The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

18 hours ago, ZTHER said:

LOL KINGS. No Freddie, no problem. 4-1 TML

Toronto looks damn good. I know it's way early in the season but I think the Cup is staying in the Eastern Conference.

13 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Toronto looks damn good. I know it's way early in the season but I think the Cup is staying in the Eastern Conference.

We have a Gibson :ph34r:

That new record McDavid set for having a point on every single goal his team has scored this far into the season might just be the saddest obscure record in hockey. I want to feel sorry for him being stuck on such a trash heap but then I remember how obnoxious the media and fans get about him and how he was an absolute pain in the Garbutt two seasons ago. 

6 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

We have a Gibson that's clearing his own crease.

With the kind of hair and mojo Gibby has, he can clear the opposing crease.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:53 AM, PetrSykora said:

That new record McDavid set for having a point on every single goal his team has scored this far into the season might just be the saddest obscure record in hockey. I want to feel sorry for him being stuck on such a trash heap but then I remember how obnoxious the media and fans get about him and how he was an absolute pain in the Garbutt two seasons ago. 

I liked when he signed his extension for $12 mill a year the media was saying it was a great deal, and it wasn’t anchor contract and the team could sign other players. Fast forward: uh oh... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jiggy2win said:

I liked when he signed his extension for $12 mill a year the media was saying it was a great deal, and it wasn’t anchor contract and the team could sign other players. Fast forward: uh oh... 

Yeah like Draisitle's extension and still have room for Lucic's contract... :P (I know Lucic was before McDavid's contract...but still...I'm SURE they were thinking about McDavid's contract when they signed Lucic :P )

2 hours ago, Jiggy2win said:

McDavid should have gotten at least 15 mil with the way that the Oil depend on his game alone. Draisaitl is the real kick in the a$$ when you look at that contract. 

I can honestly say I feel bad for McDavid guys. The kid is going to carry an absolute garbage team for 9+ more years. RIP

3 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

McDavid should have gotten at least 15 mil with the way that the Oil depend on his game alone. Draisaitl is the real kick in the a$$ when you look at that contract. 

I can honestly say I feel bad for McDavid guys. The kid is going to carry an absolute garbage team for 9+ more years. RIP

Edit: I didn't realise Draisaitl has actually put up 75 points in 82 games since signing that contract. He's almost a point per game player but you hardly hear anything about him because McDavid takes all of the spotlight.

Edited by nieder

I don't know about you guys but I'm certainly rooting for the Caps tonight! If they beat the Panthers that means tomorrow the 2 teams that have yet to win a game will play each other (det/fla)! How exciting that would be!!

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm certainly rooting for the Caps tonight! If they beat the Panthers that means tomorrow the 2 teams that have yet to win a game will play each other (det/fla)! How exciting that would be!!

...ya know...if i just didn't say anything...

On 10/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, PetrSykora said:

Even though it wasn't a championship, putting paid to the Oilers bill that season was so viscerally satisfying. They earned an enmity that I had long reserved for the Kings and few others. The confluence of the Oilers behavior, the organization's behavior since Lowe was running the show, and the league's attempts to resurrect them from irrelevance have done much to anger the hockey deities.

I would much rather see Matthews and Eichel win it all at this point. And a gold medal.

The other night against Vancouver, Winnipeg fans were chanting "Too much Fortnite!" Sometimes I really dislike that fan base but I'll give them credit for always coming out with a creative new chant.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, poum said:

The other night against Vancouver, Winnipeg fans were chanting "Too much Fortnite!" Sometimes I really dislike that fan base but I'll give them credit for always coming out with a creative new chant.

They are my favorite fan base...2nd only to us of course :P

But I don't get that reference...I know what Fortnite is...but was a player on their team connected to it in some way?

And also, aren't they the same fan base that shouted "she said no!" or had a sign like that or something when playing the Blackhawks?

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

They are my favorite fan base...2nd only to us of course :P

But I don't get that reference...I know what Fortnite is...but was a player on their team connected to it in some way?

And also, aren't they the same fan base that shouted "she said no!" or had a sign like that or something when playing the Blackhawks?

At one point the Captain of Vancouver said no "Fortnight" (video games) for his teammates.

Edited by poum
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, poum said:

At one point the Captain of Vancouver said no "Fortnight" (video games) for his teammates.

ahhhhh hahaha yeah...that's pretty great.

Trashville honouring Tootoo would be a nice gesture.. you know, if they didn't make a point to draw parallels between his struggles with addiction and the situation they found themselves in after they gave that noted bag of **** Mike Ribeiro another contract. Such a rotten and two-faced organization from the top down ?

7 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Trashville honouring Tootoo would be a nice gesture.. you know, if they didn't make a point to draw parallels between his struggles with addiction and the situation they found themselves in after they gave that noted bag of **** Mike Ribeiro another contract. Such a rotten and two-faced organization from the top down ?

What the hell? Rootoo has been playing!? For who? For what?

18 hours ago, poum said:

Forgot to make an ademendment to this ^. Apparently, the rumor circulating at the draft, a prospect was (2018 draft) addicted to the vidya games, was a Ducks prospect. I forget who. I saw an embedded tweet by the guy in question being sarcastic about it. He really didn't make the best case for himself.

Edited by poum

9 hours ago, poum said:

What the hell? Rootoo has been playing!? For who? For what?

He officially retired a couple of days ago. I could've sworn he retired at least 5 years ago but I guess that shows what I know. He was given an ovation at the Oilturds-Predaturds game last night and now mustard town is planning a full night for him. As much as I despised him as a player (and holy crap, he was the original Floorsberg except great at punching faces instead of scoring goals) he's a good person with an incredible story. It makes what Poile had to say about him in the media firestorm after they signed Ribeiro pretty gross. There's a huge difference between one player taking time off to get help with an alcohol problem and another player getting cut from a team for assaulting a babysitter. Using the former to downplay the latter while self-righteously framing your hockey team as a place that fixes behavioural problems instead of one that just needed a centre is some bs. 

• Like 3

On 10/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, poum said:

Had something to do with the younger players isolating themselves in their hotel rooms and playing Fortnite on the road.
Veteran players, like Michael Del Zotto and Bo Horvat stepped up and put an end to it, citing a lack of team bonding as the primary reason.
The last I heard, Fortnite was banned on road trips.

Stay tuned.

3-1 Habs off a very pretty Drouin goal late in the 2nd and the crowd is getting rowdy. Atmosphere here is awesome. B) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, norge25 said:

3-1 Habs off a very pretty Drouin goal late in the 2nd and the crowd is getting rowdy. Atmosphere here is awesome. B) 

Taking in a game in Montreal +1

Ducks game happening at the same time -2. 

The scheduling gods hate you.

Edited by Spencer_12