DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

477 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Max Domi's hearing with @NHLPlayerSafety is slated for 12:30 pm ET today

Montreal’s Max Domi suspended for the remainder of the preseason for roughing Florida’s Aaron Ekblad.

17 hours ago, Fowl said:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/max-domi-strangely-sucker-bombs-aaron-ekblad-preseason-game-025235229.html

Max is just like his Dad.  A couple of beads off.  If it weren’t for hockey, he’d be locked in a cell somewhere.  Violent temper and unpredictable.  Ekblad is genuinely surprised what happened.  Hope Max gets a couple of games and labeled as an offender.

Soon as I saw the name, I wasn't surprised. Cheap shot artist, can't play tough, plays wrong.

Wait, remainder of the preseason? Da fuq? NHL, you a joke!

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1042860855463960578

Edited by Drake12

Austin Watson's appeal hearing with a neutral arbitrator to his 27-game suspension for domestic abuse is slated for next Wednesday

Per CBA rules, Karlsson prohibited from signing an EIGHT year extension from the Sharks until after the trade deadline.  He can sign a 7 year or less extension now.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Soon as I saw the name, I wasn't surprised. Cheap shot artist, can't play tough, plays wrong.

Wait, remainder of the preseason? Da fuq? NHL, you a joke!

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1042860855463960578

Domi will be a scratch when Florida plays Montreal, OR Domi will get his face rearranged by Michael Haley.  Haley is an under 6’0” very capable goon who will fight anyone.  Well over 100 fights in the AHL/NHL.

Retribution coming.

Edited by Fowl

Islanders Sign Luca Sbisa

September 24th, 2018 at 2:17pm CST • By Brian La Rose

Luca Sbisa‘s tryout with the Islanders was a successful one as the team announced that they have signed the defenseman to a one-year contract.  Financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Islanders Sign Luca Sbisa

September 24th, 2018 at 2:17pm CST • By Brian La Rose

Luca Sbisa‘s tryout with the Islanders was a successful one as the team announced that they have signed the defenseman to a one-year contract.  Financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

One year at $1.5M. On a side note, Etem appears to have passed the first round of Kings cuts so maybe he gets a shot too.

That’s a big deal. I doubt Murray would have done that with Theodore’s lack of games performing at that level. Could work out well for both parties though.

Good for Theordore. Not a full single season under his belt and he walks away with a fat contract. Though I do think, he started in the AHL because of cap reasons or something like it.

16 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

One year at $1.5M. On a side note, Etem appears to have passed the first round of Kings cuts so maybe he gets a shot too.

Good for Etem! i seem to remember him saying he grew up as a Kings fan or something.

8 hours ago, poum said:

Good for Theordore. Not a full single season under his belt and he walks away with a fat contract. Though I do think, he started in the AHL because of cap reasons or something like it.

I feel like that is happening a lot...players getting big contracts that have yet to really show they are worth that amount -- but just show they have the potential. I feel like Karlsson did more to show he deserved a bigger contract than Shea. I'm more just thinking Kane/Draisitle...both of which getting HUGE contracts...both of which have yet to even get 30 goals.

18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Good for Etem! i seem to remember him saying he grew up as a Kings fan or something.

I feel like that is happening a lot...players getting big contracts that have yet to really show they are worth that amount -- but just show they have the potential. I feel like Karlsson did more to show he deserved a bigger contract than Shea. I'm more just thinking Kane/Draisitle...both of which getting HUGE contracts...both of which have yet to even get 30 goals.

Yah, some of these contracts are getting dumb. Excuse me, have been dumb. Some players like McJesus makes sense. You gotta throw money at that thing. Draisaitl seems way excessive but he's been a multiple 70+ point producer, that will probably work out in the long run. While on the other hand, someone like Eichel in BuffaLOL has only hit 60+ points with a cap around $10M. I know it's their franchise player which all their hopes and dreams rely on but damn, 60 point players be expensive, son.

When the Ducks traded Pronger for an up and coming D-man named Luca Sbisa. Sbisa was ultimately signed for 3% of the cap (circa 2011). Where as Theodore takes up almost 7%.

2 people like this

Seems Smith-Pelly has a problem with getting in shape. 

