The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

1 hour ago, nieder said:

The whole thing was a big load of nothing that really shouldn't have been reported on until the investigation was completed. 

The most disappointing thing are all the comments from people saying things like 'who cares if he said it, harden up snowflakes'. It's kinda sad that society has yet to move past childish insults and derogatory comments aimed at specific groups.

There isn't a lot that annoys me more in current discourse than to label anyone who cares about what someone said as a "snowflake."  If we want to have a meaningful discussion about whether certain language is harmful and why it's harmful, we can do that, but by going immediately to "snowflake," all discussion is shut off.  

• Like 6

16 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

There isn't a lot that annoys me more in current discourse than to label anyone who cares about what someone said as a "snowflake."  If we want to have a meaningful discussion about whether certain language is harmful and why it's harmful, we can do that, but by going immediately to "snowflake," all discussion is shut off.  

I usually assume that anybody who uses that term is of low intellect and has nothing to add to the conversation tbh. It's like something people would yell at each other through coms when playing Call of Duty.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, PetrSykora said:

Tampa is in a class of their own. It's basically like watching what the 2013 Blackhawks did during the regular season except over a full 82 games this time. I at least thought Toronto would put up a fight tonight. At this point it would be a disappointment if Tampa doesn't win the Cup in under 20 games. Of course this is hockey so watch one of the most dominant teams we've seen in years flame out in the second round.

I'm kinda hoping something silly like TOR vs. NYI for the ECF. With the Islanders winning of course. I'd get a bottle of Scotch and a comfortable a chair to watch HFBoards, Twitter, etc implode.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, PetrSykora said:

Tampa is in a class of their own. It's basically like watching what the 2013 Blackhawks did during the regular season except over a full 82 games this time. I at least thought Toronto would put up a fight tonight. At this point it would be a disappointment if Tampa doesn't win the Cup in under 20 games. Of course this is hockey so watch one of the most dominant teams we've seen in years flame out in the second round.

Columbus sweeps Tampa Bay in the first round...you heard it here first! :P 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

it will be such BS if Detroit gets the #1 overall.

Outside of the Ducks, I kind of feel that way about every team near the bottom of the standings. The only lottery team I would be ok with winning is Minnesota, who is going to end up outside the playoffs only because they lost their captain (Koivu) and highest scoring defender (Dumba) to season ending injuries. The Wild also haven't had a top-3 pick since their inaugural season (2000) when they chose Gaborik at #3. I hope they slot in at #2 in this draft right behind us. :D

• Like 2

Halfway through March and Tampa has already officially clinched the Presidents' Trophy. Let's see if they put up an Eastern Conference Regular Season Champions banner up with it. 

• Like 2

I'm just gonna assume this website and all the other NHL.com forums voluntarily shut themselves down for a couple of days to recover from the nasuea caused by the 2020 Winter Classic announcement. That makes a whole lot more sense than playing a WINTER CLASSIC in frigging Texas between two trashy teams with no history between them and absolutely nothing Winter or Classic about them. If the NHL didn't already take everything special about the outdoor game and run it straight into the ground, they've certainly done it now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Let's Go Avalanche! (They're playing dirtbag Giordano afterall)

Best-case scenario for everyone is Giordano gets violently knee'd in Game 1, Flames flop 0-4 and Colorado goes on to surprise many as a 1-line team but ultimately falls to a deeper opponent in the WCF.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Aksun said:

Best-case scenario for everyone is Giordano gets violently knee'd in Game 1, Flames flop 0-4 and Colorado goes on to surprise many as a 1-line team but ultimately falls to a deeper opponent in the WCF.

I can totally see this happening if giordano doesn't take out, one of, or the entire top line. Sure the flames are way deeper but I'm not too sure about their goalie situation. If that Colorado top line gets going and smith/rittich are having a bad night...

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:38 AM, Jasoaks said:

Columbus sweeps Tampa Bay in the first round...you heard it here first! :P 

called it! March 15th! :D

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 6

Let me suggest this... I prefer the Ducks' 2018-2019 season to Tampa's.  I can't believe last season wasn't enough fuel to inspire them. Toronto has an open path to the Cup finals now, if they'll take it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thom-74 said:

Let me suggest this... I prefer the Ducks' 2018-2019 season to Tampa's.  I can't believe last season wasn't enough fuel to inspire them. Toronto has an open path to the Cup finals now, if they'll take it.

Toronto.. I don't hope that... hope they lose against Boston...

I wanted Tampa because of this fantastic regular season... but...

now I'm for NSH, because they deserved it.

I'm in on the CBJ bandwagon......They dissected Tampa Bay.....Now rooting for Calgary, Winnepeg, CBJ, and anyone who plays Nashville.  I would like to see Washington and NYI face off, with Trotz getting the last laugh.

I could never root for Calgary 

Vegas looks pretty tough. They bring relentless pressure make the other team cough up the puck.

Oh and they score

3 hours ago, Fowl said:

I'm in on the CBJ bandwagon......They dissected Tampa Bay.....Now rooting for Calgary, Winnepeg, CBJ, and anyone who plays Nashville.  I would like to see Washington and NYI face off, with Trotz getting the last laugh.

Speaking of CBJ. I don't watch a lot of hockey outside our Ducks. Did they outplay the bolts or did Vasilevskiy have a rough series? Would you call them Cup favorites after this series?

The Isles beating the caps and then the leafs would be pure awesomeness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

remember, if VGK or CBJ goes to the CF, we lost the STL-pick....

