The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

On 8/5/2019 at 8:26 AM, gorbachav5 said:

Hey, it's better than the Bobrovsky deal.

Whoa! I don't know if I actually looked at that contract before. That is a true nightmare. The last two years of the contract when it hits NTC status, salary base is still roughly $6M at the age of 36.

On the other hand, at least cap circumventing isn't a thing. That's nice to see.

2 hours ago, poum said:

Anyone else getting more and more worried as every calendar day passes without Phaneuf signing elsewhere. The Ducks only have 6 defensemen (per the Ducks official site) and no 7th.

Certainly a kid could swoop in during Camp. Larsson may have a case for a full time spot while Guhl/Holzer slides to 7th.

It's GMformelyHCBM that we're talking about. One half of the defense could well be Holzer, MDZ, and Phanuef.

For some reason our new Finnish player (Jakanpaa?) isn't listed. And I hope Mahura can be a regular in the line-up.
If Phaneuf is one year/1 mil deal I wouldn't mind it too much. He brings toughness. Something we lack. Unfortunately that's all he brings.

I don't think it'll happen.

8 hours ago, poum said:

Anyone else getting more and more worried as every calendar day passes without Phaneuf signing elsewhere. The Ducks only have 6 defensemen (per the Ducks official site) and no 7th.

Certainly a kid could swoop in during Camp. Larsson may have a case for a full time spot while Guhl/Holzer slides to 7th.

It's GMformelyHCBM that we're talking about. One half of the defense could well be Holzer, MDZ, and Phanuef.

Don't do that to me.  If we sign Phaneuf, I might not watch a game all season.

13 hours ago, poum said:

Are you suggesting our Ducks take a chance in Signing our Captain's longtime Rival and enemy?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

10 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Are you suggesting our Ducks take a chance in Signing our Captain's longtime Rival and enemy?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

No. Nooooo... The word horrified comes to mind but doesn't accurately reflect the true extent of the horror.

11 hours ago, poum said:

No. Nooooo... The word horrified comes to mind but doesn't accurately reflect the true extent of the horror.

Ducks should sign maybe look at trading some players nothing wrong in helping young Ducks groom and ready for their role. Also I am eager to see How Zucker does for this upcoming season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Not gonna lie...LOVING that Sabres 50th anniversary logo

It's great but I just wish they'd go back to wearing that bright royal blue from the 70s instead of the drab navy blue almost half the league already wears today. Still, it could be a lot worse. Case in point:

EByb_jeXUAASgFC?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:52 PM, Jasoaks said:

Not gonna lie...LOVING that Sabres 50th anniversary logo

It's pretty Cool...makes you wonder what Ducks 50th Logo will be like in Gold.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

It's pretty Cool...makes you wonder what Ducks 50th Logo will be like in Gold.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

it could look awesome!! only another 24 years to go!

9 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

it could look awesome!! only another 24 years to go!

Imagine the Ducks using Original Logo in Gold that would be AWESOME.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Didn't want to start a new thread for this random third hand story, so I'm leaving it here.

A friend of mine works as a sound engineer, anything from from world tours with notable names to local punk rock bands. The local punk rock band is why I'm posting. A bass player (Ducks fan) from a local So Cal band was a driver for clients. One night he ended up having a few drinks with the Dallas Stars after taking them to their hotel and called out Steve Ott for a fight with the Ducks, what I'm assuming was the Ott-Moen debacle.

Long story short, the Stars players didn't defend Ott and tipped their driver in excess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:40 AM, poum said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this random third hand story, so I'm leaving it here.

A friend of mine works as a sound engineer, anything from from world tours with notable names to local punk rock bands. The local punk rock band is why I'm posting. A bass player (Ducks fan) from a local So Cal band was a driver for clients. One night he ended up having a few drinks with the Dallas Stars after taking them to their hotel and called out Steve Ott for a fight with the Ducks, what I'm assuming was the Ott-Moen debacle.

Long story short, the Stars players didn't defend Ott and tipped their driver in excess.

Sounds to me Ott was not well liked by his teammates back then.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck