The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

3rd Jersey 2018

I really don't understand who they have in their design department (or who is responsible for hiring the design firm and approving their work) that they consistently fail at this stuff.

• Like 4

I gonna Shock you all...But imho I like the Look...Symbolic one for the Ducks 25th Anniversay...Better Perhaps who knows best Ducks Design out of the six 3rds in our team's History.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

nhl-guardian-the-duck.jpg?w=584

After sleeping on it for a week, the new 3rds could have been worse. Point in case (see above image), they could have updated the Wild Wing jersey for the new millennium.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, poum said:

nhl-guardian-the-duck.jpg?w=584

After sleeping on it for a week, the new 3rds could have been worse. Point in case (see above image), they could have updated the Wild Wing jersey for the new millennium.

I remeber I am thinking of Batman When I saw that.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Bringing this up again because I'm seeing comments on other sites about pre-orders and the dates they are wearing these. Does anybody else hate these as much as I do? 

I really don't understand this groundswell of support that the former logo and colors have gotten in the last few years.  I remember a change away from the old 'Disney logo' getting a pretty positive response from fans when it was done. A lot of people hated the old logo and colors and welcomed change. Now it seems like everybody wants to go back to the old colors and logo, no matter how fugly the jersey is. I really don't get it. People that love the old stuff - were you fans of the team before the change? Do you remember the constant stream of crap we got as fans about being a Disney team, a cartoon, etc? I can't not think of the Sharks when I see so much teal.

I don't hate the old logo and I'm happy for it to be our third logo, but I also prefer the orange and black over 2 colors that have never gone together.

Edited by nieder

I don't think they are that bad but my biggest issue is keeping with the Orange. They better not change that, the Orange jerseys looked good and i like the Paint it Orange. This different color just makes the Rink look like the sharks are in the house. We wont be able to show our colors when we keep mixing them all up. There will be lots of these colors in the stand and it should be the Orange / White/ Black. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axkick23 said:

I don't think they are that bad but my biggest issue is keeping with the Orange. They better not change that, the Orange jerseys looked good and i like the Paint it Orange. This different color just makes the Rink look like the sharks are in the house. We wont be able to show our colors when we keep mixing them all up. There will be lots of these colors in the stand and it should be the Orange / White/ Black. 

Ducks 25th Anniversary Uni's are GREAT...that is my opinon.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/14/2018 at 8:42 AM, nieder said:

Bringing this up again because I'm seeing comments on other sites about pre-orders and the dates they are wearing these. Does anybody else hate these as much as I do? 

I really don't understand this groundswell of support that the former logo and colors have gotten in the last few years.  I remember a change away from the old 'Disney logo' getting a pretty positive response from fans when it was done. A lot of people hated the old logo and colors and welcomed change. Now it seems like everybody wants to go back to the old colors and logo, no matter how fugly the jersey is. I really don't get it. People that love the old stuff - were you fans of the team before the change? Do you remember the constant stream of crap we got as fans about being a Disney team, a cartoon, etc? I can't not think of the Sharks when I see so much teal.

I don't hate the old logo and I'm happy for it to be our third logo, but I also prefer the orange and black over 2 colors that have never gone together.

I don't think it was as much the logo as it was the name. Naming a team "Mighty" followed by anything is just opening up the door for ridicule (imagine if the Sharks would have been called the "Great White Sharks of San Jose"). I don't think the crap would have been any different if the original logo had been the webbed :t_hot_unread:. Also, the association with Disney and the fact that the team was created because of a kids movie, the ridicule was just waiting to happen. That's why everything changed when the logo and colors were updated. The Ducks were no longer "Mighty" but even then and up to now, the media still calls the team the Mighty Ducks sometimes.

I honestly hate the old colors but I like the old logo more so than the webbed :t_hot_unread:. I don't know what they were thinking with the new third jersey. It's like they had some left over material and decided to put it on the shoulders. I think they should have whited out the webbed :t_hot_unread: on the shoulders as well and just left the shoulders alone or piped.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:34 PM, perry_mvp said:

I don't think it was as much the logo as it was the name. Naming a team "Mighty" followed by anything is just opening up the door for ridicule (imagine if the Sharks would have been called the "Great White Sharks of San Jose"). I don't think the crap would have been any different if the original logo had been the webbed :t_hot_unread:. Also, the association with Disney and the fact that the team was created because of a kids movie, the ridicule was just waiting to happen. That's why everything changed when the logo and colors were updated. The Ducks were no longer "Mighty" but even then and up to now, the media still calls the team the Mighty Ducks sometimes.