I don't understand...people keep saying that...but also I thought someone said the opposite, too...that if SJ or St. L move on past the 2nd round we lose it...

4 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Speaking of CBJ. I don't watch a lot of hockey outside our Ducks. Did they outplay the bolts or did Vasilevskiy have a rough series? Would you call them Cup favorites after this series?

The Isles beating the caps and then the leafs would be pure awesomeness.

I didn't watch the whole series, but from everything I've seen and read, they outplayed them.  Not by a lot, but they were the better team.  After the first period of game 1, Bobrovsky was really good, but he didn't steal them every game. 

11 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Toronto.. I don't hope that... hope they lose against Boston...

I wanted Tampa because of this fantastic regular season... but...

now I'm for NSH, because they deserved it.

Eww I can think of 31 teams that deserve a title more than those fools and yes, the 31st team is the one in Seattle that doesn't even exist yet. I'd rather see the Cup get thrown into a black hole before any of those mustard clowns get to touch it.

Edited by PetrSykora
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I didn't watch the whole series, but from everything I've seen and read, they outplayed them.  Not by a lot, but they were the better team.  After the first period of game 1, Bobrovsky was really good, but he didn't steal them every game. 

Thanks. They have a lot of talent on their roster. If bob can stay hot the jackets can make life hard on a lot of teams.

6 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I don't understand...people keep saying that...but also I thought someone said the opposite, too...that if SJ or St. L move on past the 2nd round we lose it...

"lost" might be too harsh a word.

https://www.capfriendly.com/draft/2019&pick=20

i think, based on the teams that made the playoffs, and the top 10 pick order that's already been established, that we're guaranteed a second first round pick, either from the Blues (looks like as high as 20th) or the Sharks (looks like as high as 26th).

According to wikipedia, "Anaheim will receive San Jose's first-round pick in 2019 if the Blues' first-round pick in 2019 is between picks 11–19. If the Blues' first-round pick is between picks 20–31 then Anaheim will have the option to take either St. Louis or San Jose's first-round pick in 2019."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NHL_Entry_Draft#Unresolved_conditional_draft_picks

There's a bunch of funky rules about the draft order for the playoff teams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Entry_Draft#Selection_order_and_draft_lottery.

• Thanks 1

For example, apparently, the Lightning are picking 27th because they won their division and have the best regular season point total.. and they got swept last night.  

My take? 
San Jose's pick might be pretty high since their regular season point total was pretty high - so maybe picks 20-23 if the sharks lose (we want them to lose).  They're projected for 26.
Blues are playing pretty well (we want the Blues to win), I think the Jets were pretty lucky last night (though it's weird that neither team can win at home), and the Blues' regular season point total was below middle of the pack.  If the Blue lose, then I guess somewhere in picks 18-20.  If they win, then higher up.  They're projected for 20.

I'm guessing that the prognosticators that have projected their relative pick positions are using the teams' regular season point totals, so my guess is that we'll get the Blues' pick at 20.  If the Blues lose and pick lower than that, we'll get the Sharks' pick, likely at 26.

34 minutes ago, Fisix said:

For example, apparently, the Lightning are picking 27th because they won their division and have the best regular season point total.. and they got swept last night.  

My take? 
San Jose's pick might be pretty high since their regular season point total was pretty high - so maybe picks 20-23 if the sharks lose (we want them to lose).  They're projected for 26.
Blues are playing pretty well (we want the Blues to win), I think the Jets were pretty lucky last night (though it's weird that neither team can win at home), and the Blues' regular season point total was below middle of the pack.  If the Blue lose, then I guess somewhere in picks 18-20.  If they win, then higher up.  They're projected for 20.

I'm guessing that the prognosticators that have projected their relative pick positions are using the teams' regular season point totals, so my guess is that we'll get the Blues' pick at 20.  If the Blues lose and pick lower than that, we'll get the Sharks' pick, likely at 26.

55 minutes ago, Fisix said:

"lost" might be too harsh a word.

https://www.capfriendly.com/draft/2019&pick=20

i think, based on the teams that made the playoffs, and the top 10 pick order that's already been established, that we're guaranteed a second first round pick, either from the Blues (looks like as high as 20th) or the Sharks (looks like as high as 26th).

According to wikipedia, "Anaheim will receive San Jose's first-round pick in 2019 if the Blues' first-round pick in 2019 is between picks 11–19. If the Blues' first-round pick is between picks 20–31 then Anaheim will have the option to take either St. Louis or San Jose's first-round pick in 2019."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NHL_Entry_Draft#Unresolved_conditional_draft_picks

There's a bunch of funky rules about the draft order for the playoff teams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Entry_Draft#Selection_order_and_draft_lottery.

Soooo when all is said and done...we want San Jose to lose....and St. Louis to win...that way the Blues pick is NOT in 11-19....but closer to 20-23 or whatever.

But if the Blues lose, thus getting a 11-19 pick, then we get whatever San Jose's pick...and if the Sharks lose, we'll get a higher pick than if they win.

Also, if the Blues do win, thus getting a pick 20-31...we basically get to choose whether we want Blues or Sharks pick...so if the Sharks lose, that will just be a higher pick in general.

Is that right?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

I said the same thing! 😁

• Like 1

Why you want StL to win??

if they lose and no team behind them goes to CF, we have their pick at 20th... so CBJ, Dal, Col, VGK must all lose