The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

$6.9m per year for 6 years is what I’m seeing?

I think the Leafs still trade him to make room for Matthews and Marner. Maybe not until the offseason. 

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

If you look at the way the contract is structured he’ll be affordable for every team in the league after year 2. He’s very expensive the 1st 2 years.

Wouldn’t be surprised that it went to the wire because Dubas was still negotiating with the team they are going to trade him to in the offseason. Tor keeps Nylander and pays for one of the first 2 expensive years while the team taking him will continue with the 2nd expensive year. It would seem like a good compromise between both teams.... of course this is just my wild speculation but if you think about it, it makes sense. This possibly opens the door to a deal with the Ducks this offseason. Tor will be happy to use Nylander for a cup run this year before gaining a defenseman in the offseason though I think Tor is better served with getting a good dman for this years cup run as they are already offensively gifted  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Either way he will be traded, yes. He won’t play with Tor again. 

Regarding the timeline for trade and sign. I don’t know exactly but it would seem to me that Tor can trade him up to 2pm pacific time and the team he gets traded to has more time to sign him or Nylander is signed by Tor and then traded. 

Under 1 hour to go. I keep refreshing my internet to see if anything has happened yet

I was doing that too haha

Any details on his NTC or NMC???

Not a bad deal but even if Marner & Matthews take discounts and say they sign for 8 & 9 mil (optimistic) that's still 35 mil tied up in 4 players.

Freddie, Kadri, Marleau & Reilly take up some 20 mil. That leaves some 25 mil to fill out the roster ( don't know whether the cap is gonna rise though). 

I think the leafs better win it this year and let Nylander walk in the summer.

I hate the Leafs. That contract is structured so stupid. I hope they lose Matthews because of it. They won't but it's a desperate hope I'll cling too.

[Edit] and yes, I realize it was brillianty structured for the long game. But still reaks of cap circumvention within the existing rules.

Edited by poum

6 hours ago, Myuyum said:

The Hawks are horrible.. damn.

Let's hope they remain horrible till Wednesday at least.

And they did win 3 Stanley Cups in 5 years so if I were a fan I wouldn't mind :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
The #leafs didn't place anyone on waivers at noon. May be a sign they have a trade in the works to open up a roster spot.

Working on the details, but sounds like Maple Leafs forward Josh Leivo is in the process of being traded.

Leivo to VAN

Edited by DuckFan4Life

The first 10min or so.  basicaly Ny was a purchase for a run at the cup.  reasonable, under the circumstances.  and if they start falling down on D, they have someone they can trade for almost anyone.

21 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Let's hope they remain horrible till Wednesday at least.

And they did win 3 Stanley Cups in 5 years so if I were a fan I wouldn't mind :)

They should FIRE their coach !!  oops -  they already did - not performing up to their standards :P

2 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

They should FIRE their coach !!  oops -  they already did - not performing up to their standards :P

Yeah that was a pretty horrible move on their part. It's not that they're playing much better under the new coach. Please don't start to play well tomorrow :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Seattle 2021 22

Exciting!...sucks we will lose another good player...but...I'm excited nonetheless.

Although will this move the Coyotes to the Central? That would be unfortunate for us :P

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Thankfully it’s 21 and not 20. We’d have to protect 3 players with NMC if it was 20.

We'll (hopefully) have to protect two anyway (Kesler will need to be protected, and Getzlaf will hopefully still be here).  Then Henrique, Kase, Ritchie, Rakell, Steel, Terry, Jones, and potentially Sprong and Aberg, at least among forwards.  Not all of those guys are going to still be around, but that also assumes Cogliano and Silf are both gone.

32 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

We'll (hopefully) have to protect two anyway (Kesler will need to be protected, and Getzlaf will hopefully still be here).  Then Henrique, Kase, Ritchie, Rakell, Steel, Terry, Jones, and potentially Sprong and Aberg, at least among forwards.  Not all of those guys are going to still be around, but that also assumes Cogliano and Silf are both gone.

With the burned ELC years how bout Lundestrom, Steel, Terry and Comtois?

Remind me again please how the 2021 date does not sakk bolls for the Ducks?

Edited by DucksProg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

With the burned ELC years how bout Lundestrom, Steel, Terry and Comtois?

Remind me again please how the 2021 date does not sakk bolls for the Ducks?

It is bad.  Also, I mentioned Steel and Terry.  I forgot Lundestrom.  Comtois will NOT need to be protected.  If he'd played one more game, he would have.

11 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

It is bad.  Also, I mentioned Steel and Terry.  I forgot Lundestrom.  Comtois will NOT need to be protected.  If he'd played one more game, he would have.

He played 10. Limit was 9. He WILL need protection.

There's no way GMBM should not have OR could not have expected this. This is a serious dropping of da ball.

Alas, it might not be his problem to clear and solve...

Edited by DucksProg

5 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

He played 10. Limit was 9. He WILL need protection.

There's no way GMBM should not have OR could not have expected this. This is a serious dropping of da ball.

It looks like you're correct.  My apologies.  Someone had posted on here that he was okay at 10 games, but that is not the case.  So yeah, add Comtois to the list.

6 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

It looks like you're correct.  My apologies.  Someone had posted on here that he was okay at 10 games, but that is not the case.  So yeah, add Comtois to the list.

Sorry mate, my anger is and should be directed toward management, not you at all, my apologies if it did not come through as such.

Yeah, we can agree this is horrible, and will be losing a player to a division rival AGAIN.

I'd send Mahura back down asap to protect him essentially.

My way too early prediction is:
Getzlaf, Rakell, Kase, Lundestrom, Comtois, Steel, Aberg/Terry - Lindholm, Fowler, Montour - Gibson

Seattle might have the pick of the litter from Manson, Aberg/Terry, Larsson. 

My sense is that Perry and Kesler will be somehow gone by then. If not, all the worse.

Edited by DucksProg

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

It gives GMBM or whomever the GM is time to prepare. At least this time, Anaheim only has one player that has to be protected unlike last time.

i think there's a 40 game minimum over the past 2 seasons in order to be eligible to be one of the necessary 1F,1D,1G players each team has to expose.

so, while many of our AHL players may not be eligible to count as a necessary exposed player, that's not the same as whether they're eligible to be stolen in the draft.

that said... BM has shown he knows what he's doing with regards to expansion drafts.  don't be too quick to judge.  plus, 2.5 seasons is a LOOOOOOOONG time.  and, remember that the team has had to make some early moves to keep players in the mix... part of a quid-pro-quo.

1 hour ago, DucksProg said:

Sorry mate, my anger is and should be directed toward management, not you at all, my apologies if it did not come through as such.

Yeah, we can agree this is horrible, and will be losing a player to a division rival AGAIN.

I'd send Mahura back down asap to protect him essentially.

My way too early prediction is:
Getzlaf, Rakell, Kase, Lundestrom, Comtois, Steel, Aberg/Terry - Lindholm, Fowler, Montour - Gibson

Seattle might have the pick of the litter from Manson, Aberg/Terry, Larsson. 

My sense is that Perry and Kesler will be somehow gone by then. If not, all the worse.

No worries, I just feel dumb for being wrong and I'm glad you corrected me.

I looked up the rules and I wanted to note that Mahura will have to be protected regardless.  Once you hit league age 20, you accrue a "professional season" if you play 10 games in the AHL, ECHL, or NHL.  In other words, it makes no difference whether Mahura plays at the NHL or AHL level as it pertains to his expansion draft status.  He will be eligible to be taken by Seattle no matter what.