I honestly hate the old colors but I like the old logo more so than the webbed :t_hot_unread:. I don't know what they were thinking with the new third jersey. It's like they had some left over material and decided to put it on the shoulders. I think they should have whited out the webbed :t_hot_unread: on the shoulders as well and just left the shoulders alone or piped.

Welll perry_mvp they wanted Ducks 25th Uni to be a Symbolic look.. And they got response which was mixed. I do feel that combing some of the  Ducks Uniform Designs was important.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/19/2018 at 1:01 PM, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

They should have given it a little orange

Orange would not hurt...besides 7 colors is to rep Ducks Colors of the Past,Present and Future.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, nieder said:

Honestly I've always much preferred the old look to the current one. The whole Disney thing never really bothered me but that probably has to do with the fact that I was a kid back in those days. Even now when fans of other teams bring it up as an insult I still don't really see it as something to be ashamed of. If I had to guess why the Mighty Ducks are popular again, I'd say it has to do with that initial target demographic growing up, the general 90s nostalgia in our culture nowadays, and a bit of distaste towards this current iteration of the Ducks. It's easy to forget how the Mighty Ducks were amongst the highest selling sports merchandise of that decade despite being in the least popular league in North America. Not that what we have now with the orange and gold is bad (especially when you compare it to some of the other garbage teams are willingly suiting up in) but it doesn't stand out in the same way the old uniforms did. You'd think the organization would fully embrace that and just roll with a proper throwback instead of all these messy homages to the past. 

These new thirds need to be flushed down the toilet though. All these weeks later and it still hasn't grown on me at all. Only good thing I can say about it is how they changed the colour of the hockey sticks behind the duck mask from yellow to orange. Seriously though, what's the point of having an alternate uniform that's the same colour as your primary? That's only acceptable if it's a throwback and you're a team that's worn the same colours for decades. The whole pacific division outside of Canada needs to step away from black. We were on the right track with the orange thirds from a couple of seasons ago. Ripping off your division rival is like a good 20 steps backwards.  

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:42 AM, nieder said:

The people who wanted a change from the logo and colors always used them as a proxy for Disney.  They didn't want the team to be treated like an NHL laughingstock.  I never cared about that.  Disney didn't manage the team particularly well, which I did care about, but the logo and colors were fine.  And I have a lot of nostalgia for them.

That said, I don't mind the orange and black, but the old logo is much better than the newer one.

6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

The people who wanted a change from the logo and colors always used them as a proxy for Disney.  They didn't want the team to be treated like an NHL laughingstock.  I never cared about that.  Disney didn't manage the team particularly well, which I did care about, but the logo and colors were fine.  And I have a lot of nostalgia for them.

That said, I don't mind the orange and black, but the old logo is much better than the newer one.

We all have preferences and Favs there Gorby...me it's always either Ducks D,wordmark or Mighty Ducks Logo...i like them all but imho Mighty Ducks Logo is my always number 1 Logo of Hockey follow by Ducks Wordmark.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/20/2018 at 11:07 PM, PetrSykora said:

The whole pacific division outside of Canada needs to step away from black. We were on the right track with the orange thirds from a couple of seasons ago. Ripping off your division rival is like a good 20 steps backwards.  

Haha, I'm sure you loved the new Sharks 3rds. They actually look clean. But yeah. Hurray, more black!

Stupid Calgary did something right.

Edited by poum

Hi Guys,

Not sure if any of you will know this but I cant find any way to email the NHL shop. I'm in Scotland, UK and have had every official Ducks top they have ever brought and I always get it with my own name and number on the back. I am waiting to order this new one but all they have is blank or Getzlaf's. Does anyone maybe have any insider knowledge on if they are going to sell a customisable one like all the others?

On 9/25/2018 at 3:22 AM, poum said:

Haha, I'm sure you loved the new Sharks 3rds. They actually look clean. But yeah. Hurray, more black!

Stupid Calgary did something right.

I appreciate the 2 thin bands of teal on the sleeves with that wacky pattern stuffed in between them. So much thought into something that will immediately disappear the second the team takes the ice. Hopefully it's a metaphor for the season they'll have :ph34r:

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

For those who hate this year’s 3rd jersey. 

D3FfQ61UcAAuEyo?format=jpg&name=medium

April Fools?

18 minutes ago, nieder said:

April Fools?

15 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

😂

Wish you had waited for some to respond. Twitter was hysterical!