The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

• sdgullsahlNEWS: We've signed left wing Ben Thomson to a one-year contract through the 2018-19 @TheAHL season.

The Gulls have signed left wing Ben Thomson to a one-year contract through the 2018-19 AHL season.

Thomson, 25 (1/16/93), recorded 5-8=13 points with 119 penalty minutes (PIM) in 64 games last season with the Binghamton Devils, leading the team and setting a new AHL career high in PIM. The 6-3, 205-pound forward has scored 25-32=57 points with 415 PIM in 276 career AHL games with Albany (2014-17) and Binghamton (2017-18). He has also made 13 Calder Cup Playoff appearances with the Albany, earning three goals (3-0=3) and 16 PIM.

The Brampton, Ontario native has appeared in three NHL games with New Jersey, going scoreless with four PIM. Originally selected by the New Jersey Devils in the fourth round (96th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft, Thomson made his NHL debut on Apr. 4, 2017 vs. Philadelphia, going scoreless with two shots in 9:31 TOI.

@icemancometh

Just to note for those particularly interested in the Vegas happenings. Ducks first-round pick Isac Lundestrom is skating with Jack Kopacka and Kiefer Sherwood. Sam Steel is centering Max Comtois and Troy Terry.

Also in Ducks rookie camp practice, Marcus Pettersson was paired with Hunter Drew for much of it while Jacob Larsson was with Josh Mahura. Pettersson's wearing No. 28 now.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, DuckFan4Life said:
@icemancometh

Just to note for those particularly interested in the Vegas happenings. Ducks first-round pick Isac Lundestrom is skating with Jack Kopacka and Kiefer Sherwood. Sam Steel is centering Max Comtois and Troy Terry.

Also in Ducks rookie camp practice, Marcus Pettersson was paired with Hunter Drew for much of it while Jacob Larsson was with Josh Mahura. Pettersson's wearing No. 28 now.

Just wondering anyone saw the Ducks Rookies battling queens Rookies.....8-3 Smashing win that is Very Greeeeeeat.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/7/2018 at 3:51 PM, DuckFan4Life said:
@icemancometh

Kopacka, Lundestrom and Sherwood looked pretty good in the first 2 games. I don't know about Steel being an NHL centerman though. Terry looked ok along with Comtois. Lundestrom is looking like a steal. I don't know about Larsson. He was compared to Lindholm early on but I'm not seeing it. He might be a late bloomer. I think the Ducks are pretty secure with forward talent in the future. Eriksson-Ek looks like a solid young goalie. Made some good saves in the first game.

19 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Kopacka, Lundestrom and Sherwood looked pretty good in the first 2 games. I don't know about Steel being an NHL centerman though. Terry looked ok along with Comtois. Lundestrom is looking like a steal. I don't know about Larsson. He was compared to Lindholm early on but I'm not seeing it. He might be a late bloomer. I think the Ducks are pretty secure with forward talent in the future. Eriksson-Ek looks like a solid young goalie. Made some good saves in the first game.

They look Good and I think it will provide a challenge for the Ducks Front Office...I am sure their will be alot of Allnighters.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck