The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

5 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Every single link posted here about them just keeps getting worse. This is inexcusably bad, but in a way it's also kinda funny how Scheifele gets viciously chopped across the most vulnerable part of his body by the most hypocritical slash-happy crybaby in the league and yet he still goes down far less dramatically than the unholy trio of Floorsberg/Josi/Ellis would if a breeze tickled any of them behind the ear. Still waiting for this bogus ass participation ribbon franchise to get relocated to Pluto where they belong.

So I'm just spit balling here but you don't like Nashville, do you?  Ha Ha!  I'm right with you man.

39 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

So I'm just spit balling here but you don't like Nashville, do you?  Ha Ha!  I'm right with you man.

I'd honestly rather have a league with 5 separate versions of the mid-2000s Dallas Stars over a league with this single iteration of the Nashville Predators. I know I come off salty as hell but even without all the playoff losses against them, they simply embody everything I dislike about hockey and ramp it up to 100.

• Like 3

Has anyone watched how other teams play?  I watched Nashville vs Colorado and watching how they forecheck, defend, NOT turn pucks over and exit the zone - it's remarkable.  Ducks don't do any of that well if at all.  Also receiving passes - on the tape.  Ducks passes are off the mark, fumbled or in their skates.

The thing that stood out the most was exiting the zone.  It was quick and the forwards were skating in places to receive the pass.  And the defensemen spent no time waiting for the seas to part with the puck...

I hate Nashville and don't like Colorado very much but I see how much better they are than the ducks.

9 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Has anyone watched how other teams play?  I watched Nashville vs Colorado and watching how they forecheck, defend, NOT turn pucks over and exit the zone - it's remarkable.  Ducks don't do any of that well if at all.  Also receiving passes - on the tape.  Ducks passes are off the mark, fumbled or in their skates.

The thing that stood out the most was exiting the zone.  It was quick and the forwards were skating in places to receive the pass.  And the defensemen spent no time waiting for the seas to part with the puck...

I hate Nashville and don't like Colorado very much but I see how much better they are than the ducks.

Co-ching.

• Like 1

TRADE:

To Toronto Maple #Leafs:

D Jake Muzzin

To #LAKings:

F Carl Grundstrom

D Sean Durzi (rights)

2019 1st RD pick (TOR)

With only 68 days remaining in the regular season, Jake Muzzin's $4,000,000 AAV only cost the #Leafs 1,483,871 in cap space.

The #Leafs now find themselves with $4,048,925 in projected cap space moving forward.

capfriendly.com/teams/maplelea…

I really like this trade for Toronto. Losing out on a late 1st round pick in the upcoming draft and a prospect isn't going to hurt much given how young they already are. Bringing in a player like Muzzin (who I absolutely loathe by the way) addresses the most glaring hole on their roster. Worst thing you can say about the deal is that he's left handed. I still think they blew a great opportunity to bring in a top defender by giving Nylander that contract when their two best youngsters are due for enormous paydays. Either way, Muzzin is a very good top 4 guy who never got enough credit for LA's success over the years. They have him for another season too which gives them the stability to let Gardiner and Hainsey walk this summer. Locking up Matthews and Marner is still going to be complicated though. I imagine Zaitsev and his boat anchor of a contract will be dumped onto the Arizona Storage Lockers before the draft. 

• Like 1

yeah.  and LA now has 2 1st round picks for 2019.  sigh.

Toronto will ship Nylander in the off season.  they'll take a bit of a bath if he's still not churning, but they're going all in on this cup push.  even after they push nylander, they'll still have a solid team.  more than solid if they grab another good D in the trade.

i would not be surprised if the ducks trade a D for nylander and some salary back.  everyone will complain that we didn't get as good a deal as the Kings.  probably be the death knell for BM.

Death knell?  For this team?  No way.  He'll be here until he doesn't want to be.

Nothing seems to matter like it should.  Makes things so weird and seem like we are in an alternate reality.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I really like this trade for Toronto. Losing out on a late 1st round pick in the upcoming draft and a prospect isn't going to hurt much given how young they already are. Bringing in a player like Muzzin (who I absolutely loathe by the way) addresses the most glaring hole on their roster. Worst thing you can say about the deal is that he's left handed. I still think they blew a great opportunity to bring in a top defender by giving Nylander that contract when their two best youngsters are due for enormous paydays. Either way, Muzzin is a very good top 4 guy who never got enough credit for LA's success over the years. They have him for another season too which gives them the stability to let Gardiner and Hainsey walk this summer. Locking up Matthews and Marner is still going to be complicated though. I imagine Zaitsev and his boat anchor of a contract will be dumped onto the Arizona Storage Lockers before the draft. 

My interview with Darryl Sutter on Jake Muzzin in tomorrow's @TheTorontoSun “He’s never played the right side. Anybody who says he’s played the right side isn’t watching the games. He’s played zero times on the right side in LA."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

My interview with Darryl Sutter on Jake Muzzin in tomorrow's @TheTorontoSun “He’s never played the right side. Anybody who says he’s played the right side isn’t watching the games. He’s played zero times on the right side in LA."

