The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

That first line in Colorado, man. Ridiculous. I wonder what happens if they go cold or any of them get injured though. They're basically a one line team at this point. 

11 hours ago, poum said:

Ugh. Tim Wilson vs. the Penguins. Nothing specific. Just... Screw that guy.

Oleksiak got rocked. Damn, hope he's alright. Forgot Wilson can throw. 

Sid v. Ovi chirp show :lol:, just broadcast it already NBC. You want to pump the tires on the rivalry, that's the way to do it. Bleep the cussin' if you want, but leave the chirping in.

• Like 1

It really NHL but Holzer’s response is epic. 

The new Late Hit Rule (#153) was introduced for this season. This video from the IIHF Player Safety Committee provides information and examples how it will be enforced. Find more information here: iihf.com/en/news/8470/v…

@Korbi_Holzer There's no way you guys are serious with that, right?!? Especially the first example for the 2min minor🤔😂 Might as well start a new sport...flag hockey🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

It kind of looks like if you just dump the puck off your stick and you won't be able to get hit. That's what it seems like. That last example was avoidable as that seemed like a late hit. The others were kinda meh.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

The new Late Hit Rule (#153) was introduced for this season. This video from the IIHF Player Safety Committee provides information and examples how it will be enforced. Find more information here: iihf.com/en/news/8470/v…

@Korbi_Holzer There's no way you guys are serious with that, right?!? Especially the first example for the 2min minor🤔😂 Might as well start a new sport...flag hockey🤷‍♂️

Holzer is right on.  The NoHitLeague is coming into its own as well.  Erik Karlsson just got two games in Parros’s game of suspension darts.

Edited by Fowl

If the NHL adopts those standards the game will be boring as heck. It will destroy fore checking completely. Holzer is right. The game will become a panzy sport.

On 12/22/2018 at 0:05 AM, g20topdogg said:

It kind of looks like if you just dump the puck off your stick and you won't be able to get hit. That's what it seems like. That last example was avoidable as that seemed like a late hit. The others were kinda meh.

Ex#1 Is stupid. That rule is gonna give Canadian, American and NHL based Russians big fits when they the get penalties for simple hits during the IIHF games.

Edited by poum

On 12/21/2018 at 2:36 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Korbi just earned a new follower.

Sorry Admin., just quoting the article.

I don't subscribe to The Athletic but the highlights:

https://theathletic.com/738047/2018/12/28/stars-ownership-benn-and-seguin-holding-team-back/

Stars ownership, management go on expletive-laden tirade over poor performance from Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin

“WTF”

That’s the text that Dallas Stars CEO Jim Lites says he gets five times per game from team owner Tom Gaglardi.

It happened again on Thursday night when he was watching the Stars’ 2-0 win against the Nashville Predators.

“He’s piddleed,” Lites said on Friday afternoon. “And you know what it’s about.”

“They are fraking horse-Dehydrated Donkey Dung, I don’t know how else to put it,” Lites said. “The team was ok. But (Tyler) Seguin and (Jamie) Benn were terrible.”

The public frustration began during Thursday’s morning skate, when Stars coach Jim Montgomery told the team he was “fraking embarrassed” with the team’s practice and where they were in the standings.

For those in the Stars’ offices, that starts with the captain and the player with more job security than anyone else in the franchise.

“I don’t get...

Edited by DuckFan4Life

3 hours ago, Fowl said:

https://www.tsn.ca/stars-ceo-lites-benn-and-seguin-are-f-ing-horse-t-1.1232703

Maybe Bob can trade for the above linked manure.  If I was Benn, I’d walk in and a request a trade.

Really?

The Stars signed Seguin to an eight-year, $78.8MM extension just a few months ago after the star forward publicly expressed his disappointment that they hadn’t worked out a deal yet, and are already paying Benn an average of $9.5MM per season to captain the Stars for majority of the next decade.

52 minutes ago, Aksun said:

They're just ranting. Nobody's gonna pickup the two big contracts. It's a scare tactic by the DS management.

I think the CEO is an idiot.  Regardless of how they perform, they are going to get paid, and both have NMCs.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 8:08 AM, Fowl said:

I think the CEO is an idiot.  Regardless of how they perform, they are going to get paid, and both have NMCs.  

Sounds like he had a bit too much bourbon and then got into a " discussion " with someone who happened to be sober - that is terrible management/ownership behavior. IMHO

Wouldn't be surprised if the next thing you know it will  " be LITES out "  ( couldn't resist it ) :P

Winter Classic between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Outdoor Games features an intermission special + interview with PK Subban. Seems legit. 

Edited by PetrSykora

What is going on?! The ducks are on a 10 game losing streak and are still in the playoffs somehow?!!!!! The western conference is absolute junk right now. Everyone below the ducks keep losing so they have been in the playoffs despite the garbage play they are putting out right now.... is this some secret that we aren't aware of that everyone is trying to get Hughes and preventing us from doing so?

2 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Oilers now in front of Ducks :(

Stupid ROW. The Ducks are now taking management ques from the Oilers and utilizing the good ol' loser point strategy perfected by the Kings. I hate this season.

Kinda nuts that four teams have 47 points which counts as the current #2 wild card spot.

5 hours ago, poum said:

Stupid ROW. The Ducks are now taking management ques from the Oilers and utilizing the good ol' loser point strategy perfected by the Kings. I hate this season.

Kinda nuts that four teams have 47 points which counts as the current #2 wild card spot.

I can't get used to being in the WC spot still. So many Division titles. Stupid expansionist Vegas team.

3 hours ago, Aksun said:

I can't get used to being in the WC spot still. So many Division titles. Stupid expansionist Vegas team.

And wait for the Seattle totems/emeralds/krakens/bitchpigeons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Johansen channeling his inner samurai vs Winnipeg

https://streamable.com/h7cd0

"Ducks are a dirty team" lol.

Every single link posted here about them just keeps getting worse. This is inexcusably bad, but in a way it's also kinda funny how Scheifele gets viciously chopped across the most vulnerable part of his body by the most hypocritical slash-happy crybaby in the league and yet he still goes down far less dramatically than the unholy trio of Floorsberg/Josi/Ellis would if a breeze tickled any of them behind the ear. Still waiting for this bogus ass participation ribbon franchise to get relocated to Pluto where they belong.

• Like 2