The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

2018-2019 NHL Catch-All

Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Columbus, Philadelphia, Carolina, New Jersey, Ottawa, NYR, Detroit, Florida, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona, St. Louis, LA...

This is a list of teams. This is a list of teams where the head coach should be concerned about their job now... :P 

3 hours ago, nieder said:

He has the second most wins of all time. I don't think an average coach gets to that level tbh.

If you were coaching Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith and Hossa in their prime, you'd have a ring or 2 yourself, Nieder.
Just sayin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wataduk said:

If you were coaching Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith and Hossa in their prime, you'd have a ring or 2 yourself, Nieder.
Just sayin.

I didn't mention rings, but okay.

Even if you exclude his ENTIRE tenure with Chicago, he would be 33rd all time, and still only 20 wins shy of Randy Carlyle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nieder said:

I didn't mention rings, but okay.

Even if you exclude his ENTIRE tenure with Chicago, he would be 33rd all time, and still only 20 wins shy of Randy Carlyle.

Fair enough, Coach Nieder. :D

11 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Fair enough, Coach Nieder. :D

Not that matching Carlyle is an achievement, since you could make the same argument about him and the 2007 Ducks team. We could have had Scotty Niedermayer player/coach that powerhouse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

If Babcock has "lost a step" ...what coach do you think is a good coach????

Are you replying to me?  I already said that I think he's one of the top three coaches in the NHL.  He "may" have lost a step in that I think he's gotten a bit more set in his ways and is less adaptable than he was with the Ducks or early Detroit career, but he's still a fantastic coach.

6 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Are you replying to me?  I already said that I think he's one of the top three coaches in the NHL.  He "may" have lost a step in that I think he's gotten a bit more set in his ways and is less adaptable than he was with the Ducks or early Detroit career, but he's still a fantastic coach.

No i wasn't replying to you lol I was replying to the one above you...the one you were replying to. I wasn't very clear lol I agree, Babcock is great. Him, Cooper, Quinneville, Sullivan even I would put in there though he's still a bit new. Love them! Good coaches!

7 hours ago, Pazonator said:

The whole Sens Cab Ride thing is nuts! They got caugh and aren’t facing the media today 

It's something that probably happens after every game with every team. But leave it to an Uber driver in Ottawa to throw more gasoline on the dumpster fire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pazonator said:

The whole Sens Cab Ride thing is nuts! They got caugh and aren’t facing the media today 

Just saw the vid. I didn’t really hear anything outright damaging. This is the banter of every sports athlete when they are hanging out. Sounds like they have a bad coach

truthfully, it was fun to listen to, and it sounded like what every group of players do, from 8U on up through professional sports.  they just generally don't do it around the coach.

it was also kind of neat to know that they use some kind of ridesharing service to get around.  i like it when professional players seem more human.

the real bad issue, though, isn't what they said, it's that whoever owns that camera decided it was ok to upload the video onto youtube.  i get that a driver might want something to protect themselves in case of a robbery or a conflict about payment/whatever with a customer, but that doesn't give them carte blanche in how they use the video, particularly if there wasn't a conflict where the video was needed to resolve something.  in many states, that kind of monitoring is illegal unless you've notified the occupants (some states require explicit, active notification AND consent).  regardless, even if the occupants were notified by a sign or passively, or the state allows drivers to install hidden monitoring devices (don't want a carjacker to rip it out of the vehicle), there's no way the occupants were notified that the video/audio might be uploaded to the internet.  that's a serious breach of privacy, and while the players might be embarrassed, the owner of the video camera should be banned from ridesharing and probably forced to make a public apology for doing something they knew to be a jerk move (if not illegal).  

• Like 2

Kings lost, Sharks lost, Oilers lost, good day. Canucks are impressive. I never thought I'd write that again.

13 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Kings lost, Sharks lost, Oilers lost, good day. Canucks are impressive. I never thought I'd write that again.

I dislike watching that standings so early in the season but a certain team is playing dumb and I'm going to be equally as dumb and look at the standings.

How the **** is Vancouver first in the Pacific? I knew the division was bad. But Vancouver in first bad? Their shiny new Swede is a trip though. That Pettersson kid is doing things.

Edited by poum
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, poum said:

I dislike watching that standings so early in the season but a certain team is playing dumb and I'm going to be equally as dumb and look at the standings.

How the **** is Vancouver first in the Pacific? I knew the division was bad. But Vancouver in first bad? Their shiny new Swede is a trip though. That Pettersson kid is doing things.

I don't watch other teams and it's still early but I didn't expect the canucks to be in this position. Same for montreal and the islanders btw. Again still early but I'm kinda surprised.

21 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Queens shutout by Flames, Yotes destroyed by Pens, Nucks again got a point.

Didn't realize the Kings have the worst record in the game.

12 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Didn't realize the Kings have the worst record in the game.

Didnt realize you were still alive :D

• Like 5

I wouldn't say that too much.  The ducks record is approaching laughing stock status.  It won't be long.  Sad fact but I think well within the realm of probability.

Flopsberg with a wonderful assist for the Sharks 3rd goal... in pure 17/18 Regular season Western Conference champion fashion. 

17 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

The Sharts have blown a 3-0, down 4-3

I haven't been watching the game...just getting updates...but from all that I've seen these past few seasons...I've really never been that impressed by Jones...

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

I guess it was only a matter of time after the bonino trade.

3 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Tanner Pearson traded to Pitt for Carl Hagelin Per Darren Dreger 

Although I never expected them to be last in the league, I never understood the high expectations which were being placed on the Kings this season. Kopitar and Brown had amazing seasons last year and the chance of both of them repeating those performance were slim and none. J Quick showing signs of wear was definitely an issue as well.

As I has said in another post.....when a team is under-performing the logical thing to do is

1) trade a well liked player to get the team's attention

2) change coaches.

The Kings have now done both. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Thoughts on the Josh Morrissey WWE move on TJ Oshie?
DOPS just handed down a fine and no suspension on Josh. SMH
Cogs would have got 20 games minimum for that non-hockey style play.