develops some decent players.  

How much blame for the current disaster falls on Getzlaf?   I would prefer that he would be much more vocal about the state of the team.