I have to laugh at all of the comments online from Leafs fans. 'OH yah, he's gonna have no trouble filling in on the right side, he's done it plenty' and 'we're only giving up a pick in the 20-31 range in a weak draft, no loss'. Leafs fans may be the most delusional in all of sports.

This obviously makes them better on the back end but I think they are still too soft defensively. They won't get past Boston or Tampa unless Andersen stands on his head.

Oh, this is beautiful. Flames get dumb, they get served. Backstrom with a solid shoulder check to Gaudreau's chest, Orpik throwing hands at Tka-schmuck, Holts giving Giordano a little bit of a hassle, and then Backy gets Johnny Pucky in a headlock. And no Cassie Campbell, it wasn't a cheap shot by Backstrom. Gaudreau on Orpik, yeah that was cheap. He earned a barracking for that. Wish our boys would handle the flaming idiots like this. Still owed to Giordano for Fowler's knee.

RMNB with the GIFs.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/02/01/brooks-orpik-fights-matthew-tkachuk-braden-holtby-gets-involved-in-postgame-brawl-with-flames/

Edited by Drake12

30 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

Oh, this is beautiful. Flames get dumb, they get served. Backstrom with a solid shoulder check to Gaudreau's chest, Orpik throwing hands at Tka-schmuck, Holts giving Giordano a little bit of a hassle, and then Backy gets Johnny Pucky in a headlock. And no Cassie Campbell, it wasn't a cheap shot by Backstrom. Gaudreau on Orpik, yeah that was cheap. He earned a barracking for that. Wish our boys would handle the flaming idiots like this. Still owed to Giordano for Fowler's knee.

RMNB with the GIFs.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/02/01/brooks-orpik-fights-matthew-tkachuk-braden-holtby-gets-involved-in-postgame-brawl-with-flames/

Gaudreau brought it on himself with that crosscheck he delivered on Orpik. Ref wasn't going to call a penalty so Backstrom took care of business and let "Johnny Hockey" know he is not immune to retribution. Someone needs to do the same to McJesus. He's been roughing it up knowing full well the league will protect him.

• Like 1

The Flames are bums, Gaudreau is a brat, and Kneeordano is a disgrace. No arguments here. Still, when I watch that scrum all I see is Tom Wilson slewfooting a guy with one career fight down to the ice and throwing a couple of cheap ground-n-pound punches like he's some MMA reject while Andersson's hands are tied up and his head could be against the ice. Put both these teams on a rocket and let them play a rematch on Mars where they belong. 

• Like 3

That's all I saw, Wilson doing Wilson related things.

The code in hockey that says "the player stops after falling to the ice" is one of the best things in sports.  Anger, bitterness and resentments, all worked out in a couple of punches then all is right in the world and they are drinking buddies again...

Wilson? not so much...  He doesn't get it.  He for sure, needs a one way ticket to Mars or better yet, Ultima Thule...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

The code in hockey that says "the player stops after falling to the ice" is one of the best things in sports.  Anger, bitterness and resentments, all worked out in a couple of punches then all is right in the world and they are drinking buddies again...

Wilson? not so much...  He doesn't get it.  He for sure, needs a one way ticket to Mars or better yet, Ultima Thule...

Ultima Thule? Look at money bags over here. I know a guy who owns a couple rockets and cars. Next time Elon launches a car into space let's have Wilson riding shotgun.

Damn that new Matthews contract isn't pretty. 5 years at 11,65 mil. If the leafs don't win The Cup in the next 5  years it's gonna be mayhem.

6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Damn that new Matthews contract isn't pretty. 5 years at 11,65 mil. If the leafs don't win The Cup in the next 5  years it's gonna be mayhem.

I'm impressed at how much front loading in signing bonuses is built in. Toronto will have to paaaayyyyyy to keep him as a UFA when that's up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fisix said:

I was pleasantly surprised it was so short.  i think smarter than Edmonton's debacle.

You think? McDavid makes 1 mil more on a much longer deal and has the trophies to back it up. 

Matthews is great but he didn't exactly take the the hometown discount. That's 30 mil for Matthews, Tavares and Nylander. I don't see Marner taking 6-7 mil with the season he's having.

They better win The Cup this year because next year one of the big four is gone. I hope for leafs fans it's Nylander.

Ottawa ahead 2-1.  Putting up WAY more fight than the ducks did.  It's crazy!!!!  No way do the ducks win tomorrow.  Just saying

I feel better knowing that the referees don't call the players from the center of the hockey universe for penalties against teams other than the ducks either.  Toronto clearly tripped an Ottawa player but no penalty.  How do teams get that special treatment?  What must that be like???

That Nylander contract was a mistake. His cap hit falls considerably next season but considering all the offensive weapons they already have, it's real hard justifying that kind of money for a heavily sheltered middle six winger (on their team anyway) after the Leafs already showed they could be successful without him. They blew that one big time. I said it in the GDT a few days ago but that bottom pairing of Zaitsev and Gardiner is garbage and I can already picture the entire city of Toronto turning on them 3 games into the first round.

Speaking of garbage and mistakes, that's three seasons in a row where Trashville makes a point to remind the world Cody McClown is somehow still in the NHL. 

• Like 2