The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

3rd Jersey 2018

Terrible. The Ducks Reddit sub is in love with it - but the people on that sub seem to be obsessed with anything to do with the old logo and the old colors.

Are people too old to remember the constant stream of crap we got from other hockey fans for our Mickey Mouse quality design?

• Like 3

I think they're OK.

They're the mixture of the classic purple based Ducks jersey and the current standard NHL design.

What I hate are the shoulders, they should have left those purple with a white line or simply white. Too much teal.

I don't get the 'numbers problem'. They are exactly the same that have been used since the rebranding.

Edited by DucksProg

Looking at the Pics of the event Ducks held at HB...I can say is WOW.....imho there is alot of symbolism they have 1. The Colors have all 7 Colors Ducks worn over the 25 years in this alt Uniform show the apperication of the Past...Yes they were lean years often bad but our Team like us withstood criticism and the Mockery for the Disney link.2. Merging both designs......If you look at the Old Mighty Ducks Jeresy Designs and Current Ducks Jeresy they both have unique qualities. Combining them both is another example of link between Past and Present.

All in all this 3rd Jeresy....6th in Ducks History is by far imho the Best and will grow on us. Questions,Comments anyone?

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Any word on the pants and socks? Probably a safe bet to say they'll be boring black as usual. I have no idea what they were going for though. The shoulders look like they want to be traditional but it clashes hard with the rest of the design. Heck, that D logo inside of the shoulders clashes with them too. Not to mention those slanted stripes which makes the whole thing look squished. I'm also not a fan of another black sweater, especially since they threw basically every other colour on it. What a mess lol. I guess it wouldn't really be the Ducks without an awful third sweater right? 

Edited by PetrSykora

21 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

It looks like they found left over fabric and sewed it all together. 

That thing is ugly

At least they didn't put the pregnant :t_hot_unread: 25th anniversary patch on it. 

• Like 3

It leaves me wondering if the Ducks are rebranding to black and teal in the next few seasons... to trick the refs, Toronto, and George Parros.

I don't understand the middle ground between retro and modern. I mean I get it, they want to connect the two for the 25th. But the final product does not work.

The above picture Jiggy posted says it all. It looks like an abandoned love child between SJ and LA. It's unfortunate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Not the best, but I think it looks better than the orange jumpsuits...so progress?

Looks better than the Dodger Orange sign cones, absolutely. That's not exactly a standard I'd  standby.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, I don't think any other team rocks purple. So why take away the unique eggplant color? Off all the things retro. Go eggplant, not the teal color that is 366 miles north. Or standardizd black that is LA.

While, I'm with everyone, the original MD Logo is cool. Everything else is left wanting. It's so... "I bought this in Tijuana in 95"

• Like 1

I like the old logo. Did not like the plum purple. This jersey design isn’t bad but it isn’t great either. I feel like they almost got it.... and yes it does look like a combo jersey between SJ and LA. 

Just now, RobD360 said:

I like the old logo. Did not like the plum purple. This jersey design isn’t bad but it isn’t great either. I feel like they almost got it.... and yes it does look like a combo jersey between SJ and LA. 

.... but it’s not bad either....

can’t keep from looking at it....

..... growing on me.....

noooooooooooo.........

yessssssssses..........

...........maybeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Here's the thing.  Is it an improvement? Yes. Is that saying much? No because we have the worst jerseys. Could they of gotten it better pretty easily? Yes....

WHY do they hate plum so much? It's the only unique color we had that no one still has and they make it as minimal as possible I just don't get it. The people involved in designing the gear and merch need to be completely fired and shire a completely new staff because they just don't have much in the creativity department. This shouldn't be that hard people....

It's an improvement but definitely not a win. I'll just keep my old stuff, I don't wanna give the NHL or Ducks any money anyway until they stop all the virtue signaling anyway.

We don't have the worst jerseys.  :unsure:

I for one don't mind the orange. At least it ties in with "Orange County" and the whole orange thing. Glad they're going back to that next year as the "third" or maybe even the primary if previous rumors are to be believed. 

Will pass on this anniversary one. Totally agree with the post above that said it looks like a cross between the Sharks and Kings jersey. Ugh.

• Like 3

So like most Ducks fans (I hope), I have my own modest collection of Ducks Jerseys. I have the eggplant road jersey from the '90's (Starter), the '03-'06 third jersey (KOHO), the '14-'17 white road jersey (Reebok), the orange third jersey (Reebok) and a peculiar Mighty Ducks jersey that is that is purple but not eggplant with the same striping as the '90's jersey and it also has round Mighty Ducks of Anaheim shoulder patches (CCM). That jersey also has teal coloring that the new third jersey has. I see the difference between the teal and jade but teal pops out a little more. Maybe that's why they went with it for the new third jersey.

I'm just glad we are only wearing them this year. They're bad. The shoulders don't look like they belong, and as others have pointed out it just looks like a Sharks concept.

For the bazillionth time:

Make. A. Traditional. Hockey. Sweater. With. The. Original. Logo.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, Jiggy2win said:

DiqMa24UwAAeHdF?format=jpg&name=medium

Look I know most love it...Others Hate it while some are in between...But imho This Uni is a symbolic gesture of our team's Unique History Nothing more. I understand the Critics But beleive me this is a Pretty retro look combining Many styles.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck