The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Ducks 2018 Training Camp:

On 9/26/2018 at 10:31 AM, BlazingEtem said:

Rodin, Oleksy, De Leo, Coreau, Carrick, and Boyle were placed on waivers today for us. 

Was hoping Rodin would stick it with the club, but I imagine this is the end of the road for his NHL career. Don't think he will want to go down to San Diego.

Anton Rodin (ANA) is on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:06 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Anton Rodin (ANA) is on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination.

So much for signing him....smh. Anyways one Training Camp aka Gathering of Ducks is now in the Books. Now we wait. How our Ducks 25th Edition will be formed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 minutes ago, oside2006 said:

looks like he will start in SD, but that's to get him up to speed with our new system.

Are you talking about Aberg? He’ll still need to clear waivers if we want to send him to San Diego.

4 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Are you talking about Aberg? He’ll still need to clear waivers if we want to send him to San Diego.

yes,but i was going off Capfriendly, has him as minors status.

1 minute ago, oside2006 said:

yes,but i was going off Capfriendly, has him as minors status.

My guess is that Aberg will be taking Gibbons’ spot on the 4th line. I like the add.

• Like 1

Looking at the schedule for this month, the 21st would be the 9th potential game played for Comtois. The 22nd is an off day before a 2 game road trip so I would say if Ritchie hasn't signed by then, Comtois could be staying the season. 

16 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Looking at the schedule for this month, the 21st would be the 9th potential game played for Comtois. The 22nd is an off day before a 2 game road trip so I would say if Ritchie hasn't signed by then, Comtois could be staying the season. 

The Aberg signing doesn't bode well for Comtois staying with the team at all.  But let's do the line math:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Terry

Silf - Henrique - Kase

Cogliano - Steel - Sherwood

Aberg - Blandisi/Street - Rowney

Personally, I'd love to see Comtois on the second line with Henrique and move Silf back to RW on Steel's line.  If Comtois were a center, he'd probably center the 4th line.  I don't know.  Maybe they'll still give him a few games to see what he can do.

9 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Aberg signing doesn't bode well for Comtois staying with the team at all.  But let's do the line math:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Terry

Silf - Henrique - Kase

Cogliano - Steel - Sherwood

Aberg - Blandisi/Street - Rowney

Personally, I'd love to see Comtois on the second line with Henrique and move Silf back to RW on Steel's line.  If Comtois were a center, he'd probably center the 4th line.  I don't know.  Maybe they'll still give him a few games to see what he can do.

I would just prefer to go with what we do know. Blandisi and Street are both down in San Diego. Perry is out for at least 5 months, no real word on Kesler and just speculation on Eaves. Sherwood is still up along with Steel.Comtois and Lunderstom haven't been sent away yet. Aberg is a RH LW so maybe they try him on the RW? Before that, he needs to get up to speed as he's been assigned to the Gulls (at least that's what CapFriendly says). Oh and that meat head Ritchie. Who knows when and if he signs. I think Eaves would have a bigger impact on Comtois and maybe Terry.

an other small guy with Aberg... we play with too many guys with height 5'10 / 5'11... Blandisi, Steel, Cogliano, Aberg, Eaves, Gibbons (5'08!), Kase. the 4 Henrique, Montour, Sherwood and Street all  6'0....

what is the plan? going between the legs of the opponents?

8 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

an other small guy with Aberg... we play with too many guys with height 5'10 / 5'11... Blandisi, Steel, Cogliano, Aberg, Eaves, Gibbons (5'08!), Kase. the 4 Henrique, Montour, Sherwood and Street all  6'0....

what is the plan? going between the legs of the opponents?

It's not 1997 any more.  Derian Hatcher and Scott Stevens aren't out there wrestling guys in front of the net and in the corners.  It's a smaller, faster (better, in my opinion) game now.  The Ducks still have guys who can win battles, but now they also have guys who can skate.  Count me in.

4 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

It's not 1997 any more.  Derian Hatcher and Scott Stevens aren't out there wrestling guys in front of the net and in the corners.  It's a smaller, faster (better, in my opinion) game now.  The Ducks still have guys who can win battles, but now they also have guys who can skate.  Count me in.

I suppose if other teams also have smaller players then it's our small guys wrestling and battling their small guys. Lucha libre on ice.

• Like 1

Training Camp is done....and 1 Day till Ducks are UNLEASHED. I am confident this team will FLY out at the seat of the pants to DESTROY THOSE that stand in our way. I am eager,FIRED UP and ready for Ducks 25th Anniversary to begin.....I am however eager for Ducks Young Guns in Steel,Comotois and Few others to Show Ducks what they got and Contribute.

DUCKPRIDE 4EVER

MooseDuck