The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i think there's a 40 game minimum over the past 2 seasons in order to be eligible to be one of the necessary 1F,1D,1G players each team has to expose.

so, while many of our AHL players may not be eligible to count as a necessary exposed player, that's not the same as whether they're eligible to be stolen in the draft.

that said... BM has shown he knows what he's doing with regards to expansion drafts.  don't be too quick to judge.  plus, 2.5 seasons is a LOOOOOOOONG time.  and, remember that the team has had to make some early moves to keep players in the mix... part of a quid-pro-quo.

wrong.

there's a 40/70 game minimum over the past 1/2 seasons in order to be eligible to be one of the necessary 2F,1D,1G players each team has to expose.

they've provided a summary again:

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918?tid=281011650

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

We'll (hopefully) have to protect two anyway (Kesler will need to be protected, and Getzlaf will hopefully still be here).  Then Henrique, Kase, Ritchie, Rakell, Steel, Terry, Jones, and potentially Sprong and Aberg, at least among forwards.  Not all of those guys are going to still be around, but that also assumes Cogliano and Silf are both gone.

Kesler's NMC changes to 8 teams he would not allow a trade to in 2021 so he won't need to be protected.

Cam has a M-NTC (4 teams he will go to) but I see him getting protected anyway.

Unless BM doles out a new NMC, the Ducks will be able to protect the players they want to keep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Jackets up by 3 1st minute of the 2nd.. Takes 4 goals in 10min.. 5-4 Flames

Make that 5 in 12.. 6-4. Torts going berserk.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

9-6..

bonkers.

the leafs game tonight is the only one with a sane score.

Edited by Fisix

12 hours ago, Myuyum said:

VGK takes the lead 4-3 with 1:24 remaining.. after a 4mins taken by Dowd on a stupid stupid play..

Caps really good at shooting themselves in the foot...

This isn't the Trotz caps...their defensive side of things has diminished.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:49 AM, Jasoaks said:

Exciting!...sucks we will lose another good player...but...I'm excited nonetheless.

Although will this move the Coyotes to the Central? That would be unfortunate for us :P

Yep!

Reaves semi-late hit on Tom Wilson last night was a thing of beauty.
Online right now looking for a Reaves jersey.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/12/05/the-nhls-most-valuable-teams/

Anaheim:

Value - $460M

Operating Income -$2.3M

Revenue - $134M

Need to be more careful.  Our operating income is NEGATIVE $2.3M.  The way you used the dashes, that's not clear.  The other numbers are positive.

We're one of only 6 teams with a negative operating income.

It's weird that the Leafs are second behind the Rangers with +$93M operating income.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Reaves semi-late hit on Tom Wilson last night was a thing of beauty.
Online right now looking for a Reaves jersey.

Take a look and tell me what you see.

I see Reaves skating in a straight line, Wison slicing at high speed against the grain and aiming for where Reaves will be, and turning his head to, perhaps, hit Reaves "on accident" because Wilson isn't looking where he's going.  Reaves doesn't back down from the hit, but it's shoulder to shoulder when they connect.  Wilson's helmet comes off as he's trying to sell an interference call, and Wilson bonks his own head on the ice as a result (which caused the damage, if there was any).

It sort of looks like Wilson was going to head hunt, but ran into a brick wall.  Wilson turned his head away at the last second, but otherwise they were both attempting to occupy the same spot.  Not sure if this was a good call on the ice by the refs.  Wilson appears to have made a poor mental choice on the ice.

??

Edited by Fisix
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Need to be more careful.  Our operating income is NEGATIVE $2.3M.  The way you used the dashes, that's not clear.  The other numbers are positive.

We're one of only 6 teams with a negative operating income.

It's weird that the Leafs are second behind the Rangers with +$93M operating income.

True. Should have used parentheses to show the negative. Unfortunately, I can't edit.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Take a look and tell me what you see.

I see Reaves skating in a straight line, Wison slicing at high speed against the grain and aiming for where Reaves will be, and turning his head to, perhaps, hit Reaves "on accident" because Wilson isn't looking where he's going.  Reaves doesn't back down from the hit, but it's shoulder to shoulder when they connect.  Wilson's helmet comes off as he's trying to sell an interference call, and Wilson bonks his own head on the ice as a result (which caused the damage, if there was any).

It sort of looks like Wilson was going to head hunt, but ran into a brick wall.  Wilson turned his head away at the last second, but otherwise they were both attempting to occupy the same spot.  Not sure if this was a good call on the ice by the refs.  Wilson appears to have made a poor mental choice on the ice.

??

Wilson was flying in fast. But you can see him turn his body as he's looking for the puck. Reeves absolutely leans into him.

I'm kinda excited for a Seattle team. I love Seattle. Even though I know it's probably gonna screw the Ducks.

For those in the know more than I, has it been announced where they will play? (i.e. a new arena)

Edited by poum

5 hours ago, poum said:

I'm kinda excited for a Seattle team. I love Seattle. Even though I know it's probably gonna screw the Ducks.

For those in the know more than I, has it been announced where they will play? (i.e. a new arena)

They will renovate the square-roofed venue next to the Space Needle. They said "a few miles from where the original Seattle Metropolitans had won the Stanley Cup in 1917, and where they beat the Soviets in 1974". Key Center Arena of Seattle City.

Edited by Aksun
Edit: they also said that they will make a hole in Mother Earth so deep that people will have to go DOWN to their seats when entering the arena, basically they want to play hockey in the basement.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aksun said:

They will renovate the square-roofed venue next to the Space Needle. They said "a few miles from where the original Seattle Metropolitans had won the Stanley Cup in 1917, and where they beat the Soviets in 1974". Key Center Arena of Seattle City.

Awesome. Key arena was trash back in the 90s when the Sonic's were relevant.

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Actually (to your edit) not a bad idea! If we get any more southern teams...could consider something like that to help with keeping the ice cooler?

I'd be a little worried about holes in Seattle.  Tend to fill with water.

Southern teams could maybe get away with it, give how little precip there is.

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

I'd be a little worried about holes in Seattle.  Tend to fill with water.

Southern teams could maybe get away with it, give how little precip there is.

I think modern engineering has your back covered. It won't be a giant swimming pool unless they want it to be.

For anecdotal evidence, the driest place in the city tends to be underground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Calgary’s Ryan Lomberg has been automatically suspended for one game and Coach Bill Peters has been fined $10,000 under rule 46.22, Instigating in the Final Five Minutes of Regulation.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 2