DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

447 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

😂 

@icemancometh

Cam Fowler is asking for the conference call number and pass code.

hahahaha that's so good

23 hours ago, poum said:

I think modern engineering has your back covered. It won't be a giant swimming pool unless they want it to be.

For anecdotal evidence, the driest place in the city tends to be underground.

550169.jpg

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

😂 

@icemancometh

Cam Fowler is asking for the conference call number and pass code.

I was just watching the NHL Network and they were talking about this play.  One of the commentators said, and I quote, "I feel bad for Mark Giordano.  I know the intent wasn't there."

I want to strap this guy to a chair and force him to watch the Giordano knee on Fowler repeatedly until 2019.  Giordano is a dirty thug.

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I was just watching the NHL Network and they were talking about this play.  One of the commentators said, and I quote, "I feel bad for Mark Giordano.  I know the intent wasn't there."

I want to strap this guy to a chair and force him to watch the Giordano knee on Fowler repeatedly until 2019.  Giordano is a dirty thug.

He and Brown consistently go knee to knee and get away with it. 

Edited by DuckFan4Life
1 person likes this

Calgary’s Mark Giordano has been suspended for two games for kneeing Minnesota’s Mikko Koivu.

3 people like this

11 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Calgary’s Mark Giordano has been suspended for two games for kneeing Minnesota’s Mikko Koivu.

Should be 2 years. It's mindblowing Cogliano got the same treatment. Damn giordano is a disgrace. 

2 people like this

Any reason Laviolette would start Saros against Flames ?

6 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Any reason Laviolette would start Saros against Flames ?

He wanted to hand the Flames an easy win. Flames are unstoppable atm. Despite the Ducks recent 5 game winning streak they keep losing ground to Calgary. 

7 hours ago, gotchabari said:

That was actually an impressive rebound. Tim Peel has gonads of steel to have a shot bank off his junk from the corner and into the goal.

Not sure if anyone is watching this Caps/Canes game...but Ovechkin's 2nd goal...WOW what a missed call by the ref...

The Cane player in the shooting lane, challenging Ovechkin, gets pushed completely out of the way by a Caps player...and then Ovechkin just takes advantage of that new, open space and skates right up and scores. I mean...that was pretty bad.

Ovechkin with another hat trick, that's 28 goals in 31 games! He's scoring at nearly a goal per game pace! I don't think that's sustainable but that's insane. What is he going to end up with at this pace 70 goals for the season?

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Not sure if anyone is watching this Caps/Canes game...but Ovechkin's 2nd goal...WOW what a missed call by the ref...

The Cane player in the shooting lane, challenging Ovechkin, gets pushed completely out of the way by a Caps player...and then Ovechkin just takes advantage of that new, open space and skates right up and scores. I mean...that was pretty bad.

Star players seem to always get preferential treatment from the referees.  Should not happen but it does.  Especially that guy.

If they called a penalty on the play, they would have to take criticism and heaven forbid that ever happen...

Those egomaniacs with a whistle are the worst scenarios.

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

just watched the game summary on youtube. That should have been an interference call. I say that as someone who is a fan of both the Capitals and Ovechkin.

8 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

just watched the game summary on youtube. That should have been an interference call. I say that as someone who is a fan of both the Capitals and Ovechkin.

agreed...and I, too, am an Ovi fan. Honestly...all I want is Ovi to score goals haha but that one shouldn't have happened at all!

9 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Star players seem to always get preferential treatment from the referees.  Should not happen but it does.  Especially that guy.

If they called a penalty on the play, they would have to take criticism and heaven forbid that ever happen...

Yeah, in the moment I'm sure they feel that way...but honestly, either way you're having people complain...so you might as well make the right call and have THAT be the complaint. We need better refs...there are some good ones out there...but it's far and few between.

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@buffalosabres

Forward Patrik Berglund has been suspended indefinitely by the organization due to failure to report to the team.

Crazy. If Skinner has been a perfect fit in Buffalo, Berglund has been the opposite. He’s been terrible. Should keep reporting to collect his paycheque though. Is he trying to force a trade? 

12 hours ago, hoxxey said:

As a referee myself, for the most part the game simply happens too fast to give star players preferential treatment. It’s more likely they just missed it in the moment, and even if they realised after a few seconds they aren’t going to make a call that late. 

I do think TEAMS get treated better or worse, as it’s easier to be biased against or towards a colour in a split second decision.  

Edited by nieder
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, nieder said:

Crazy. If Skinner has been a perfect fit in Buffalo, Berglund has been the opposite. He’s been terrible. Should keep reporting to collect his paycheque though. Is he trying to force a trade? 

Supposedly hasn't asked for one up to this point. 

Despite a nice game, Rags can't win :( Knights with 2pts in OT.

Blues Kings & Hawks should be relegated in AHL.

1 person likes this

Seems Flyers fired Hekstol and hired Quenneville. Not 100% confirmed yet.

Scratch that, that team is a dumpster fire. No hopes. Battle with Kings for best #1 pick chances. 

On a side note, everyone was loling at Pacific Division. Flames Ducks Sharks and Knights are pretty hot in the last 10..