The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

Injury updates, per Executive Vice President and General Manager Bob Murray: - Ryan Getzlaf & Carter Rowney are possibilities to play on Saturday against VGK. - Jakob Silfverberg has a non-displaced broken finger, suffered in St. Louis. He’s skating, but not puck handling.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Ducks have recalled Pontus Aberg from AHL San Diego and sent Troy Terry to Gulls, as reported by @ElliottTeaford. Max Jones, who's coming off bad thumb injury, has also been assigned to San Diego.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Max Jones can do. He caught such a bad break by getting injured right before training camp since he would have had one of the better chances of making the team. Plus, it gives us a chance to potentially see a Jones-Steel-Terry line at some point. That could be a good time.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 2

@renlavoietva any further information on  report that Max Comtois is possibly out tonight with an injury?

@icemancometh Doesn't appear he will be playing. Official reason should come down later but he was on ice with scratches. Ondrej Kase, Patrick Eaves won't play tonight, per RC.

5 hours ago, JadeDragonEyes said:

This just in we are getting rid of our 3rd jerseys and going with this one for the rest of time

injured-duck-2.jpg

Oh Boy....Not only Injuries are a factor to the Ducks being in slump....Failure to execute the strategy is one reason to. Who knows what goes on in Ducks Locker Room.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Elliott Teaford @ElliottTeaford

Max Comtois, Ondrej Kase, Nick Ritchie and Carter Rowney are not skating. Ducks really thin on the wing.

Oh hey, Silvy! @jsilfverberg33 joined us for practice and met with the media afterward, saying it was good to join the team and get into on-ice battles. He stressed he was not sure about his availability for tomorrow against the Sharks.
Edited by DuckFan4Life

31 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Geez these injuries are redixulous didn’t think we could out do last year but 

One has got to have faith especially in Ducks Young Guns and Rank-and-File.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'm guessing that nobody here has any clue, but has there been Any information given out about Eaves and his status?  Is he basically skating and practicing by himself?  If he's still not scrimmaging with other teammates or with any sort of contact, does that essentially mean that he is still at least weeks away?

I realize everything is secret, secret with the Ducks and many NHL teams, but their whole explanation of his situation has been strange.  First he had this super rare illness, which threatened his career, and perhaps his life.  The Ducks let that storyline stay out there for almost a year, before saying that it was never in fact the disease, but that he still had experienced some sort of illness.  If that has passed for quite some time now, and the injury that he supposedly suffered a few months ago must be healed by now, why is he still having trouble getting back to game shape?

I realize it's going to be a great boost to have him back in the lineup, but should we be concerned that he will never be the player he was before his illness last year?

Edit To Add: Just saw this from 3 days ago:

Eaves (shoulder) doesn't have a specific time frame for when he might be able to suit up in a game, Eric Stephens of The Athletic reports.

Eaves did join the team on its most recent road trip and is practicing, which are certainly steps in the right direction. The winger is meeting with the medical staff on a weekly basis, but the fact that he can't pinpoint when he might be ready doesn't bode well for a return in the near future.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

Never a hint of anything like what you speculate on Eaves, and the stuff you mentioned... we'd have heard that long ago if it had any chance of even being suspected.  People don't keep secrets that well. 

I think if you still can, you might want to edit that first paragraph out of your post. 

The second paragraph is warranted (though the shoulder thing was reported and they're typically hard to time frame, so it's not really hinting at anything).  He's been surprisingly fragile, even given his past reputation (before the illness).

37 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Never a hint of anything like what you speculate on Eaves, and the stuff you mentioned... we'd have heard that long ago if it had any chance of even being suspected.  People don't keep secrets that well. 

I think if you still can, you might want to edit that first paragraph out of your post. 

The second paragraph is warranted (though the shoulder thing was reported and they're typically hard to time frame, so it's not really hinting at anything).  He's been surprisingly fragile, even given his past reputation (before the illness).

Yes historically he’s been injury prone. He also put up good numbers in a “”career”” year  especially for a player who was never a considered a goal scorer. This is why some fans here were concerned about the resigning. Hard to say that it’s hindsight when all the historical evidence was readily available at the time of Bob resigning him. I find it hard to believe that another team would have given him the same contract, he basically signed then cashed out (voluntarily or not). 

Appears Nick Ritchie is upgraded to questionable tonight after missing Sunday but Josh Manson got dinged the other night and is a question mark. Could be generally applied to Ducks at this time.

6 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Appears Nick Ritchie is upgraded to questionable tonight after missing Sunday but Josh Manson got dinged the other night and is a question mark. Could be generally applied to Ducks at this time.

Injury Bug Shows again...Ducks Depth needs to be ready Tonite and next Month. No Matter what we must support this team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

4 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Any updates on our INJURED team - who's coming back and when ??????

" Can't tell the players without a scorecard "

I’ve been wondering about Kase. I know it was concussion related and that type of injury takes its necessary recovery time, but boy do I miss the guy!

Getzlaf and Kesler are game time decisions and the Ducks called up another center from the Gulls. Good news is Kase and Ritchie both skated in the morning skate. Aren’t expected to play tonight though. All from Elliott Teaford.

2 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Getzlaf and Kesler are game time decisions and the Ducks called up another center from the Gulls. Good news is Kase and Ritchie both skated in the morning skate. Aren’t expected to play tonight though. All from Elliott Teaford.

what's wrong with Kesler again?

On 11/6/2018 at 7:28 PM, Fisix said:

One is old.  The other is older.

oh, and Manson is on IR.

Not everyday I expect but Depth is being tested again this year as it was the next.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/6/2018 at 4:26 PM, FanSince1993 said:

what's wrong with Kesler again?

Honestly I doubt we will ever see Kesler score more than 30 points again. It seems he is never going to be 100%.

25 minutes ago, nieder said:

Honestly I doubt we will ever see Kesler score more than 30 points again. It seems he is never going to be 100%.

He doesn't look like he has any ability to drive or quickly change directions.  I don't doubt his effort, but it just looks like he's physically incapable of playing the way he used to play.

45 minutes ago, Fisix said:

He's actually gotten visibly better since his first couple games this season.  Don't be too negative too quick.

Agreed.  I think he's been doing well lately.

• Like 1