September 25th, 2018 at 5:51pm CST • By Brian La Rose

Although Devante Smith-Pelly’s absence from Washington’s lineup so far this preseason has been conditioning-related, Isabelle Khurshudyan of the Washington Post reports that the Capitals won’t be taking the same route that Tampa Bay did with Jake Dotchin by seeking to terminate his contract.  GM Brian MacLellan noted last year that Smith-Pelly’s conditioning level wasn’t ideal in his first training camp with the team but the 26-year-old wound up being an important contributor for them in the postseason.  It certainly appears that his second campaign with the team will start in a similar manner.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, poum said:

Yah, some of these contracts are getting dumb. Excuse me, have been dumb. Some players like McJesus makes sense. You gotta throw money at that thing. Draisaitl seems way excessive but he's been a multiple 70+ point producer, that will probably work out in the long run. While on the other hand, someone like Eichel in BuffaLOL has only hit 60+ points with a cap around $10M. I know it's their franchise player which all their hopes and dreams rely on but damn, 60 point players be expensive, son.

When the Ducks traded Pronger for an up and coming D-man named Luca Sbisa. Sbisa was ultimately signed for 3% of the cap (circa 2011). Where as Theodore takes up almost 7%.

Yes, exactly! Contracts like McDavid's or Tavares or Doughty...or whatever Karlsson ends up getting (oh man am I hoping they need to shed Kane to make room for EK...or they can't get EK 'cause of the Kane contract!)...totally get it. The Oil are lucky Draisitle seems to be working out. He's only 22...and he is likely to get better. Eichel already has a $10mil contract?! Wow!...that's...that's a bit soon...Theodore might end up working out though. But a player like Kane...he's potentially at his peak right now...he's 27. He's in his prime. Maybe he has a career season coming up...we'll see. At least all the others have proved it or at least are very young and have much more room to grow.

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Seems Smith-Pelly has a problem with getting in shape. 

September 25th, 2018 at 5:51pm CST • By Brian La Rose

Although Devante Smith-Pelly’s absence from Washington’s lineup so far this preseason has been conditioning-related, Isabelle Khurshudyan of the Washington Post reports that the Capitals won’t be taking the same route that Tampa Bay did with Jake Dotchin by seeking to terminate his contract.  GM Brian MacLellan noted last year that Smith-Pelly’s conditioning level wasn’t ideal in his first training camp with the team but the 26-year-old wound up being an important contributor for them in the postseason.  It certainly appears that his second campaign with the team will start in a similar manner.

ah, that sucks.  he needs to capitalize on his chances better.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

ah, that sucks.  he needs to capitalize on his chances better.

LOL.

Sucks that DSP hasn't kept up with it, new coach and he knew it. Trotz may have let him slide, Reirden regime, probably not so much.

1 person likes this

NEWS:  All-Star D Seth Jones to miss 4-6 weeks due to knee injury suffered vs. Buffalo on Tuesday night. An MRI today revealed 2nd degree MCL sprain. #CBJ

On 9/26/2018 at 1:02 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

St. Louis’ Robert Bortuzzo will have a hearing tomorrow for Elbowing Washington’s Michal Kempny.

St. Louis’ Robert Bortuzzo suspended for the remainder of the preseason and one regular season game for Elbowing Washington’s Michal Kempny.

2 people like this

I’m at the Capitals v Blues game in Washington. Wilson just destroyed a guy with a check to the head. Suspension incoming. 

The guy will never change. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I’m at the Capitals v Blues game in Washington. Wilson just destroyed a guy with a check to the head. Suspension incoming. 

Yup, that's getting slapped with a suspent.

7 hours ago, nieder said:

Jesus. The guy is just a massive idiot. What a turd

1 hour ago, Myuyum said:

Charks getting spanked.

New guys on both sides score EK for Sharkies and Patches for the Showers. Always nice to have your investments start to pay off early. 

What Wilson did was basically a faster version of the same hit on Silfverberg that got Torres thrown out of the league. Pointless and violent hit from a pointless and violent player. He'll sit anywhere from 1 to 10 games and before you know it, we'll be having this sort of discussion again come November. 

1 person likes this

Which the fart signs Wilson for $5. What a donkey.