The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

5 hours ago, Aksun said:

"He was carrying the team and we can’t allow that to happen again." 🤔

Say hwat? You knew Gibson was being run into the ground - each and every fan on these boards included - and you didn't stop it? No trade for a better dime-a-dozen backup than Jones? Seriously?

THIS!

6 hours ago, Aksun said:

Bobbo on Gibbeh: "He was carrying the team and we can’t allow that to happen again." 🤔

Say hwat? You knew Gibson was being run into the ground - each and every fan on these boards included - and you didn't stop it? No trade for a better dime-a-dozen backup than Jones? Seriously?

In other news, Kesler intends to tank out the contract. How this will be done - Bob will discuss with Kes and his agent between Lottery and July 1st:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/03/ducks-ryan-kesler-in-the-process-of-determining-his-future/?obref=obinsite

I read it differently. To me it sounds like Kes is determined to play out his entire contract but that GMBM wants to shut him down, and that GMBM is going to try to get the doctors and his agent to talk Kesler into retirement.

Btw, “Tank” should never be used in the same sentence with Kesler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

Like I said, him releasing that video plays a part in what is to come. There was always intention behind that video and It was all part of the plan to notice the NHL (and his fans) of his impending departure. To show his fans that he is no quitter but due to the gravity of the situation that he has no choice and that his body just can’t do it anymore instead of pulling an Eaves and have everyone just guessing what is going on and guessing on how bad it is and making assumptions without knowing the facts. There is a LOT of money on the table, he will take it of course (why wouldn’t he?) but he wanted everyone to know that there is a really good reason for doing what he is about to do and that is most likely to go on long term injury absence and essentially quit the game, not because his mind wants to but because his body just can’t do it. 

I don't know if any type of plan is required. Everybody already knows how severely injured he is and that he will likely have to 'retire' and take the money. I don't know if some kind of plan to set up that scenario is really needed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nieder said:

I don't know if any type of plan is required. Everybody already knows how severely injured he is and that he will likely have to 'retire' and take the money. I don't know if some kind of plan to set up that scenario is really needed.

+1. Kesler doesn’t strike me as a person who needs to justify himself to anyone outside of maybe his most inner circle. I betcha he’d prefer a Keyser Soze disappearing act to some orchestrated, prolonged exit to “save face” in front of the fans.

7 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

+1. Kesler doesn’t strike me as a person who needs to justify himself to anyone outside of maybe his most inner circle. I betcha he’d prefer a Keyser Soze disappearing act to some orchestrated, prolonged exit to “save face” in front of the fans.

Interesting. Then why consent to release that video? 

#NHLDucks Hampus Lindholm, Rickard Rakell and Jakob Silfverberg are not on Sweden's world championships roster. They're listed as injured.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#NHLDucks Hampus Lindholm, Rickard Rakell and Jakob Silfverberg are not on Sweden's world championships roster. They're listed as injured.

Butthurt

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

Butthurt

More likely I think they are passing this over...Want to Rest and Heal. Therefore be ready gor 19-20 season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

What's the story with Kesler? Is he going to have another off-season surgery or will retire? The last time I heard GM Bob Murray was going to "have a difficult but necessary conversation" with him. Haven't heard anything since then.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

What's the story with Kesler? Is he going to have another off-season surgery or will retire? The last time I heard GM Bob Murray was going to "have a difficult but necessary conversation" with him. Haven't heard anything since then.

It's only April. We're not going to hear anything until summer imo. 

• Like 1

@icemancometh Was not in San Jose last night so do not know full details of Max Jones injury but a few have asked. Told he will be evaluated again Saturday when Gulls resume practice and start prep for second round. Got hurt near end of second period of clinching Game 4.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, dukitup said:

It's only April. We're not going to hear anything until summer imo. 

I know Best we have no news  then News. Sucks Max Jones is down with Injury.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck