The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

12 hours ago, RobD360 said:

I think Dubas is bluffing here. He’s always known that he cant sign Nylander AND also give out huge contracts to Marner and Mathews AND Kapanen the following year from the beginning. I actually don’t believe that Nylander wants $8 mill either. I think Dubas wants to play the public and it’s fans into thinking it’s Nylander that doesn’t want to play ball not Dubas. And also why should Nylander sign to some lowball offer from Dubas anyways when his favorite boys are going to get massive contracts? And even if Nylander signed with Tor he would prob still be the one holding the short stick when Dubas needs to trade someone because he can’t afford all those expensive contracts.

Listen. Dubas is a smart kid and knows that it is better to deal away an asset that he won’t be able to keep now and instead try to swing a deal to bring in something his team needs like a good defenseman instead who costs less than 5mill a year. He knows that he has a good team with great offense already (without Nylander) and that missing piece is for the backend. If he really is smart he will acquire that defensive piece for Nylander by tomorrow.  With a good trade tomorrow, Tor will be a solid cup contender (they already are). In fact I think he’s sitting on the trade transaction and waiting till the last minute because he knows that all the other teams’ trades are hinging on Nylander and so it’s a way to possibly screw over other teams by limiting their trade window.

My prediction is that he gets traded and signs for far less on another team than what we have been supposedly reading.

We shouldn’t always believe what these GMs or even players say publicly anyways they rarely tell us the truth. It’s always roses and peaches and they always have the best things to say about each other which is B-S that video that was leaked from the OTT players is the real deal. The truth is only told behind the scenes. 

Wow. What a rant.....

I agree. I would think the trade makes the most sense, too. But...and unless I'm misunderstanding something...he would need to trade Nylander AND he would need to sign with that new team in the span of the next 2 hours...and unless teams have been talking to Nylander...I don't see how that happens. And I'm pretty sure if teams have been talking to Nylander this would have been leaked by now.

In 2 hours, unless he's signed with Toronto, no GM will be interested. I think right now Nylander will sign the offer and then he'll be traded. Which I think is what you're predicting, right?

6 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

E.K overrated imo

He's not what the Sharks needed...if they needed an EK type player to win the cup they would have won it with Burns in 2016...

But to be fair, EK is the kind of guy that will be clutch in the playoffs...so...Sharks are probably thinking they just need to make the playoffs and then see the full power of EK

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I agree. I would think the trade makes the most sense, too. But...and unless I'm misunderstanding something...he would need to trade Nylander AND he would need to sign with that new team in the span of the next 2 hours...and unless teams have been talking to Nylander...I don't see how that happens. And I'm pretty sure if teams have been talking to Nylander this would have been leaked by now.

In 2 hours, unless he's signed with Toronto, no GM will be interested. I think right now Nylander will sign the offer and then he'll be traded. Which I think is what you're predicting, right?

Either way he will be traded, yes. He won’t play with Tor again. 

Regarding the timeline for trade and sign. I don’t know exactly but it would seem to me that Tor can trade him up to 2pm pacific time and the team he gets traded to has more time to sign him or Nylander is signed by Tor and then traded. 

Under 1 hour to go. I keep refreshing my internet to see if anything has happened yet

This only solidifies the fact that either he or Marner or Mathews ((or Kapanen) gets traded. Impossible to keep them all. But having them all 3 play for this season is pretty good too. They are cup contender for sure

Looks like Nylander caved a bit. Understandable considering it was either that or no NHL hockey. Toronto did pretty well here. 1 year deal or a 2-3 bridge deal would have been bad for Toronto if Nylander continued his performance or even got better. 

Wow, Toronto gave him just under 25 million in signing bonus money according to Pierre Lebrun. 

6 x $6.9M for Nylander

First year salary is pro rated $10M salary (6.77 M) plus a full $2M signing bonus. Net number of $8.77M. AAV of $10.2M. In out years, the AAV is $6.996M. In year two, base salary is $700K, SB of $8.3M. In remaining years, $2.5M in base salary plus $3.5M SB.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1068988011872841728

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1068990736668839936

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 1

$6.9m per year for 6 years is what I’m seeing?

I think the Leafs still trade him to make room for Matthews and Marner. Maybe not until the offseason. 

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

If you look at the way the contract is structured he’ll be affordable for every team in the league after year 2. He’s very expensive the 1st 2 years.

Wouldn’t be surprised that it went to the wire because Dubas was still negotiating with the team they are going to trade him to in the offseason. Tor keeps Nylander and pays for one of the first 2 expensive years while the team taking him will continue with the 2nd expensive year. It would seem like a good compromise between both teams.... of course this is just my wild speculation but if you think about it, it makes sense. This possibly opens the door to a deal with the Ducks this offseason. Tor will be happy to use Nylander for a cup run this year before gaining a defenseman in the offseason though I think Tor is better served with getting a good dman for this years cup run as they are already offensively gifted  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Either way he will be traded, yes. He won’t play with Tor again. 

Regarding the timeline for trade and sign. I don’t know exactly but it would seem to me that Tor can trade him up to 2pm pacific time and the team he gets traded to has more time to sign him or Nylander is signed by Tor and then traded. 

Under 1 hour to go. I keep refreshing my internet to see if anything has happened yet

I was doing that too haha

Any details on his NTC or NMC???

Not a bad deal but even if Marner & Matthews take discounts and say they sign for 8 & 9 mil (optimistic) that's still 35 mil tied up in 4 players.

Freddie, Kadri, Marleau & Reilly take up some 20 mil. That leaves some 25 mil to fill out the roster ( don't know whether the cap is gonna rise though). 

I think the leafs better win it this year and let Nylander walk in the summer.

I hate the Leafs. That contract is structured so stupid. I hope they lose Matthews because of it. They won't but it's a desperate hope I'll cling too.

[Edit] and yes, I realize it was brillianty structured for the long game. But still reaks of cap circumvention within the existing rules.

Edited by poum

6 hours ago, Myuyum said:

The Hawks are horrible.. damn.

Let's hope they remain horrible till Wednesday at least.

And they did win 3 Stanley Cups in 5 years so if I were a fan I wouldn't mind :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
The #leafs didn't place anyone on waivers at noon. May be a sign they have a trade in the works to open up a roster spot.

Working on the details, but sounds like Maple Leafs forward Josh Leivo is in the process of being traded.

Leivo to VAN

Edited by DuckFan4Life