The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

Flopsberg with a wonderful assist for the Sharks 3rd goal... in pure 17/18 Regular season Western Conference champion fashion. 

17 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

The Sharts have blown a 3-0, down 4-3

I haven't been watching the game...just getting updates...but from all that I've seen these past few seasons...I've really never been that impressed by Jones...

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

I guess it was only a matter of time after the bonino trade.

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

Although I never expected them to be last in the league, I never understood the high expectations which were being placed on the Kings this season. Kopitar and Brown had amazing seasons last year and the chance of both of them repeating those performance were slim and none. J Quick showing signs of wear was definitely an issue as well.

As I has said in another post.....when a team is under-performing the logical thing to do is

1) trade a well liked player to get the team's attention

2) change coaches.

The Kings have now done both. Stay tuned.

Thoughts on the Josh Morrissey WWE move on TJ Oshie?
DOPS just handed down a fine and no suspension on Josh. SMH
Cogs would have got 20 games minimum for that non-hockey style play.

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jasoaks said:

Man, I think there may have been a private memo that went out the league minus Marchand saying dive when he's around you...I mean, the commentator is probably right...they are being very hard on Marchand now 'cause of his past issues...but man...this is ridiculous.

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

19 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Given the rep calls the Ducks have gotten the past decade-plus, I have little sympathy for Marchand. This was a weak call, sold big time, but he's one of those guys who starts Dehydrated Donkey Dung and never steps up. 

I'd love to see rep calls on the entire Calgary team now that Neal's there. So much rat Dehydrated Donkey Dung. 

No sympathy here either. However, I'd prefer they just call these as 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. It's not really a slash and to call it one creates more of that "what is or is not a penalty?" confusion that plagues the game. But it was still Marchand trying to poke the goalie in the back of the leg with the blade of his stick for no reason other than to just be a rat. If the league wants to get rat-like behavior out of the game, they need to punish it on the ice, not with a dumb fine a day later.

The Toronto/Columbus game is currently being played in the 3rd period.

Neither team has been called for a penalty.  The referees are letting everything go.  I can't imagine that happening with the ducks.

The go ahead goal by Toronto was : "Hymen won the face-off and "went to the net" (ducks don't do that much) - Reilly (he who scored in overtime against the ducks) shot from the point and it went in off Hymen.  Why?  He went to the net.  What a concept.  

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting. 

20 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Edmonton just fired Todd McLellan (hired Hitchcock). 

Your move Bob.

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

15 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Really? Hitchcock? Didn't he retire? lol but also, I wonder why so quick to him when Joel Q was available

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

22 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Be careful BM might hire Todd MacLellan...

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

43 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

RC > MacLellan?? I mean...I would think so...but...with how things have been going I'm just shocked to hear we like RC better than someone else lol

Got that right.

14 hours ago, Myuyum said:

7-0 Flames lol

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Between Anaheim, LA and Vegas it's a race to the bottom of the Pacific this season. 

Based on the fact that the ducks can't beat Vegas it seems obvious where things will end up.

11 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I was just looking at the standings... the metro and pacific divisions top three teams are all below the Atlantic and central divisions respectively. What is going on this season? I know things can still change but it's kind of interesting. 

There are 8 teams in the league below .500 and 5 of them are from the Pacific division. It's crazy how bad this division is.