The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jasoaks said:

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

No sympathy here either. However, I'd prefer they just call these as 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. It's not really a slash and to call it one creates more of that "what is or is not a penalty?" confusion that plagues the game. But it was still Marchand trying to poke the goalie in the back of the leg with the blade of his stick for no reason other than to just be a rat. If the league wants to get rat-like behavior out of the game, they need to punish it on the ice, not with a dumb fine a day later.

• Like 3

The Toronto/Columbus game is currently being played in the 3rd period.

Neither team has been called for a penalty.  The referees are letting everything go.  I can't imagine that happening with the ducks.

The go ahead goal by Toronto was : "Hymen won the face-off and "went to the net" (ducks don't do that much) - Reilly (he who scored in overtime against the ducks) shot from the point and it went in off Hymen.  Why?  He went to the net.  What a concept.  

Blues have gone 7 periods without scoring a goal...

Yeo's firing can't be far off. And possibly Joel Q's hiring...

Edited by Jasoaks

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting. 

20 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Edmonton just fired Todd McLellan (hired Hitchcock). 

Your move Bob.

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

15 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

22 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

Got that right.

14 hours ago, Myuyum said:

7-0 Flames lol

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

Based on the fact that the ducks can't beat Vegas it seems obvious where things will end up.

11 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting. 

There are 8 teams in the league below .500 and 5 of them are from the Pacific division. It's crazy how bad this division is. 

2 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Based on the fact that the ducks can't beat Vegas it seems obvious where things will end up.

Honestly between our current coach, all the injuries and our GM's unwillingness to make any moves, I'm resigned to the fact that Anaheim isn't going to make the playoffs. Might as well tank and try to get a top-3 draft pick.

Gibby is going to be great for this franchise for a long time, but right now it's kinda a shame that he's so good. He's probably the only reason we aren't seeing Anaheim at the bottom of the league standings.

Edited by nieder

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Honestly between our current coach, all the injuries and our GM's unwillingness to make any moves, I'm resigned to the fact that Anaheim isn't going to make the playoffs. Might as well tank and try to get a top-3 draft pick.

Seems like that is where the team is headed.   The unwillingness to do anything is frustrating...

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Gibby is going to be great for this franchise for a long time, but right now it's kinda a shame that he's so good. He's probably the only reason we aren't seeing Anaheim at the bottom of the league standings.

We have a great goalie tandem right now...and it's unfortunate...it's one year too late. We should trade Miller to a team in need of goalie support and see what we can get back. Although with the way the Pacific has been so far, our mediocre play could still find us in the playoffs and then...well, it's a different season! So...maybe it's better to hold on to Miller till the trade deadline and see where we're at.

• Like 2

GMBM is not that bad :

Edmonton Oilers under Daryl Katz:

21st in 2009

30th in 2010

30th in 2011

29th in 2012

24th in 2013

28th in 2014

28th in 2015

29th in 2016

8th in 2017

23rd in 2018

26th (currently)

Draft picks those years :

2009 10th

2010 1st

2011 1st

2012 1st

2013 7th

2014 3rd

2015 McDavid

2016 4th

2017 22nd

2018 10th

1 hour ago, Myuyum said:

Lucic has 2 goals in last 66 games for 7M a year ? I think I could do that.

Make sure you're going around out of position and hitting people and playing dirty. Your job is really to protect McDavid.

The announcer just said that Hitchcock is finally coaching the team that he "dreamed to coach"...  What?

Has there ever been a guy coaching who doesn't look athletic - at all?  He sure doesn't...  Too many pies...