The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

Kings lost, Sharks lost, Oilers lost, good day. Canucks are impressive. I never thought I'd write that again.

13 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Kings lost, Sharks lost, Oilers lost, good day. Canucks are impressive. I never thought I'd write that again.

I dislike watching that standings so early in the season but a certain team is playing dumb and I'm going to be equally as dumb and look at the standings.

How the **** is Vancouver first in the Pacific? I knew the division was bad. But Vancouver in first bad? Their shiny new Swede is a trip though. That Pettersson kid is doing things.

Edited by poum
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, poum said:

I dislike watching that standings so early in the season but a certain team is playing dumb and I'm going to be equally as dumb and look at the standings.

How the **** is Vancouver first in the Pacific? I knew the division was bad. But Vancouver in first bad? Their shiny new Swede is a trip though. That Pettersson kid is doing things.

I don't watch other teams and it's still early but I didn't expect the canucks to be in this position. Same for montreal and the islanders btw. Again still early but I'm kinda surprised.

21 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Queens shutout by Flames, Yotes destroyed by Pens, Nucks again got a point.

Didn't realize the Kings have the worst record in the game.

12 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Didn't realize the Kings have the worst record in the game.

Didnt realize you were still alive :D

• Like 5

I wouldn't say that too much.  The ducks record is approaching laughing stock status.  It won't be long.  Sad fact but I think well within the realm of probability.

Flopsberg with a wonderful assist for the Sharks 3rd goal... in pure 17/18 Regular season Western Conference champion fashion. 

17 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

The Sharts have blown a 3-0, down 4-3

I haven't been watching the game...just getting updates...but from all that I've seen these past few seasons...I've really never been that impressed by Jones...

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

I guess it was only a matter of time after the bonino trade.

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

Although I never expected them to be last in the league, I never understood the high expectations which were being placed on the Kings this season. Kopitar and Brown had amazing seasons last year and the chance of both of them repeating those performance were slim and none. J Quick showing signs of wear was definitely an issue as well.

As I has said in another post.....when a team is under-performing the logical thing to do is

1) trade a well liked player to get the team's attention

2) change coaches.

The Kings have now done both. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Thoughts on the Josh Morrissey WWE move on TJ Oshie?
DOPS just handed down a fine and no suspension on Josh. SMH
Cogs would have got 20 games minimum for that non-hockey style play.

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jasoaks said:

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

No sympathy here either. However, I'd prefer they just call these as 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. It's not really a slash and to call it one creates more of that "what is or is not a penalty?" confusion that plagues the game. But it was still Marchand trying to poke the goalie in the back of the leg with the blade of his stick for no reason other than to just be a rat. If the league wants to get rat-like behavior out of the game, they need to punish it on the ice, not with a dumb fine a day later.

• Like 3

The Toronto/Columbus game is currently being played in the 3rd period.

Neither team has been called for a penalty.  The referees are letting everything go.  I can't imagine that happening with the ducks.

The go ahead goal by Toronto was : "Hymen won the face-off and "went to the net" (ducks don't do that much) - Reilly (he who scored in overtime against the ducks) shot from the point and it went in off Hymen.  Why?  He went to the net.  What a concept.  

Blues have gone 7 periods without scoring a goal...

Yeo's firing can't be far off. And possibly Joel Q's hiring...

Edited by Jasoaks

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting.