The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Ducks 2018 Training Camp:

@icemanconeth Can confirm that Ducks put Julius Nattinen on unconditional waivers to terminate contract. Nattinen opting to return to Finland than report to AHL San Diego. Second-round pick in 2015. Went 4-8-12 in 55 GP with Gulls last season.

Ducks assign Giovanni Fiore, Mitch Hults, Jack Kopacka, Angus Redmond, Deven Sideroff and Keaton Thompson to AHL San Diego. Roman Durny sent to USHL Des Moines. Also reports that Jaycob Megna on regular waivers.

@AnaheimDucks

The Ducks have reduced their training camp roster to 43 players after making the following roster moves:

Assigned to San Diego (AHL):
Giovanni Fiore - Left Wing
Mitch Hults - Center
Jack Kopacka - Left Wing
Angus Redmond - Goaltender
Deven Sideroff - Right Wing
Keaton Thompson - Defenseman

Assigned to Junior Team:
Roman Durny - Goaltender (Des Moines of USHL)

Updated training camp roster (as of Sept. 24, 2018).

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Nattinen's development just completely stalled after that one nice year in juniors.  I hope Megna clears waivers.  I'd like to see him become the Ducks 6th/7th d-man.  But I also don't think he's going to be much more than that at any point, so if he gets claimed, it's not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Nattinen's development just completely stalled after that one nice year in juniors.  I hope Megna clears waivers.  I'd like to see him become the Ducks 6th/7th d-man.  But I also don't think he's going to be much more than that at any point, so if he gets claimed, it's not the end of the world.

Ducks got alot of depth in minors...I mean if Ducks lose one..One takes their Place Gorby.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Also posted in game day.

Replying to @icemancometh

I don’t know if you watched warmups, but perry looked like he went off early with an apparent injury... did you see anything?

Eric Stephens Retweeted Patrick Barnes

Checking on him. He's been scratched tonight. Max Comtois now drawing in.

22 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

All waiver-eligible players from yesterday cleared

Hey, so what happened with Max Jones? I'm sure it was talked about somewhere...but I can't find it. Was he even at training camp? Do people like him? Is he doing ok?

20 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Hey, so what happened with Max Jones? I'm sure it was talked about somewhere...but I can't find it. Was he even at training camp? Do people like him? Is he doing ok?

Has a hand injury specifically his thumb, has been doing some work at camp, but will start the year in SD.

13 minutes ago, oside2006 said:

Has a hand injury specifically his thumb, has been doing some work at camp, but will start the year in SD.

Got it got it got it. That would explain why he hasn't been playing lol thanks!

On 9/23/2018 at 2:41 AM, perry_mvp said:

Too bad Groulx was sent back to juniors. He looked pretty good in the junior tournament.

I will keep you inform of his progress as with other 2 Ducks Prospects in Q League that I promise you.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Rodin, Oleksy, De Leo, Coreau, Carrick, and Boyle were placed on waivers today for us. 

Was hoping Rodin would stick it with the club, but I imagine this is the end of the road for his NHL career. Don't think he will want to go down to San Diego.

His only other option at this point would be to go back to Sweden.  His $750k isn't bad, as long as you aren't expecting franchise player pay, and as long as he's on the Gulls, he could be traded to an NHL team or would be eligible to play up when we inevitably lose 5 players to injuries this year.

How is the pay differential for Sweden?  If you're worth $750k/year in the US, are you generally worth more or less per year in Sweden?

Just now, BlazingEtem said:

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap:

3 Things:

1. That really sucks

2. Wow, that was incredibly quick from injury to diagnosis, to surgery.

3. While I'm really bummed, I am glad that he is FINALLY getting his knee repaired. He has looked like he has been nursing a knee injury these last few seasons, and I have a theory that he hasn't been the same player since that BS Keith Ballard "hip check" a few years ago in Minnesota.

Ugh. I know Perry isn't high on everyones list right now. But damn, that's at least 50 points gone.

15 minutes ago, poum said:

Ugh. I know Perry isn't high on everyones list right now. But damn, that's at least 50 points gone.

No kidding. I wasn't expecting much from him but that's still around 50 points out the window. That hurts.

3 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Rodin, Oleksy, De Leo, Coreau, Carrick, and Boyle were placed on waivers today for us. 

Was hoping Rodin would stick it with the club, but I imagine this is the end of the road for his NHL career. Don't think he will want to go down to San Diego.

Rodin would be making $750K playing in San Diego unless I'm missing something.

45 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

So...Troy Terry making the team for sure now?

@icemancometh Top two right wings for Ducks on opening night looking like Troy Terry and Ondrej Kase, with Jakob Silfverberg now on the left side.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:00 PM, perry_mvp said:

Rodin would be making $750K playing in San Diego unless I'm missing something.

He wont, unless the ducks convinced him he could be a call up during the year, but most likely will return to Sweden, and they will put him on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

4 hours ago, oside2006 said:

He wont, unless the ducks convinced him he could be a call up during the year, but most likely will return to Sweden, and they will put him on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

Unless a player is exempt from waivers, they have to be put on waivers to be sent down to San Diego. 

6 hours ago, oside2006 said:

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

Unless a player is exempt from waivers, they have to be put on waivers to be sent down to San Diego. 

Murray said after the Rodin signing, that it was low risk, if Rodin didnt make the main roster he would go back to Sweden.

18 minutes ago, oside2006 said:

Murray said after the Rodin signing, that it was low risk, if Rodin didnt make the main roster he would go back to Sweden.

Rodin doesn't have to be bought out if he requests to be released from his contract.

9 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Rodin doesn't have to be bought out if he requests to be released from his contract.

it wouldnt be the Ducks buying him out, it would be Rodin wanting to terminate his contract with the Ducks.

Anaheim Ducks (via Eric Stephens of The Athletic)

Simon Benoit (to San Diego, AHL)
Kevin Boyle (to San Diego, AHL)
Sam Carrick (to San Diego, AHL)
Jared Coreau (to San Diego, AHL)
Chase De Leo (to San Diego, AHL)
Jacob Larsson (to San Diego, AHL)
Steven Oleksy (to San Diego, AHL)
Josh Mahura (to San Diego, AHL)
Anton Rodin (to San Diego, AHL)
Corey Tropp (to San Diego, AHL)
Andy Welinski (to San Diego, AHL)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Anaheim Ducks (via Eric Stephens of The Athletic)

Simon Benoit (to San Diego, AHL)
Kevin Boyle (to San Diego, AHL)
Sam Carrick (to San Diego, AHL)
Jared Coreau (to San Diego, AHL)
Chase De Leo (to San Diego, AHL)
Jacob Larsson (to San Diego, AHL)
Steven Oleksy (to San Diego, AHL)
Josh Mahura (to San Diego, AHL)
Anton Rodin (to San Diego, AHL)
Corey Tropp (to San Diego, AHL)
Andy Welinski (to San Diego, AHL)

Latest Cuts and Ducks reduce their number to 32 players. T-minus 5 Days till our Ducks are UNLEASHED upon the NHL....soon we see 25th Edition of our Ducks emerge with Youth and Experince along with Speed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck