Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Edmonton just fired Todd McLellan (hired Hitchcock). 

Your move Bob.

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

Got that right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Myuyum said:

7-0 Flames lol

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nieder said:

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

Based on the fact that the ducks can't beat Vegas it seems obvious where things will end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting. 

There are 8 teams in the league below .500 and 5 of them are from the Pacific division. It's crazy how bad this division is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Based on the fact that the ducks can't beat Vegas it seems obvious where things will end up.

Honestly between our current coach, all the injuries and our GM's unwillingness to make any moves, I'm resigned to the fact that Anaheim isn't going to make the playoffs. Might as well tank and try to get a top-3 draft pick.

Gibby is going to be great for this franchise for a long time, but right now it's kinda a shame that he's so good. He's probably the only reason we aren't seeing Anaheim at the bottom of the league standings.

Edited by nieder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nieder said:

Honestly between our current coach, all the injuries and our GM's unwillingness to make any moves, I'm resigned to the fact that Anaheim isn't going to make the playoffs. Might as well tank and try to get a top-3 draft pick.

Seems like that is where the team is headed.   The unwillingness to do anything is frustrating...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nieder said:

Honestly between our current coach, all the injuries and our GM's unwillingness to make any moves, I'm resigned to the fact that Anaheim isn't going to make the playoffs. Might as well tank and try to get a top-3 draft pick.

Gibby is going to be great for this franchise for a long time, but right now it's kinda a shame that he's so good. He's probably the only reason we aren't seeing Anaheim at the bottom of the league standings.

We have a great goalie tandem right now...and it's unfortunate...it's one year too late. We should trade Miller to a team in need of goalie support and see what we can get back. Although with the way the Pacific has been so far, our mediocre play could still find us in the playoffs and then...well, it's a different season! So...maybe it's better to hold on to Miller till the trade deadline and see where we're at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GMBM is not that bad :

Edmonton Oilers under Daryl Katz:

21st in 2009

30th in 2010

30th in 2011

29th in 2012

24th in 2013

28th in 2014

28th in 2015

29th in 2016

8th in 2017

23rd in 2018

26th (currently)

Draft picks those years :

2009 10th

2010 1st

2011 1st

2012 1st

2013 7th

2014 3rd

2015 McDavid

2016 4th

2017 22nd

2018 10th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myuyum said:

Lucic has 2 goals in last 66 games for 7M a year ? I think I could do that.

Make sure you're going around out of position and hitting people and playing dirty. Your job is really to protect McDavid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The announcer just said that Hitchcock is finally coaching the team that he "dreamed to coach"...  What?

Has there ever been a guy coaching who doesn't look athletic - at all?  He sure doesn't...  Too many pies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oilers win it in OT...would have preferred in regulation, but that's ok, at least the sharks lost.

I don't know what Jones is doing...his movement from left to right had no push and he lead with the stick...no wonder such a slow, easy to stop puck went in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Oilers win it in OT...would have preferred in regulation, but that's ok, at least the sharks lost.

I don't know what Jones is doing...his movement from left to right had no push and he lead with the stick...no wonder such a slow, easy to stop puck went in.

I cracked up last night when I saw the clip of the winning goal posted on Facebook with some title like 'McDavid Magic'. He literally throws it in front and it hits Draisaitl in the leg and goes in the net, all in slow motion. I mean, McDavid is good enough that you don't have to imply some fluke goal was magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hoxxey said:

The announcer just said that Hitchcock is finally coaching the team that he "dreamed to coach"...  What?

Has there ever been a guy coaching who doesn't look athletic - at all?  He sure doesn't...  Too many pies...

Hitchcock was born and raised in Edmonton and grew up as an Oilers fan :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Hitchcock was born and raised in Edmonton and grew up as an Oilers fan :)

I lived in Edmonton for a few long months years ago.  It was called "Edmon - chuck".  A horrible place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

I lived in Edmonton for a few long months years ago.  It was called "Edmon - chuck".  A horrible place.

I love it personally. The winters are cold but you get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blues with their first win since ages.. against Preds 6-2. LOL TRASHVILLE.

Also Vancouver with the L in the L8. Battle vs the Kings tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Blues with their first win since ages.. against Preds 6-2. LOL TRASHVILLE.

Also Vancouver with the L in the L8. Battle vs the Kings tomorrow.

I feel like that Van-LA game is a win/win for us (unless it goes into OT). LA wins and it just helps distance us from Vancouver in the standings which is great since they are closer to us. And a Van win is just great 'cause then the Kings lose lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one way to keep the fans in the arena until the end of the game.  I’m personally disappointed when our fans start leaving w it’s minutes left.  Last night was a prime example of staying until the end. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

This is one way to keep the fans in the arena until the end of the game.  I’m personally disappointed when our fans start leaving w it’s minutes left.  Last night was a prime example of staying until the end. 

 

I need this explained to me. What's going on? I like it though. Looks like they are doing something for a something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...