The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

1 hour ago, Spencer_12 said:

Taking in a game in Montreal +1

Ducks game happening at the same time -2. 

The scheduling gods hate you.

She didn’t miss much to be honest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Taking in a game in Montreal +1

Ducks game happening at the same time -2. 

The scheduling gods hate you.

Nah, rare opportunity to watch a game at one of the most prestigious home arenas in the NHL >> watching our Ducks get shelled by the Blackhawks because Randy can‘t coach speed. 

Regular season western conference 17/18 champions Nashville Predators on the verge of getting McDavid'd.

• Like 3

Watching this Chicago v Blues game.
Great pace and skill on the ice.
I knew this was what hockey was supposed to look like.

This is probably hyperbole, but I swear Auston Matthews gets injured on every 3rd check he receives.

Trouba broke him with a clean shoulder check.

Watching the Trashville/Vegas game. Malcom Subban in goal for Vegas and P.K. playing for Trashiville. The Preds score and of course their backwoods redneck fans start saying Subban you suck. Didn't know they didn't like P.K. that much. Dumbest fan base in sports.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:09 PM, nieder said:

Why did none of the players in the leadership group on that team say anything about this...surely they must be embarrassed? Though they aren't embarrassed by their team mates flopping all over the ice so I guess not.

43688311_2060811853982338_43442489490501

Las Vegas won the Western Conference.  You don't put up a trophy banner for that.  What dunces.

I hope if Zach Kassian gets waived by the OILERS, Anaheim claims him.  There is zero beef on this team, other than Manson who seems no longer willing to engage.

26 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I hope if Zach Kassian gets waived by the OILERS, Anaheim claims him.  There is zero beef on this team, other than Manson who seems no longer willing to engage.

Even if that did happen, he would probably end on IR after his first game.

7 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Even if that did happen, he would probably end on IR after his first game.

He’d have lots of company.  You gotta wonder if the strength and conditioning coach is missing something.

Edited by Fowl

8 hours ago, Fowl said:

He’d have lots of company.  You gotta wonder if the strength and conditioning coach is missing something.

There was a long piece about the Ducks' S&C coach in The Athletic (subscription, unfortunately, but it's cheap and worth it).  He seemed to know his stuff and be working really hard to get guys going, although I'm not the best judge of that.  Mostly I think the problems are age/frailty (Kesler, Perry, Getzlaf, Eaves), or things that can't be avoided, like concussions (Kase).  The other stuff is stuff every hockey team goes through.

• Like 2

Have you guys seen this yet??? oh my god...I mean I know we all come them the Predivers...but...this is just ridiculous...Sissons should get the maximum embellishment fine there is for this...wow

• Like 3

Man.  I don't like to overuse hyperbole, but Colton Sissons might be the worst human being in history.  Not only a diver, but he caused me to have sympathy for and agree with BRAD MARCHAND.  I didn't think that was possible.  He really does need to be fined at least, if not suspended.

• Like 3

That should be a suspension. I really hope somebody slaps him silly next game. If he's gonna go down and cry anyway might as well give him a reason to.
What a disgusting team.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Joel Quenville just got fired per TSN

I would take him in a SECOND...I'm worried the Kings will get to him first...

12 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I would take him in a SECOND...I'm worried the Kings will get to him first...

Hard pass from me.   I view him as an average coach who stumbled into a situation where he had Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, etc.   I don’t see him as someone to develop this current Ducks team. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

Hard pass from me.   I view him as an average coach who stumbled into a situation where he had Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, etc.   I don’t see him as someone to develop this current Ducks team. 

Hard pass is a little strong, no?  Especially considering who we have behind the bench.  Quenneville is the best candidate Murray would be willing to hire midseason.  If we care about this season, fire Carlyle now and hire Q.  

1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

He has the second most wins of all time. I don't think an average coach gets to that level tbh.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nieder said:

He has the second most wins of all time. I don't think an average coach gets to that level tbh.

Exactly. This alone brings a level of calm and leadership behind the bench. The experience factor is a serious consideration; it in of itself oozes out to the team. 

1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

Pales in comparison to the talent RC had with the 07’ team.

Joel Q is >>>> RC 

RC is not even going to be here next season. This opportunity will not be here then either. This move is a no brainer if Bob actually wants this team to go to the POs this year. 

6 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Pales in comparison to the talent RC had with the 07’ team.

Joel Q is >>>> RC 

RC is not even going to be here next season. This opportunity will not be here then either. This move is a no brainer if Bob actually wants this team to go to the POs this year. 

...or next year...or the year after that...year after that...

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Joel Quenville just got fired per TSN

Another dumb move.  Bowman should have been the one to get canned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DT2008 said:

Disagree 100 percent.   That”s a better description of Babcock fortune.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Disagree 100 percent.   That”s a better description of Babcock fortune.

You remember the 2002 - 2003 Mighty Ducks?  Paul Kariya and JS Giguere and...????  Their best defenseman was Keith Carney.  And that team took New Jersey to game 7.  Yes, Giguere was brilliant, but Babcock gets a lot of credit.  And even in the latter days in Detroit when they were an aging roster, he would often outcoach the opposition in the playoffs.  Babcock may have lost a step, but I'd still take him over 90% of coaches in the NHL.

• Like 2