Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Isac I am sure will do the Rookie Single lap. Tradition for those to settle down those butterflies.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Maybe not on opening night..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An upbeat @Patrick_Eaves met with the media after today’s practice, describing the hurdles he’ve overcome and progress he’s made. “I’m getting better. It’s been a blast to get out with the guys. There’s light at the end of the tunnel - you can see it.”
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChicagoDucksFan said:

Anyone catch any updates on Getzlaf yet and how long he is expected to be out?  The complete silence seems odd at game 3.

Go Ducks!

I don't take it as a good sign.  I feel like if it was minor, we would have been more likely to hear that he was skating or we would have been given a timetable.

The NHL's policy of not disclosing injuries is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Kesler skating with Cogs and Sherwood today at morning skate. 

Oh boy. He better be 100% or very very close to it or else why come in and aggravate the hips. If he does play he should be regulated to lesser minutes to see how he does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChicagoDucksFan said:

Anyone catch any updates on Getzlaf yet and how long he is expected to be out?  The complete silence seems odd at game 3.

Go Ducks!

If he tore a groin muscle like people suspect it could be months before he comes back. I am sure the Ducks are waiting to see how long term this injury is to say anything publicly. I think they are in a wait and see mode and since it is the beginning of the season probably being cautious in order to not injure him further by letting him play too soon and then lose him for the entire year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

#NHLDucks injury updates from GMBM: Kesler is a go tonight. Getzlaf's groin injury isn't as bad as feared, could be back next week. Kase still suffering from concussion symptoms but improving. Eaves is making good progress. It won't be long.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElliottTeaford/status/1050204428941160448

Finally some good news!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In last night's game, Kesler kept pushing off using only one leg.  It was very disconcerting, and he didn't look even 70%.

Until I hear differently, I'm going to consider last night a tryout to see where Kesler is at.  Unclear what he's going to do going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fisix said:

In last night's game, Kesler kept pushing off using only one leg.  It was very disconcerting, and he didn't look even 70%.

Until I hear differently, I'm going to consider last night a tryout to see where Kesler is at.  Unclear what he's going to do going forward.

He's on a game to game basis. He may miss one every now and then or miss a few. That's the latest report.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notes from the Pacific DIvision.

The Anaheim Ducks got some good news today as Ryan Getzlaf skated for the first time since suffering a groin injury in the third period of their game against Arizona on Oct. 6. While he skated effortlessly, his appearance on the ice was a short one and isn’t expected to play in either game this weekend, according to Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register.

Regardless, the Ducks and Getzlaf have high hopes that he’ll be back soon, which is much better than the original estimate that he could miss as much as a month, although the veteran refused to commit to a return date.

“It’s hard to say because you talk to the doctors and originally it was going to be 2-3 weeks, 3-4 weeks, those kinds of thing,” he said. “Obviously, we’re ahead of schedule. We can’t put a timeline on it because everybody’s body is going to heal differently. We’ll make our adjustments. If the leg progresses faster, then I’ll be back faster.”
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capfriendly placed Getzlaf on IR. Activated Blandsi.

Not sure how accurate that is as last night they said three kids were sent down that were not. Lundestrom, Steel and Sherwood all played against the Blues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silfverberg is injured just what we need another Injury....Would not be surprise IF Ducks Recall Chase Deleo.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poum said:

Capfriendly placed Getzlaf on IR. Activated Blandsi.

Not sure how accurate that is as last night they said three kids were sent down that were not. Lundestrom, Steel and Sherwood all played against the Blues.

 

Blandisi definitely recalled. Getzlaf probably put on IR due to 23-man roster limit. The Ducks can make the IR designation retroactive to the date of the injury though, so I wouldn't read anything into it yet. He won't have to sit for the full 7 days starting yesterday (Sunday). It's already been more than 7 days since the injury, so he'll play as soon as he's ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Blandisi definitely recalled. Getzlaf probably put on IR due to 23-man roster limit. The Ducks can make the IR designation retroactive to the date of the injury though, so I wouldn't read anything into it yet. He won't have to sit for the full 7 days starting yesterday (Sunday). It's already been more than 7 days since the injury, so he'll play as soon as he's ready.

Makes me wonder when.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Blandisi definitely recalled. Getzlaf probably put on IR due to 23-man roster limit. The Ducks can make the IR designation retroactive to the date of the injury though, so I wouldn't read anything into it yet. He won't have to sit for the full 7 days starting yesterday (Sunday). It's already been more than 7 days since the injury, so he'll play as soon as he's ready.

 

NEWS: The #NHLDucks have reassigned forward Joseph Blandisi to the @SDGullsAHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick rundown: Getzlaf (who was on trip) said he's skated for four days now, sounds like someone who's ready. Rowney, Silfverberg, Kase worked with skating coach, not w/team yet. Doesn't seem like either is particularly close. Eaves skated on extra forward group. There you go.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Eaves skated on extra forward group. There you go.

What is the extra forward group?  Where does that put him in terms of being game ready?

Edited by HockeyIzCool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

What is the extra forward group?  Where does that put him in terms of being game ready?

Sounds to me like a group with Eaves as the only member :lol:

Sucks for Silfverberg btw. He had a rough season last year but he was putting up points this time around. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Edited by DucksFan_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Quick rundown: Getzlaf (who was on trip) said he's skated for four days now, sounds like someone who's ready. Rowney, Silfverberg, Kase worked with skating coach, not w/team yet. Doesn't seem like either is particularly close. Eaves skated on extra forward group. There you go.

At least Kase is skating again. 

Bummed about S33.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...