The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

Brian Gibbons will be out of lineup and stay under evaluation. Team will wait for swelling in left hand to go down before they determine if there is more damage. Got hurt blocking Dion Phaneuf's shot on Wednesday. #NHLDucks

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Brian Gibbons will be out of lineup and stay under evaluation. Team will wait for swelling in left hand to go down before they determine if there is more damage. Got hurt blocking Dion Phaneuf's shot on Wednesday. #NHLDucks

All preseason injuries are horrible but potentially breaking your hand by blocking a 2018 Dion Phaneuf shot in a blowout game might be as sad as it gets. I didn't see the game but I'd be willing to bet that shot wasn't placed anywhere near the net. It's a shame too since Gibbons appeared to be one of the better pickups Murray made this offseason.

7 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I am hopeful that Injury bug will not be as bad as it was last season...Those are my views.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Per the "My NHL Trade Rumors site,

Kase out for precautionary reasons

Elliotte Teaford: Anaheim Ducks forward Ondrej Kase was held out of practice for the second consecutive day for precautionary reasons. Kase was accidentally kicked in the face over the weekend. Coach Randy Carlyle wouldn’t say what the precaution was.

This doesn't sound good.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-injuries-bruins-blackhawks-canes-lightning-sabres-ducks-and-canucks/2018/10/02/

Edited by Shadowduck

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

I wonder if GMBM is getting desperate enough to sign Etem if his Kings/Reign PTO doesn't pan out.

I think Bob and Ducks have move on from Etem...I am happy with who the Ducks have right now. T-minus 1 DAY till Ducks are UNLEASHED.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I wonder if GMBM is getting desperate enough to sign Etem if his Kings/Reign PTO doesn't pan out.

He was never able to play at the NHL level.  

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Watching play live he had speed which was his strength.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Watching play live he had speed which was his strength.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

He definitely had speed Moose. The problem was he seemed to just speed around without noticing his teammates on the ice. 

3 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

The nose bleed didn't look concussion-causing, but he got worked over a bit by Doughty and I think I saw Phaneuf hit him wrong a few times (hence part of the reason behind Manson trying to lower the boom on him a few times and calling him out repeatedly).  The cross checks to Cog's hip was the rest of the reasoning.  Considering the difference in size between P and C, that was both literally and figuratively a low blow.  

I fear Phaneuf is going to wait until Manson has his back turned and start something that ends in an injury.  Phaneuf is a suspension waiting to happen.  His hits and penalties all look like they're meant to injure.

And that brings up one scary thing - if Manson had connected with his elbow on Phaneuf, it looked it could easily have been a 3-10 game suspension.  We don't need to lose M for any length of time on a player like P.

INJURY UPDATES

Brian Gibbons sustained a bone bruise while blocking a shot in preseason, but he’s cleared to play. 

Ondrej Kase suffered a concussion in the preseason finale against the Los Angeles Kings. There is no timetable for his return.

12 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Kase out with a concussion. Hope Rakell can put up 60 goals this year 

IMO it was not a matter of if but a matter of when.
Unfortunately, it came much sooner than I had hoped.

Although ahead of his time in terms of speed and skill, I remember feeling the same way about Pavel Bure back in the day.

Edited by wataduk

Well this confirms it then and leaves no doubt now.... we are cursed and the hockey gods are mad at our Ducks for some apparent reason. This could only mean one thing.....

..... it’s time for a sacrifice. A sacrificial lamb to the hockey lords to appease them and get back into favorable contention. One so large that it matches or surpasses the last one we did back in 2006. 

I’ll start gathering the tinder for the flame. 

Oh nice. Both of our Top 6 RW's are out, and that is not even counting Eaves.

I don't even know how you blend the lines tomorrow. I guess S33 is the top line RW for the time being. 

1 minute ago, BlazingEtem said:

Oh nice. Both of our Top 6 RW's are out, and that is not even counting Eaves.

I don't even know how you blend the lines tomorrow. I guess S33 is the top line RW for the time being. 

Why wouldn't Troy Terry be up there like he was throughout camp?

I would guess Silf will be with Henrique on the second line.  I'd put Comtois on that line to see what he can do.  Put Cogliano with Steel.

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

Why wouldn't Troy Terry be up there like he was throughout camp?

I would guess Silf will be with Henrique on the second line.  I'd put Comtois on that line to see what he can do.  Put Cogliano with Steel.

I personally would prefer S33, but you are right. RC used Terry up there the most so I guess he is technically the Top line RW for now.

2 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

I personally would prefer S33, but you are right. RC used Terry up there the most so I guess he is technically the Top line RW for now.

I'd rather spread out the experience.  Henrique, Silf, and a competent LW might be able to provide some offensive spark outside of the first line.  Terry's going to have some growing pains, but I also think he'll provide some nice skill alongside Getzlaf and Rakell.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Some of the players that Murray has signed past and present are just fringe NHL'ers anyway. Heck, Rowney somehow finagled $1.1M out of Bob and his NHL career hasn't been any better than Etem's stat wise.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Kase out with a concussion. Hope Rakell can put up 60 goals this year 

^%*&^#&*^$.

1 hour ago, Spike1981 said:

go for the first pick or what?

what they have for a summer training? after that every year now they got hurt?!

Anaheim Glass

Some of the players that Murray has signed past and present are just fringe NHL'ers anyway. Heck, Rowney somehow finagled $1.1M out of Bob and his NHL career hasn't been any better than Etem's stat wise.

Etem blew up his junior team with 65-80-107 points over 3 years. He was expected to be an elite scorer. 

Rowney had 19-31-78 points over 3 years. I don’t know what the expectations were, but they couldn’t have been as high as Etem’s. 

I was excited to see Etem light it up on the Ducks but he fell far short.  I just don’t think his hockey IQ is where it needs to be. I also felt that he was more a one man show than a line player. That’s my opinion of what I saw, nothing more. 

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Etem blew up his junior team with 65-80-107 points over 3 years. He was expected to be an elite scorer. 

Rowney had 19-31-78 points over 3 years. I don’t know what the expectations were, but they couldn’t have been as high as Etem’s. 

I was excited to see Etem light it up on the Ducks but he fell far short.  I just don’t think his hockey IQ is where it needs to be. I also felt that he was more a one man show than a line player. That’s my opinion of what I saw, nothing more. 

In summarization, Etem’s psych report came back saying he suffers from what hockey shrinks call Tunnel Vision. Plan of treatment involved weekly hypnosis and 2 pills (a blue and a red) to help cure him but he skipped out on all his sessions

Getz is "Lower Body Flu" with chance to see Lundestrom tonight as reported by Kent in the 2-minute pregame update.

1 hour ago, Aksun said:

Getz is "Lower Body Flu" with chance to see Lundestrom tonight as reported by Kent in the 2-minute pregame update.

Isac I am sure will do the Rookie Single lap. Tradition for those to settle down those butterflies.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck